issed about six weeks earlier in the season with torn meniscus in his right knee, so Tuesday was only the 23rd game he had playe

in Bewerbung 15.05.2019 01:29
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

CRANBERRY TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- Matt Murrays broken right hand doesnt hurt in general. Just when the Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender tries to get a firm grasp on his stick.And thats kind of the problem. While the ligament Murray busted diving across the crease while with Team North American in the World Cup of Hockey wont keep him out long-term, for the 23-year-old coming off a Stanley Cup victory, any little setback is tough to take.I was really shocked, Murray said on Monday. Its happened to me before where you jam your thumb ... (usually) it turns out to be a contusion type of thing, a bone bruise. Thats what I thought. I thought it was minor.In the grand scheme of things, it is. And if theres any time a player can miss three to six weeks, its during training camp and the early portion of a regular season that stretches on for more than six months. That doesnt mean Murray has to like it.It kind of sucks not knowing because I dont feel that bad to be honest, Murray said. Its a bit of a weird thing.A thing that will delay what is the most interesting subplot heading into 2016-17: who will serve as the teams No. 1 goaltender. Murray played capably while backstopping the Penguins to their fourth championship while veteran Marc-Andre Fleury watched even after recovering from a late-season concussion.Coach Mike Sullivan has remained diplomatic entering camp, saying both will get a chance to play extensively. Fleury will start in the exhibition opener on Tuesday in Chicago while Murray waits for his hand to heal. Patience is not one of his virtues.Obviously I want to play but you dont want to push yourself t early and reaggravate it, Murray said. I really dont know. Ive never had an injury to the ligament. Its hard to tell.Air Max 97 Oferta . Here are his mid-season NBA awards. MVP: (KEVIN DURANT-Thunder) - Has been sensational this season and more importantly, the most consistent player in the league. Considering that his team has been without star guard Russell Westbrk and with the free agent departure of sharpshter Kevin Martin, hes had to carry the majority of the load to not only keep his team afloat but more importantly, at an elite level. Air Max 97 Rebajas . On June 12, just as the sun sets on the magnificent historical city of Sao Paulo the inventors, innovators and purveyors of “joga bonitowill” open their campaign. The opponent, Croatia and all its ftball might and will. As opposites do attract we are set for a corker of an opener. http://www.airmax97baratasespana.es/ . To the surprise of many, it isnt the Wolverines but their in-state rivals the Michigan State Spartans. Air Max 97 Outlet España . Inter president Erick Thohir says in a club statement on Wednesday that Vidic is "one of the worlds best defenders and his qualities, international pedigree, and charisma will be an asset. Air Max 97 España Baratas .1 million pounds ($61.2 million) on Saturday, giving the beleaguered English Premier League champions a major lift.CLEVELAND -- With their manager feeling better again, the Cleveland Indians returned home, and Thursday night they will begin their longest homestand of the season.Cleveland will play four teams in an 11-game homestand, starting Thursday night with the first game of a four-game series against the Los Angeles Angels.Indians manager Terry Francona is expected to be in the dugout, after experiencing a health scare in Washington, where the Indians lost 7-4 on Wednesday. That was Franconas first game back with the team after missing Tuesdays game due to chest pains.Francona experienced the pains during his pre-game session with the media.I came up to the training rm, and my heart rate was over 100, Francona told MLB.com. Next thing I know, Im hked up to all these monitors and embarrassed. They kind of checked me out, gave me an EKG and everything, and then they sent me back to the hotel.Francona was expected to undergo further tests in Cleveland on Thursday, but barring the unexpected, he will be in the dugout for Thursdays game. Francona will send his ace, Corey Kluber (11-8, 3.22) to the mound against Angels right-hander Jhoulys Chacin (3-7, 5.27).Kluber is the one Cleveland starting pitcher who hasnt been affected by a recent slump that struck the other four pitchers in the rotation. Kluber is coming off an outstanding start in his last appearance, Sunday in New York, when he held the Yankees to two runs and five hits in eight innings of a 5-2 Indians victory. In his last five starts Kluber is 3-0 with a 1.46 ERA while holding opposing batters to a .202 batting average. In his last start vs. the Angels on June 10, he pitched a three-hit complete game 6-22 victory.ddddddddddddChacin will make the start, replacing Tim Lincecum in the rotation, after Lincecum was designated for assignment on Saturday. Thursdays start will be Chacins first since July 1. In eight relief appearances since then he had a 2.55 ERA while holding opposing hitters to a .175 batting average. He has made 15 starts this season, and in those games he was 3-7 with a 5.87 ERA.Chacin will be working with catcher Geovany Soto, who was activated off the disabled list and in his first game back Wednesday went 0-for-3, with a walk, in the Angels 3-1 loss to the Cubs. Soto had been on the disabled list since July 18 with a left knee inflammation. Soto also missed about six weeks earlier in the season with torn meniscus in his right knee, so Tuesday was only the 23rd game he had played with the Angels this year.Geovany, hes a veteran presence and he knows his way around a game, Angels manager Mike Scioscia told MLB.com. Hes great working with pitchers and he still swings the bat well, so were happy to get him back in our lineup. Hopefully hell contribute and give us a little bit of a spark.The Angels could use one. Wednesdays loss to the Cubs was the Angels sixth loss in a row, and they have fallen into last place in the AL West. Cleveland will be the final leg on the Angels nine-game, 10-day, three-city road trip to Seattle, Chicago and Cleveland.The Indians, who lead the AL Central, have won five of their last six meetings with the Angels, and have held them to three runs or less in six of their last eight meetings. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 496 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen