lympic long jump champion and now a sen

in Bewerbung 16.05.2019 13:04
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

STANFORD, Calif. -- Reid Travis scored 15 of his 19 points in the first half and Stanford made coach Jerod Haase a winner in his home debut with a 96-69 victory over Cal State Northridge on Tuesday night.Haase, who began his college playing career at Bay Area rival Cal, came to Stanford after four seasons as coach at Alabama-Birmingham. He replaced Johnny Dawkins, who got Stanford to the NCAA Tournament just once in eight seasons.It means everything to give him a win, Travis said, especially all the work weve put in, just building that relationship with him and the coaching staff.Haase called the experience awesome.Had a blast. The thing that continues to stand out in my mind is how much I enjoy coaching these guys, he said. Theyre so willing to learn and do what we ask of them.Travis missed the final 22 games of last season with a stress fracture in his leg but has come out of the blocks fast. He had career highs of 24 points and 17 rebounds in the Cardinals opening win over Harvard on Friday in Shanghai, China.Against CSUN, the 6-ft-8 junior made 6 of 9 shots from the field and converted 7 of 10 free throws, a big improvement from his 10-for-19 effort at the foul line vs. Harvard.Travis also showed the kind of hustle Haase was known for during his playing days at Cal and Kansas when he knocked over a half-dozen seats on the baseline while scrambling for a lse ball.Its definitely what he tries to instill to us, Travis said of the hustle. Toughness is one of our standards. When we get on the court, its full speed ahead.Marcus Sheffield added 17 points, Josh Sharma scored a career-high 15 and Dorian Pickens had 14 for Stanford (2-0).CSUN coach Reggie Theus said 20 turnovers were more than his team could overcome.We did a pr job of handling the double teams early in the game. That really got us off in the wrong direction, said Theus, adding that the Matadors defense was sporadic. A lot of times when things are not going well offensively, your defense suffers. Thats the mark of a team still trying to become a gd team.Kendall Smith, who grew up an hour away from the Stanford campus, scored 17 points to lead CSUN (1-2).BIG PICTURECSUN: On the heels of an encouraging performance in a 102-87 loss at No. 16 UCLA -- a game that featured 14 lead changes -- the Matadors gave the ball away 20 times and were outscored 28-5 off turnovers.Stanford: The Cardinal made the long trek back from Shanghai, where it opened its season with an 80-70 win over Harvard, and showed little travel hangover. The Cardinal led by as many as 18 points in the first half and was up 31 points with less than 8 minutes left in the game.STAT OF THE NIGHT: Stanford was last in the Pac-12 last season in both 3-point percentage (.320) and 3-pointers made (.172) and was a quiet 1-for-6 from the arc against Harvard in its opener. But the Cardinal made eight of its first 12 shots from 3-point range and finished 9-for-16 against CSUN. Six different players made at least one, led by Sheffield, who was 3 for 4.UP NEXTCSUN returns home to play Saturday against Northern Illinois, which puts its 2-0 record on the line Wednesday against Idaho before heading to California.Stanford continues its three-game, weeklong home stand Thursday against Weber State, which dropped to 1-1 after a 69-68 loss at Pepperdine on Tuesday. Stanford better enjoy the home cking while it can because it hits the road again for a Thanksgiving week tournament in Orlando, Florida beginning with a matchup vs. Miami on Nov. 24.Sale Nike NFL Jerseys From China .com) - Christian Ponder will get another chance to prove himself for the Minnesota Vikings, with head coach Leslie Frazier announcing Wednesday that the struggling quarterback will start this weekends game against the Green Bay Packers. Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap . P.A. Parenteau scored early in the third period to help the Avs edge Toronto 2-1 on Tuesday night. Cory Sarich also scored for Colorado (3-0-0), which is off to its best ever start. http://www.cheapnflnikejerseyschina.com/ . As he recorded his 23rd and 24th points of the evening, a segment of the sellout Air Canada Centre crowd expressed their appreciation for the Raptors point guard with a smattering of MVP chants. China NFL Jerseys . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. NFL Jerseys Cheap . PETERSBURG, Fla.RIO DE JANEIRO -- Darya Klishinas one-woman show at the Olympics is over.The only Russian allowed to participate in track and field at the Rio de Janeiro Games finished ninth in the long jump on Wednesday, leaving her country without an Olympic medal in the sport for the first time since it started competing independently in 1996 following the collapse of the Soviet Union.Klishinas best jump of 6.63 meters was six centimeters short of putting her in the last stage of the competition with the top eight finishers.I cant say Im happy with my result, but Im trying to stay positive, said Klishina, a former European indr champion. The last week and a half before the competition was a total disaster and I think I didnt quite have enough today.Although Russia was suspended by the sports governing body amid investigations into state-sanctioned doping, the 25-year-old Klishina was given an exemption because she has been based in the United States and has undergone drug testing there. But the IAAF tried to backtrack because they said there were signs of interference with three samples Klishina gave in Russia in 2013 and 2014.Klishina appealed her case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport and won. She was reinstated early Monday, the day before preliminaries in her event.I was worried. I tried to understand what the IAAF was trying to charge me with, Klishina said. Our arguments were stronger. We won the case, so I dont havee anything to do with it.dddddddddddd.Russians won 17 medals in track and field at the 2012 Olympics, but two of those have already been stripped because of doping.Unlike Russian swimmer Yulia Efimova, who was widely bed at the pl last week over her previous doping ban, Klishina received a polite reception from the crowd at the Olympic Stadium, with some cheers when she was introduced.Some Russians were angered by Klishinas decision to compete while the rest of Russias track team was banned, with social media users comparing her to World War II-era collaborators. But she received support from many of her teammates.Tatyana Lebedeva, the 2004 Olympic long jump champion and now a senator in Russia, was in the crowd Wednesday after urging Klishina in a video address: Dont fear anyone. Tear them all apart.In the end, though, Klishina didnt improve on the 6.64 meters she jumped to qualify for the final on Tuesday.Americans ended up with gold and silver, with Tianna Bartoletta winning with a personal best leap of 7.17 and 2012 Olympic champion Brittney Reese finishing second at 7.15. Ivana Spanovic of Serbia won bronze.We cant control the IAAF or the doping things. We just have to focus on ourselves, Reese said. We all know Daryas a great competitor and in my opinion she deserves to be here. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 521 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen