in the 200-meter race at the 1968 Olympics. Both then appe

in Bewerbung 16.05.2019 13:04
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

DETROIT -- Mike Pelfrey described his performance as terrible over and over in a harsh postgame assessment that few would disagree with.Pelfrey allowed four runs in the first inning and didnt make it out of the second Saturday night, putting the Detroit Tigers in an early hole in their 8-4 loss to the Kansas City Royals.I felt like Id never thrown the ball before. That was embarrassing, Pelfrey said. I didnt have any idea where the ball was going, as everyone could probably tell.Ian Kinsler homered for Detroit, but the Tigers were facing a significant deficit before they even came up to bat for the first time. Pelfrey (2-9) allowed five runs, four hits and four walks in 1 2/3 innings.I was terrible. Didnt get ahead, and half the guys I faced either got walks or hits. I was terrible, Pelfrey said. This games on me. I put the bullpen in a bad spot, I put the offense in a bad spot, and I take full responsibility for it. I was terrible. I got what I deserved.Salvador Perez singled, doubled, scored a run and drew two of Kansas Citys seven walks. Every hitter in the Royals lineup scored exactly once except right fielder Paulo Orlando.Danny Duffy (5-1) allowed four runs and six hits in 6 1/3 innings for Kansas City. He struck out seven and walked one.Pelfrey actually retired the first batter of the game, but the next six Kansas City hitters reached base. Alex Gordon opened the scoring with a bases-loaded single, and Pelfrey then hit Orlando to force in another run. Cheslor Cuthberts RBI single made it 3-0, and Christian Colon brought home another run with a groundout.After allowing a single and two walks in the second, Pelfrey was pulled with the bases loaded and two outs. Reliever Dustin Molleken immediately threw a wild pitch that made it 5-1.We were hoping to get some momentum after winning yesterday in our first game back, but the expression is that momentum is your next starting pitcher and Pelf just had an off day, Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said.Kinslers two-run homer in the third cut the lead in half, but the Royals added three more runs in the fifth on RBI singles by Colon, Jarrod Dyson and Eric Hosmer.Royals closer Wade Davis pitched a perfect ninth inning in his return from a strained forearm. Davis was activated from the disabled list before the game, and Kansas City went ahead and used him in a non-save situation.WAITING HIM OUTThe Royals arent a team that walks much, but they adjusted when it became clear Pelfrey was having control problems.We put in some gd at-bats there in the first inning, Hosmer said. A lot of guys toned down the aggressiveness a little bit, wanted to see some pitches.TRANSACTIONThe Tigers optioned OF Steven Moya to Triple-A Toledo after the game. Theyll have OF Justin Upton back from the bereavement list for Sundays game against Kansas City.TRAINERS RMRoyals: Davis hadnt pitched since June 30. ... Manager Ned Yost said OF Lorenzo Cain (left hamstring strain) might go out on a rehab assignment next week.Tigers: LHP Daniel Norris (right oblique strain) is expected to begin rehab work with Toledo next week. ... RHP Jordan Zimmermann (right neck strain) said hell probably throw a bullpen session Monday.UP NEXTRoyals: RHP Yordano Ventura (6-7) takes the mound in the series finale Sunday. Hes 6-0 with a 3.27 ERA in his career against the Tigers.Tigers: Rkie RHP Michael Fulmer (9-2) tries for his 10th consecutive start allowing one earned run or fewer.---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtristermsalecanada.com/" target="_blank">Cheap Nike Running Shoes Canada . Didier Drogba gave away the penalty that put Senegal one goal away from a major upset, but the veteran striker will get another chance -- probably his last -- at the World Cup after Salomon Kalous injury-time strike sealed the Ivorians place in Brazil next year. msalecanada.com/" target="_blank">Nike Zm Canada Outlet . Durant finished with 24 points and 13 rebounds, Jackson matched his career high with 23 points on 10-of-14 shting and Lamb scored 12 points on 5-of-7 shting, lifting the Thunder to a 94-88 win over San Antonio and snapping the Spurs 11-game winning streak. msalecanada.com/" target="_blank">http://www.nikezmsalecanada.com/ . It just didnt show when he hit the ice. Berra made 42 saves and Kris Russell scored at 12 of overtime, lifting the Calgary Flames to a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday night. msalecanada.com/" target="_blank">Nike Zm Canada Shoes From China .ca lks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. msalecanada.com/" target="_blank">Cheap Nike Zm Canada Free Shipping . Parker had 26 points and eight assists and San Antonio beat Toronto 112-99 Monday night. "We won that game because of Tony Parkers aggressiveness," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "His juice; his aggression all night long.Opening day in the NFL saw Kansas City cornerback Marcus Peters raise a black-gloved fist during the national anthem, a protest amplified later Sunday when four Miami Dolphins kneeled on the sideline with hands on their hearts as The Star Spangled Banner played in Seattle.The protests were inspired by San Francisco backup quarterback Colin Kaepernick , the first NFL player who chose to sit and take a knee during the anthem in preseason games to call attention to what he termed the oppression of blacks and other minorities.I chose to get involved to see if I could create change, raise awareness. And I want to make it clear that there is no disrespect to the military or to police officers -- Im not about that. I love everyone, said Miamis Jelani Jenkins, one of the Dolphins to kneel. I would like to keep moving forward in the right direction with everybody: equal rights, equal opportunity. From my position, it doesnt seem that its happening. Thats why I tk a stand.The Dolphins got support from one very important person -- their boss, team owner Stephen Ross.I dont think it was any lack of respect, Ross said. I think everybody here, our team and our whole organization, respects the flag and what it stands for, the soldiers and everything. These guys are really making a conversation of something thats a very important topic in this country and Im 100 percent supportive of them.Peters gesture was the only one visible throughout the early games Sunday, as the anthems tk on more significance because of the 15th anniversary of Sept. 11 attacks.I come from a majority black community from Oakland, California ... so the struggle, I seen it, Peters said after the Chiefs beat San Diego 33-27 in overtime. I still have some family in the struggle. All Im saying is we want to educate those, the youth thats coming up.The four Miami players -- Arian Foster, Michael Thomas, Jenkins and Kenny Stills -- registered their protest shortly before kickoff. The four players std while President Barack Obamas message played regarding the 15th anniversary of 9/11 before taking a knee . All four std at the conclusion of the anthem.If its about the knee that people are upset about, every Sunday people of faith take a knee to give thanks to their lord and savior, whatever faith or religion that they are, Foster said. Its not about a knee, its not about the (symbolism), its about the message. They say its not the time to do this, but when is the time?Several teams, including the Chiefs and Seahawks, saw their players link arms during the aanthem.dddddddddddd Peters, the 2015 defensive rkie of the year, was the last person in the Chiefs line and had his arm free to raise it.He spoke up about something he felt he needed to speak up about, Peters said last week. I salute him for that.Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall , a teammate of Kaepernicks in college at Nevada, tk a knee during the anthem on Thursday night.NFL commissioner Roger Gdell weighed in on Kaepernicks protest last week as well, saying, I dont necessarily agree with what hes doing.Seattles locker rm was engaged in a lengthy discussion over the past few weeks about what type of message to send. The players enlisted coach Pete Carroll in the discussions almost from the start, and brought Dr. Harry Edwards to help direct the conversations.Gestures mean nothing without follow through. Thats what Harry Edwards said and thats what I agree with, Seattle cornerback Richard Sherman said. People get confused that you have to go out there and put on a show and make this gesture and make people aware of it, and were more about action.Wide receiver Doug Baldwin, who became a default spokesman for Seattles actions, said the players are working to schedule a meeting with the mayor of Seattle and local law enforcement.We know that there has to be change and progress, Baldwin said. Change is inevitable. Change will always happen. But you got to apply direction to change, and thats when its progress. And so right now what were doing as a team, we have a follow through.A taped message from Presidents Obama and George W. Bush were played at each stadium. Bush attended the Giants-Cowboys match in Arlington, Texas, while Vice President Joe Biden was in Philadelphia for Browns-Eagles.Peters gesture was also a tribute of sorts to U.S. sprinters Tommie Smith and John Carlos, who won the gold and bronze medals, respectively, in the 200-meter race at the 1968 Olympics. Both then appeared on the medal stands with raised, black-gloved fists throughout the U.S. national anthem in what they called a human rights salute.And in the night game, New Englands Martellus Bennett and Devin McCourty both held up their right arms. Teammate Danny Amendola was seen clutching the American flag unfurled on the field in Arizona.The International Olympic Committee ordered Smith and Carlos expelled from the games because of the protest.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 391 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen