vered in red, white and blue stars-a

in Mitglieder 27.05.2019 07:54
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. -- Darien Fernandez scored 19 points, J.R. Holder scored 11 and the 1,000th point of his career, and Jacksonville used a big second-half run to pull away from Marist 85-64 on Saturday.Down by two at halftime, Jacksonville (7-4) opened the second half with a 16-3 run, sparked by back-to-back layups by Fernandez, and pulled ahead 53-38 on a layup by Devin Harris after forcing four turnovers in the opening 42. Fernandez hit a 3-pointer and the Dolphins led 70-52 with 9:29 left and were never threatened the rest of the way.Cody Helgeland scored 18 points and made 4 of 6 3-pointers, Harris finished with 14 points and Omar El Manasterly added 11 for the Dolphins.After six lead changes and four ties, Brian Parker put Marist up 35-31 with a layup but Jacksonville closed to 35-32 at halftime on Holders jumper.Khallid Hart scored 12 points, including the 1,500th of his career on a 3-pointer, for Marist (4-7). Swell Water Bottle Wholesale . -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No. sWell Traveler Sale .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. http://www.swellwaterbottlesale.com/Swell-Bottle-17-Oz-Sale/ .com) - The Chicago Blackhawks aim for their third three-game winning streak of the season when they host the struggling Edmonton Oilers in Sundays battle at the United Center. Swell Bottles Sale . The Masters champion and winner of last weeks Australian PGA has a three-round total of 14-under 199 at Royal Melbourne. "Im in a really gd position for tomorrow," Scott said. Swell Bottles Wholesale .J. Ellis hit two-run homers and the NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the San Diego Padres 4-0 Saturday night. OMAHA, Neb. -- Michael Phelps chuckled. He paused. Then he lked away. He needed a second. The man who had spent almost his entire career hiding his true emotions was about to break down in tears. A few minutes earlier, in the arena where he has created so many memories over the past eight years, he had just qualified for his fifth consecutive Olympic team, a first for a U.S. male. And without much time to process, he struggled to articulate exactly what it meant.That was probably harder than any swim I had in my life, Phelps confessed.For once, it wasnt entirely about what had just happened in the water. Oh sure, he was pleased to win Wednesday nights 200-meter butterfly (1:54.84), the event in which he first qualified for the Olympics 16 years ago as well as the one in which his older sister, Whitney, once competed. But this was just as much about the person Phelps had become as an adult. The one who spent 45 days at an inpatient addiction treatment facility in late 2014 after his second DUI arrest. The one who is rebuilding his relationship with his father, whom he hadnt talked to regularly for decades. The one who finally stopped stiff-arming the people who cared about him most whenever they suggested he needed to grow up and change. And the one who is embracing the final chapter of his swimming career and allowing himself to feel all those emotions he for so long tried to shove away.Its just where Im at in life, Phelps explained later. Things are probably going to hit me a lot more emotionally now than what they would have in the past because Im enjoying and embracing the moment.This week, every time he has walked into CenturyLink Center for finals, Phelps says he has felt chills. They were there Sunday night when he raised his hands high above his head to cheer for teammate and gd friend Chase Kalisz in the 400-meter individual medley. They were there a day later when he did the same for Allison Schmitt, who lives with him and his fiancé in Arizona. And they were there Tuesday and Wednesday when he was the one diving into the water.Wednesday, when he competed in his first final at these trials, it was fitting in a way that he and the other seven finalists in the 200 fly paraded onto the pl deck to Mark Morrisons Return of the Mack. A few minutes later, he was returning to the Olympics. When it was over, Phelps hung on the lane line and signaled No. 5 with his hand.In the stands, his fiancé, Nicole Johnson, bobbed up and down with their 7-week-old baby, Bmer, in his arms, the boys ears covered in red, white and blue stars-and-stripes headphones. To their left, Michaels mother, Debbie, frantically cheered. And four seats down the row, Michaels father, Fred, clapped in proud approval. And then there was his sister Hillary, newly married. This is what mattered most, a group unlike any other that had cheered for him in any of his previous four trials. From his future wife and son to his father, whom he was barely talking to during the Beijing and London Olympics, one night after meeting Bmer for the first time.Its just really gd to have kind of the whole family here, Phelps said later. Everybody frm my mom to Nicole to my father and Bmer.dddddddddddd Having them all here to support me, together -- its just amazing. Phelps said Bmer had managed to stay awake for most of his dads race. After receiving his medal, he walked over to where his family was sitting, handed his championship flowers to Nicole and leaned in to give Bmer a kiss.I just wanted to share that with them, he said. Its just special being able to have Nicole and Is first born being part of this journey that we are on right now.Phelps wasnt thrilled with his time Wednesday night. It was the fifth-fastest time in the world this year and almost two seconds off his top time from 2015. But all that mattered was finishing the race with a 1 or 2 next to his name and earning one of those 26 spots on the U.S. team. For the fifth time. Its a stunning accomplishment, really. Consider that the main story line from here this week has been the changing of the guard, with 19 of the 27 swimmers who have made the team so far heading to their first Olympics. Digging deeper, of the nine reigning Olympic gold medalists from London who are competing at trials, four of them have thus far failed to make the 2016 team in that same event. And yet Phelps just qualified for his fifth consecutive Olympics. On the eve of his 31st birthday. At a time when the average age of the 13 potential U.S. men to make the team before him was 23.2.Back in 2000, after making the team in the 200 fly, Phelps coach Bob Bowman said the post-race news conference was filled with questions like, Do you have a girlfriend? and Have you kissed her? Now the questions are about fatherhd. And legacy. Weve progressed in subject matter over the 16 years, Bowman joked Wednesday night.Thursday, Phelps will celebrate his birthday by swimming in the prelims and likely semifinals of the 200-meter individual medley, another event in which he had the top time in the world in 2015. Depending on when he gets out of the arena, there might be a dinner with family and friends, but for the most part the celebrating will be muted. Between now and when trials end Sunday, there will be no days off. Every session Ill be going, Ill be firing.Phelps has made a career out of refusing to discuss his end-of-season goals and this, his final year, has been no different. But after his victory Wednesday night, he hinted at what might be in store for Rio. Its a jaw dropper. Phelps suggested that hed like to get one more personal best before he retires, something he hasnt done since world championships in 2009, the last major international meet with speed-inducing tech suits.Its been a hell of a long time since Ive had a best time, Phelps said. Hopefully I can get one more in the last four weeks or so, here or there.With everything that hell be facing in and out of the water, it wont be easy in Rio. Especially in the 200 fly, the race that has meant so much to him all these years.This 200 fly that will happen in the next couple weeks, he said, will be harder than any 200 fly Ive ever done. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 88 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen