et those two or three yards but definitely we have to make a better effort, consciously, to protect the ball.The Hokies have swi

in Bewerbung 14.05.2019 12:44
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

MIAMI -- Dwyane Wades former locker in the Miami Heat dressing rm is empty. Dozens of photos of him still adorn walls all over the arena, including a giant one that every Heat player passes on their way to the court. And every championship banner that hangs from the rafters is there largely because of his work.For 13 years, AmericanAirlines Arena was his house.For a moment or two on Thursday night, it will be again.Wade is returning to Miami as an opponent for the first time, as the Chicago Bulls -- his new team -- visit Thursday for the only time this season. The building will be jammed, the game will air on national television and the Heat will pay tribute with a highlight video thats certain to elicit some long, loud cheering from fans who never wanted to see him leave.Itll probably be emotional for me, Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said Wednesday. And then well get to competition and thats ultimately what its all about.Wades entire NBA history before July was with Miami, where he was an All-Star 12 times in 13 years. Drafted No. 5 overall in 2003, Wade wound up pairing with Shaquille ONeal to help deliver Miamis first title in 2006 and then lured LeBron James and Chris Bosh to the Heat for what became four trips to the NBA Finals -- and two more titles -- in four seasons.James left in 2014 shortly before Bosh got a $118 million contract from Miami that was negotiated by Henry Thomas, the agent Wade and Bosh shared. That deal left the Heat somewhat limited in what they could pay Wade, and almost they lost him in 2015 before striking a one-year deal for $20 million.No such agreement came last summer, and Wade left.Im not wishing nothing bad on that organization, Wade said Monday in Chicago, his comments reported by ESPN. I have nothing but love for everybody in that organization. And I want them to be successful, just as we all say, just not when they play the Bulls. But besides that I want them to be successful.The Heat put major work into the tribute videos that air when former star players return to Miami for the first time, and Wades will get the same treatment. James was very emotional when he saw his tribute and Mario Chalmers -- the starting point guard on Miamis 2012 and 2013 title teams -- said he was moved by what the Heat did to commemorate his return following a trade to Memphis last year.Its going to be very emotional, that I can say, Chalmers said. With me coming back, I had mixed feelings. The fans welcomed me back, everybody at the arena welcomed me back, but I still had a sour taste in my mouth from how the trade went down ... and Im pretty sure D-Wades going to feel the same way.Wade is Miamis all-time leader in virtually every major statistical category, so far ahead of everyone else on many of those lists that hes assured of being all over the team record bk for probably decades to come. His 525th game in Miami comes with great anticipation; on the secondary resale market, a seat in the highest row of the arena is selling for $41 -- the same seat for a game last week went for $6.Wade has stayed in touch with many around the Heat, with the exception of team president Pat Riley. Wade wasnt sure if they will cross paths on this trip.He has remained extremely close with Udonis Haslem, with whom he shared captaincy in Miami for many years. Hes been in regular contact with Spoelstra, and continues checking in on some of his former teammates as well.Theres no bad bld between him and this organization, Haslem said. Hes had a great, great career here. Hes had so much success -- weve had so much success. For whatever reason, the time came where we separated.Wade has said many times since deciding to go play for his hometown Bulls that he will forever be appreciative of his time with the Heat and their fans. Hell want to win Thursday very badly, and for the first time in 14 years, the 20,000 fans will want to see him lose.Hell handle it fine, Spoelstra said. Hes as gd as anybody Ive ever been around at compartmentalizing and knowing when to keep emotions where they need to be.Nike Blazer Low Mens Sale . Jason Zucker and Matt Cke also scored for Minnesota, which has won five of six. Kuemper made five saves in the first, nine in the second, and nine in the third. The rkies best save came with 2:17 left in the third period when he denied former Wild forward Matt Cullen from just outside of the crease on the right side. Nike Blazer Low Womens Sale .B. -- The Baie-Comeau Drakkar tk over sole possession of first place atop the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League on Thursday with their sixth straight win. http://www.cheapblazershoes.com/blazer-shoes-mid-cheap/blazer-mid-premium.html . Spiller left Week 3s 27-20 loss to the New York Jets with a thigh injury, but fully practiced with the team all week and expects to be ready to go on Sunday. Blazers Wholesale China . -- Jimmy Walkers first PGA Tour trophy came with a special gift tucked inside. Nike Blazer Low Le Black . -- Jakob Silfverberg is making himself right at home with the Anaheim Ducks, scoring four goals in his first four games.Justin Fuente doesnt seem to be hitting the panic button just yet after nine Virginia Tech fumbles in the first two games, but the first-year coach of the Hokies knows his teams ball control needs to dramatically improve.The Hokies (1-1) overcame four fumbles in their opening victory against Liberty, but werent able to do the same when they coughed it up five times against 15th-ranked Tennessee last week. The Vols rolled to a 45-24 victory.The Hokies begin Atlantic Coast Conference play at home against Boston College (1-1) on Saturday.I would say were fumbling the ball t much. Thats a fact, Fuente said. We must -- its not an option -- get that fixed. That is a result of several things. We have to do a better job technically.Lking at the last two games, when we talked about it with the team yesterday, theres some technical things there that weve got to get cleaned up, some emphasis that weve got to do a better job. Theres a little bit of toughness and selflessness that goes into holding on to the ftball that we havent had, he said.The Hokies fumbled 16 times all of last season, but lost just seven.Quarterback Jerod Evans has thrown five touchdown passes in two games, but has also fumbled the ball away three times. A fourth fumble came when center Kyle Chung snapped the ball over Evans head for a 21-yard loss.That fumble, and two others, came inside the Hokies 10 yard-line, setting up short touchdown drives. Another was returned 71 yards for a touchdown by Alpha Jalloh in Virginia Techs season-opening victory against Liberty.Against Tennessee, a botched handoff to C.J. Carroll on a jeet sweep led to a recovery for the Vols at the Hokies 5.dddddddddddd Virginia Tech led 14-0 at the time, but Tennessee converted with a touchdown, the first of their 31 unanswered points.You do have every once in a while those occasions where you hold on to the ball and no matter what the defensive player just puts his hand in the right place and the ball, Evans said. And then you have those cases where weve been having, where were not thinking about it a lot and were thinking about making extra effort plays that were not actually thinking about protecting that ball.We just have to make a conscious effort to protect the ball more than getting those extra two or three yards, if thats the case. If thats not the case, then get those two or three yards but definitely we have to make a better effort, consciously, to protect the ball.The Hokies have switched to a more up-tempo offense under Fuente, but he doesnt view that as an issue.When I lk at it, I see it as kind of what we talked about, he said. Theres some technique involved and ... weve got to be less selfish and more selfless and a little bit tougher. I see this as weve got to do a better job. You could go back to say if you have a better chance to fumble the ftball if you have 90 plays as opposed to 60 plays. Thats obvious. But I dont see that as a deal. It hasnt been in the past.---Online: The APs college ftball page: tball.ap.org---Follow" target="_blank">http://collegeftball.ap.org---Follow Hank on Twitter: www.twitter.com/hankkurzjr ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 189 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen