for 15 TD catches, while senior LaVontis Smith and sophomore Jalen Wilkes have five each for the Eagles.I think everybodys gett

in Bewerbung 11.05.2019 10:03
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- Until a couple of days before he was sent to the Washington Nationals, outfielder Adam Eaton had no inkling it would happen.I didnt expect to be traded, Eaton said Saturday in his first meeting with reporters since the Nationals shipped three young pitchers to the Chicago White Sox for him last week. I dont think anybody really expects to be traded.But once Eaton heard the White Sox had shipped left-hander Chris Sale to the Boston Red Sox, signaling Chicagos full-on rebuilding effort, he said, It was kind of like: `Oh, boy, here we go. It was kind of a downhill slope.Eaton and Washingtons other significant offseason addition, catcher Derek Norris, were among the players attending the Nationals annual fan festival (Bryce Harper was not).With Washington giving Chicago its two best pitching prospects -- Lucas Giolito and Reynaldo Lopez, who both spent time in the majors this year -- along with 2016 first-round draft pick Dane Dunning, the trade has been the subject of plenty of scrutiny.Its not really my job to think about that stuff, Eaton said. My job is to play the game of baseball the best way that I can.Describing the aftermath of the swap as a tornado and quite the whirlwind as he tried to set plans in motion for going to a new spring training site and figuring out where his family -- including an 8-month-old son -- will live, Eaton said he is not sure yet where manager Dusty Baker will want him to play.I told him I can do everything but catch. I dont want to catch. Thats where I draw the line. Those guys take a beating, and I dont think my knees can take it, Eaton said. I want to win at all costs. Wherever in the lineup that may be, let it fly.Eaton was an AL Gold Glove finalist in center field in 2014, went through an admittedly rough season at that position in 2015, then moved to right field in 2016 and again was a Gold Glove finalist.Im very capable of playing all three outfield spots, Eaton said.Nationals pitching coach Mike Maddux said hes lking forward to seeing Eaton bouncing off the walls out there defensively, getting dirty. I mean, this guy can go 0 for 4 and get dirty. Hes that kind of player.Maddux also thinks Norris can help Washingtons pitching staff with his work behind the plate. Norris originally was drafted by the Nationals in 2007, then was traded to Oakland in the deal that brought lefty Gio Gonzalez to Washington in 2011.He returned to the nations capital via a trade with the San Diego Padres on Dec. 2.Having played with some of the guys here, and some of the coaching staff having coached me or been involved pretty frequently over my minor league career -- that allows me to be a little more comfortable in this scenario, Norris said Saturday. So its a little bit different, but in the best of ways.Game notesMaddux indicated that RHP Stephen Strasburg could tweak his throwing program next season to try to be fresher for his starts. ... 2B Daniel Murphy, who missed time in September with a glute muscle problem, said he was told the issue potentially could recur, so he is being more diligent about preparing his lower body for the season. ... RHP Koda Glover said he pitched with a torn hip labrum in September. Glover, who made his major league debut in July, said he was given the choice of having surgery but decided to rehab the injury instead.---Follow Howard Fendrich on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrichCustom New York Jets Jersey . There was no hesitation from the 40th-ranked Pospisil, from Vernon, B.C., who admitted that he cut back on his training sessions over the last few days to conserve energy as the long ATP season finishes next week at the Paris Masters. Jamal Adams Jets Jersey .C. -- Charlotte Bobcats coach Steve Clifford said after all of these years in the NBA hes still amazed at some of the things LeBron James does. http://www.jetsofficialsshop.com/ . Anthony Davis had 31 points and 17 rebounds in his seventh straight game with more than 20 points, but that was only enough to keep the Pelicans competitive into the final minutes. Andrew Bogut had 10 points and 15 rebounds for Golden State, which rebounded from a loss a night earlier in Oklahoma City and snapped a two-game skid. Ny Jets Jerseys For Sale . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the dr after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. Cheap Ny Jets Jersey 2019 .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have placed centre Cody Hodgson on injured reserve and recalled two players from their AHL affiliate in Rochester.(STATS) -- North Carolina A&T and North Carolina Central have shared the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference title in each of the past two seasons. On Saturday, one of them will be the outright champion.The ninth-ranked Aggies make the short 55-mile trip from Greensboro to take on the No. 24 Eagles in Durham in a winner-take-all season finale with a trip to the Celebration Bowl on the line.North Carolina A&T (9-1) has won all seven of its conference games following its only loss, 58-21 at FBS member Tulsa on Sept. 17. North Carolina Central (8-2) is also unbeaten in seven MEAC contests and has won eight in a row overall, leading to the program entering the STATS FCS Top 25 for the first time Monday.That means there can be only one MEAC champion after the Aggies and Eagles were part of a five-way tie in 2014 before both shared the title with Bethune-Ckman last season. North Carolina A&T won the tiebreaker in 2015 and went on to beat Southwestern Athletic Conference champion Alcorn State 41-34 in the inaugural Celebration Bowl.The Eagles have won the past two meetings in this series -- both in the season finale -- to earn a share of the MEAC title.Its going to be a big one, said North Carolina A&Ts Rod Broadway, a finalist for the STATS Eddie Robinson Award as FCS Coach of the Year. Were going up against a 7-0 team and theyre our biggest rival. We have to be better prepared to play well.The Eagles have managed to beat the Aggies twice in a row despite Tarik Cohen combining for 315 rushing yards and two touchdownss.dddddddddddd Cohen, a finalist for the STATS FCS Walter Payton Award as Offensive Player of the Year, is second in the FCS with 1,436 yards and 17 TDs on the ground.The senior recorded his fourth 200-yard game of the season last Saturday, rushing 13 times for 221 yards -- an average of 17 per carry -- and two scores in North Carolina A&Ts 45-14 win at Delaware State.North Carolina Central does most of its damage through the air. The Eagles lead the MEAC with 225 passing yards per game behind redshirt senior Malcolm Bell, who tops the league with 2,007 yards and 15 passing TDs and is tied for second with seven rushing scores.North Carolina A&T also has a star quarterback in redshirt sophomore Lamar Raynard, who ranks first in the MEAC in completion percentage (64.6) and pass efficiency (140.8 rating) and second behind Bell in passing TDs (14).Both squads have solid receiving corps. The Aggies are led by senior Denzel Keyes and freshman Elijah Bell, who have combined for 15 TD catches, while senior LaVontis Smith and sophomore Jalen Wilkes have five each for the Eagles.I think everybodys getting what they always wanted, theyre gonna get an outright champion this year, North Carolina Central coach Jerry Mack said. Everythings on the table and we want to be greedy this year. We want to have a chance to take an outright championship and go to a bowl game, so its right there before us. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 57 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen