with a sprained left ankle. Stevens said they wou

in Bewerbung 23.05.2019 13:33
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- Washington Nationals left fielder Bryce Harper was out of the lineup Saturday for a second consecutive game after having an ingrown toenail removed, while right fielder Jayson Werth went on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right hamstring. As expected, Werths roster spot was taken by outfielder Eury Perez, who was recalled from Triple-A Syracuse before Washington hosted the Chicago Cubs on Saturday. Harper had a procedure on his big toe Friday and sat out that nights game; he tweeted a photo of his bldy toe and a piece of nail that was pulled from it. Nationals manager Davey Johnson originally said he expected Harper back in the lineup Saturday, but the toe was still tender. Tyler Mre started in left field Saturday, with Roger Bernadina in right. Werths stint on the DL is retroactive to May 3. He is batting .260 with four homers and 10 RBIs this season. The team had hoped to avoid sidelining Werth for 15 days, but his troublesome hamstring didnt heal right away. "Its a mysterious thing thats going on. I dont know. I mean, our trainer doesnt know. Our doctors -- Im not sure they know, either," Johnson said. After Friday nights 7-3 victory over Chicago, Werth said: "Its one of those things I feel bad; the team has been playing with 24 guys for over a week now. We feel like were close and I feel like its really not that severe. But its one of those things you go out there with the way it is, and you might make it severe pretty quickly. Erring on the side of caution, but at the same time at this point I think its necessary (to go on the DL)." Perez was hitting .346 with seven steals and 17 runs in 23 games at Syracuse this season. Johnson was asked what Perezs role will be in Washington, and the manager replied: "I dont know what Im going to do. He just got here. Well see if he can hit major league pitching." Perez appeared in 13 games for Washington in 2012, going 1 for 5 at the plate. "I thought last year, at times, he felt out over his skis, and thats inexperience," Johnson said. "I think hes going to feel more comfortable being here."Air Jordan 1 Uk Clearance . What general manager Dave Nonis called "short and productive" negotiations ended with Kessel signing a US$64-million, eight-year contract on Tuesday. Cheap Air Jordan 1 Uk . -- Al Jefferson found a grve just in time for the Charlotte Bobcats. http://www.airjordan1uk.com/ .1 million pounds ($61.2 million) on Saturday, giving the beleaguered English Premier League champions a major lift. Wholesale Air Jordan 1 . Jeff Green scored 13 points and Kris Humphries 12 for the Celtics, who nearly blew an 18-point, second-half lead. Sullingers 20-20 was the first by a Celtics player since Kevin Garnetts first game in Boston in 2007. Garnett was dealt -- along with Paul Pierce -- to Brklyn during the off-season. Cheap Air Jordan 1 Free Shipping . Vettel, who has already clinched his fourth straight F1 title, enters the finale with a chance to equal Michael Schumachers 13 victories in a year and match the record of nine consecutive wins by Alberto Ascari in the 1952 and 1953 seasons.BOSTON -- Kevin Durant deflected a Boston pass, tipped it ahead to Stephen Curry and ran to the basket to finish off an alley-p.The next time down, Curry stole the ball and pulled up for a 3-pointer.What had been a seven-point Golden State halftime lead was now a 22-point blowout. And the fans who bed Durant before the game for spurning their city were turning against their own team.That was incredible to start the half off that way, forward Draymond Green said after the Warriors went on a 24-3 run to start the third quarter and held on for a 104-88 victory over Boston on Friday night. That was amazing.Klay Thompson scored 28 points, Durant had 23 points and 10 rebounds and the Warriors scored 18 in a row in the third quarter to blow the game open. Curry had just 16 points -- his second-fewest of the season -- while sitting out much of the fourth as Golden State held on for its sixth straight victory.Theyre really gd, and we all know that. But you just cant have droughts against them, Celtics coach Brad Stevens said. They can make it a landslide quickly. Going six straight possessions without scoring, that just crushes you.The Celtics signed Al Horford over the summer and courted Durant, t, even bringing along Patriots quarterback Tom Brady to meet with the free agent in the Hamptons. But they were unable to land the former Oklahoma City star, and the Boston fans remembered.Durant was greeted with loud bs before the game and often when he touched the ball.Its just the beer talking, Golden State coach Steve Kerr said.They come to enjoy the show. Theres no hard feelings, Durant said. Ive still got love for Boston, I still love playing here. You have one of the best crowds in the league. Thats what theyre supposed to do.Avery Bradley had 17 points and 10 rebounds and Isaiah Thomas scored a season-low 18 for Boston, which challenged the Warriors last season while they were on their way to a record-breaking 73-9 regular season. After losing in double overtime in Boston, the Celtics beat the Warriors on April 1 to hand them their first home loss of the season.ddddddddddddBut this one was over during a third quarter in which Golden State outscored the home team 31-9. Boston shot 2 for 17 in the period and turned the ball over five times.THE RUNThomas hit a 3-pointer early in the third quarter to make it a 10-point game, but the Warriors scored the next 18 points. They made it 86-57 at the end of the third and opened a 30-point lead in the fourth.I guess we just gave up, coaching staff as well, Thomas said. We started subbing. It was bad. Especially ... I only played 27 minutes. We gave up.THE `COMEBACKBoston chipped it down to 11 points in the final 90 seconds. But Curry, who had re-entered the game midway through the fourth, hit a 3-pointer, Jaylen Brown missed one for Boston, and then Curry added a finger roll to clinch it.Curry shot 7 for 20 in all, making just 2 of 10 attempts from 3-point range. It was the second time this season he has been held under 20 points.TIP-INSWarriors: Golden State had 30 or more assists for the sixth straight game and the eighth time this season. ... Durant tk out referee Lauren Holtkamp and a TV cameraman under the basket late in the third quarter and nearly wound up in the lap of a woman sitting in the front row. ... Zaza Pachulia had 12 rebounds and Green had eight rebounds and eight assists.Celtics: Horford missed his ninth straight game with a concussion, but he sat on the bench during the game. Jae Crowder missed his eighth straight game with a sprained left ankle. Stevens said they would both join the team on the flight to Detroit after the game. ... Rkie Jaylen Brown was called for a technical in the second quarter for an unnatural act when he kicked his leg out and catching Andre Iguodala between the legs.UP NEXTWarriors: Visit the Milwaukee Bucks on Saturday for the third game of a four-game trip.Celtics: Visit the Pistons on Saturday. Boston leads Detroit by a half-game in the Eastern Conference standings. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 435 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen