rthwestern State: Mondays contest in Starkville co

in Bewerbung 19.05.2019 09:15
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

Jose Mourinho described Manchester United as the unluckiest team in the Premier League after their 1-1 draw with Arsenal, but do the stats back him up?Juan Matas second-half goal appeared to be sending United to a well-deserved victory at Old Trafford on Saturday, only for Olivier Giroud to pull Arsenal level with their only shot on target.It was a bitter blow for United, who dominated the game for long periods, and it prompted Mourinho to rue his sides misfortune. I am really happy with the team, but at the moment I consider us the unluckiest team in the Premier League because it is the reality, he told Sky Sports. If you analyse the last three matches. Against Stoke we have to win 5-0 or 6-0 and we draw. Against Burnley we have to win 5-0 or 6-0 and we draw and today we have to win 2-0 or 3-0 and we draw.So does Mourinho have a point? Or is he making excuses? From key decisions to hitting the wdwork, we examine the evidence…Refereeing decisionsMourinho rarely bites his tongue when it comes to decisions going against his side and this season there have been a number of flashpoints. The United boss was angered by two decisions during the Manchester derby defeat to City back in September. Claudio Bravo challenges Wayne Rney during the Manchester derby First, there was Claudio Bravos lunge on Wayne Rney, then an Antonio Valencia cross struck Nicolas Otamendi on the elbow. Mourinho criticised Mark Clattenburg for failing to award penalties in both cases. Former referee Dermot Gallagher agreed with Mourinho about the Bravo incident in his weekly column for Sky Sports, but he felt Clattenburg was right to overlk the Otamendi incident.In Uniteds following game against Watford, they conceded the opening goal after Anthony Martial was robustly dispossessed by Miguel Britos. Mourinho described the decision to let play continue as ridiculous, while Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville said the Watford defender had kicked through his left leg to get the ball. PL contenders highs and lows We examine each of the title contenders highs and lows so far this season. Clattenburg enraged Mourinho again when he didnt award United a penalty after Matteo Darmian went down following a clash with Jon Flanagan in their 0-0 draw with Burnley last month. Mourinho was handed a one-game ban for his furious reaction, but replays showed the contact was minimal. Nacho Monreal tangled with Antonio Valencia in Saturdays game There was another penalty incident against Arsenal, with Valencia going to ground after Nacho Monreal raised an arm across his body. Mourinho chose not to criticise Andre Marriner over the incident, but it was a decision which could have gone either way. Man Utd 1-1 Arsenal While Manchester City, Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpl have all been awarded at least four penalties this season, United have only had one. But while there have been a number of decisions to irk Mourinho, they have not all been quite as clear-cut as he might tell you. And on the other hand, they have only had one penalty awarded against them. Penalties won and conceded - Premier League 2016/17 Team Penalties won Team Penalties conceded Manchester City 5 Hull 6 Arsenal 4 Southampton 4 Liverpl 4 West Ham 4 Tottenham 4 Arsenal 3 Crystal Palace 3 Bournemouth 3 Leicester 3 Everton 3 Sunderland 3 Swansea 3 - - - - Manchester Utd 1 Manchester Utd 1 Injury count?One area in which United have undoubtedly been unfortunate is injuries. Defensive issues forced Mourinho to field a makeshift back four against Arsenal on Saturday, and it was not the first time this season that his options have been depleted. Manchester United have lost Eric Bailly to injury this season In fact, according to PhysioRm.com, United have racked up the second-highest total of injuries this season with 27. Only relegation battlers Sunderland have suffered more (30). Most injuries - Premier League 2016/17 Team Injuries Sunderland 30 Manchester United 27 Liverpl 24 Tottenham 22 Leicester 21 Manchester City 20 Arsenal 19 Crystal Palace 19 Southampton 19 Watford 19 West Ham 19 Goalkeeping heroics?Manchester Uniteds shot conversion rate of 11.6 per cent is the fifth-lowest in the Premier League. Its partly down to wasteful finishing, but they have also had the misfortune of facing goalkeepers in the form of their lives. Tom Heaton pulled off a string of impressive saves against Manchester United Stoke shot-stopper Lee Grant rescued the Potters with eight saves in their 1-1 draw at Old Trafford, while Tom Heatons performance in the 0-0 draw with Burnley was even better. The 30-year-old made 11 saves in total, including one described as one of the best in Premier League history by Peter Schmeichel. Bad luck or bad finishing? Manchester United have had 74 shots to their opponents 19 in the last three Premier League games at Old Trafford, yet the aggregate score is 2-2. In total, opposition goalkeepers have made 49 saves against Manchester United this season, a far higher total than the Premier League average of 34. Its not just a question of bad luck, but its certainly been a factor.Hitting the wdworkFtball is a game of fine margins and there are few things more frustrating than seeing your sides shots come back off the wdwork. United have rattled the frame of the goal five times in total - including twice each in their draws with Stoke and Burnley.You could call it bad luck, but its nothing compared to Bournemouth, who have been denied by the wdwork 13 times in total. In fact, six Premier League sides have hit the wdwork more times than United. Most times hit wdwork - Premier League 2016/17 Team Hit wdwork Bournemouth 13 Arsenal 7 Manchester City 7 Tottenham 7 Liverpl 6 Stoke 6 Manchester United 5 Southampton 5 Late goals?Girouds equaliser on Saturday was the fourth time United have conceded in the 80th minute or later this season, putting them comfortably above the Premier League average of 2.5 late goals per side.It happened twice in Uniteds 3-1 defeat to Watford back in September and it also happened with Joe Allens late leveller for Stoke last month. Add Girouds equaliser and United would be five points better off had they managed to hold on in those games. But while Mourinho might call it bad luck, it also raises questions over complacency. Olivier Girouds equaliser was the fourth late goal Manchester United have conceded in the Premier League this season So while the evidence suggests United have indeed had their share of bad luck, particularly with injuries and goalkeeping heroics, there are clearly numerous other factors at play.Mourinho will be hoping things fall into place in the weeks ahead, but United are not the only side to have been hit by misfortune, and their prospects of turning things around are dependent on more than just a change of luck.Upgrade to Sky Sports now and get 12 months half price. Hurry, offer ends December 4th!Also SeeL contenders highs and lowsJose: Utds unluckiest teammsaleuk.com/" target="_blank">Nike Zm UK From China .5 seconds to play in the game, Kevin Love never stopped believing that they would come out of there with a win. msaleuk.com/" target="_blank">Nike Zm UK Outlet . Bryant, who signed a five-year, $34 million contract as a free agent with Cleveland in March, reported symptoms on Monday morning, a team spokesman said. msaleuk.com/" target="_blank">http://www.nikezmsaleuk.com/ . Spiller left Week 3s 27-20 loss to the New York Jets with a thigh injury, but fully practiced with the team all week and expects to be ready to go on Sunday. msaleuk.com/" target="_blank">Cheap Nike Zm UK Online .Y. -- Syracuse has turned up the defence at the right time all season, and when High Point threatened to pull off a monumental upset the second-ranked Orange did what they do best with their quick hands and savvy play. msaleuk.com/" target="_blank">Wholesale Nike Shoes UK . It was Kerbers third final of the year after losing to Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia in Monterrey in April and to Petra Kvitova of Czech Republic in Tokyo two weeks ago. The 10th-ranked German improved her record in finals to 3-5.STARKVILLE, Miss. -- I.J. Ready had 14 and Aric Holman added 13 to lead Mississippi State to a 65-59 win over Northwestern State on Monday night.Ready and Holman combined for 10 of the Bulldogs last 12 points. Northwestern States Zeek Wdley made 5 of 9 on 3-point attempts, and finished with 28 points.Readys two free throws put Mississippi State up 55-54 with 4:05 remaining in the second half and the Bulldogs never trailed again.I am really happy we got the win and we were obviously short-handed tonight, said Mississippi State head coach Ben Howland. We started out in a zone because I was worried about getting in foul trouble. We didnt sht the ball well either and you never expect Tyson (Carter) to go 0 of 7 (on three pointers). But I am proud of the way Eli Wright defended and rebounded and we just hope to get healthier.In his first college start, Wright scored a career-best 11 points and also led the Bulldogs with seven rebounds.Right before the game Coach Howland came to me and told me I would be starting, said Wright, who was 4 of 5 from the field. I was glad to take advantage of the chance they gave me. I did okay but I couldve been more aggressive. Coach Howland told me to key on my rebounding so I have tried to progress on that.The Demons jumped out to a 14-4 lead in the first six minutes as both teams struggled offensively in the first half. Mississippi State responded with an 18-6 run to take a 22-20 lead after a dunk by Tyson Carter.The first half finished with the Bulldogs and Demons deadlocked at 28-28. Mississippi State shot 40 percent and missed all nine three-pointt attempts in the first half.dddddddddddd.For the game, Northwestern State shot 38.9 percent from the field and made 9 of 21 three pointers. The Demons also out-rebounded Mississippi State 33-31.I am really proud of our kids coming in and competing against a bigger and quicker team, said Northwestern State head coach Mike McConathy. Our Achilles heel was our turnovers and they got 26 points off our (19) turnovers.Mississippi State has 13 turnovers and shot 46.2 percent for the game. The Bulldogs made just 2 of 15 three points and made 15 of 20 free throws.BIG PICTUREMississippi State: Already without leading scorer Quinndary Weatherspn, the Bulldogs were also missing freshman Lamar Peters on Monday. That resulted in Eli Wrights first career start while walk-on guard Nick Singleton also received his most significant minutes of the year. Singleton finished with five points, his first points of the season.Northwestern State: Mondays contest in Starkville continued the Demons tough non-conference slate, particularly against the SEC. The Demons opened the season against Texas A&M and then faced Oklahoma. The Demons have also faced Missouri this season and have now lost all three outings against the SEC this season.UP NEXTMississippi State: The Bulldogs continue their five-game homestand on Thursday against Oregon State. It will mark the Beavers first time to play at Humphrey Coliseum.Northwestern State: The Demons return home Thursday against LSU-Shreveport. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 317 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen