r, who coached the Capitals for the bulk of the 2011-12 season. "Youve got to talk to the

in Bewerbung 11.05.2019 10:02
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Texas Rangers recalled top prospect Joey Gallo from Triple-A Round Rock on Tuesday.Gallo, a promising slugger, and right-hander Nick Martinez were brought up before Tuesday nights game against Oakland, and both were starting against the Athletics. Veteran right-hander Kyle Lohse was designated for assignment and outfielder Jared Hoying was optioned to Round Rock.Manager Jeff Banister said Gallo provides a big left-handed bat with power potential in the lineup that is without Prince Fielder (pending neck surgery) and Shin-S Ch (lower back inflammation).Gallo was hitting sixth and playing first base in his return. He was with the team for four games in late May and had a flyout as a pinch-hitter in his only action. He hit six homers in 36 games last season for the Rangers.Martinez (1-2, 6.45 ERA) was recalled to make his first start for the Rangers since July 4 at Boston. The right-hander had been optioned to Round Rock sn after that when the 37-year-old Lohse was brought up from the minors, but Martinez replaced the struggling veteran in the rotation.Lohse lost both his starts and had a 12.54 ERA for Texas since being called up just before the All-Star break. He allowed 15 hits and 13 runs in 9 1/3 innings with three strikeouts and five walks for the Rangers, after going 2-5 with a 5.06 ERA in 10 starts for Round Rock.The 22-year-old Gallo hit .246 with 19 homers and 47 RBI in 70 games at Round Rock, with homers in three of his last five games.Hoying hit .241 with five RBI in 17 games over two stints with the Rangers this season. He also pitched an inning July 8 against Minnesota.The Rangers also transferred outfielder Drew Stubbs (left little toe sprain) from the Arizona League to Round Rock to continue his injury rehab assignment, and outfielder Justin Ruggiano was released from his minor league contract with Round Rock. He was on the Rangers opening day roster, but played only one game before getting designated for assignment and outrighted to Round Rock on April 10.Running Shoes Canada Online . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. Clearance Running Shoes Canada . Pert has formerly spent time as an assistant coach with Cardiff City, Coventry City, and Bahrain mens national team. "Martyn is a highly-respected coach with experience at the top levels in England," said Whitecaps FC head coach Carl Robinson. http://www.wholesalerunningshoescanada.com/ . Vokoun departed practice on Saturday morning after discovering swelling in his thigh. He was taken to a local hospital where the clot was revealed. The club announced the surgery following a 5-3 exhibition loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets. Cheap Running Shoes Canada . Varlamov made 33 saves and Ryan OReilly had a goal and scored in the shtout as the Avalanche beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 on Thursday night. Running Shoes Canada Outlet .Y. -- Leading 3-0 with only 11:25 left, the Colorado Avalanche committed a seemingly meaningless penalty to give the New York Islanders a power play.Dallas Eakins says it in a commanding but calm tone. "We dont coach teams, we coach individuals." They are words to live by for Eakins and the philosophy has earned him his first NHL head-coaching job with the Edmonton Oilers. Eakins isnt alone in the individual approach. The 46-year-old, who got to this level thanks to his success with the Toronto Maple Leafs and Marlies, is part of a new breed of coaches who believe communication with players is key to getting the most out of them. Call them players coaches -- like Dan Bylsma in Pittsburgh or Adam Oates in Washington. Along with Eakins and many others, theyre setting a new trend, taking a different approach than coaches did even 10 years ago. "I think a lot of times it has to do with almost job survival," Montreal Canadiens forward Jeff Halpern said. "Most coaches arent going to change their personalities for anything. But at the same time, you have such different types of athletes now and because the money is so great for young kids growing up, a lot of times you have to find ways to communicate with people." Thats not to say gruff coaches like Mike Keenan, John Tortorella, Lindy Ruff and Peter Laviolette cant communicate. Ruff spent 15 seasons in charge of the Buffalo Sabres and is considered a favourite to land another job sn. But coaches need to evolve along with the players, says Islanders forward Brad Boyes. "I think players are different the way you come up now," he said. "It used to be to yell and scream would get the best out of guys, thats the way it was because thats the way they had always been. Nowadays theres so much more involved. Agents are involved at young ages, parents are very involved at young ages. I think the kids are just brought up differently. You try to talk to them through adversity (rather) than trying to yell and scream to get the best out of them." Its a trend that began before most of these coaches even considered their next steps after playing. During his 19-year career that spanned from the 1980s into the 2000s, Oates didnt like being yelled at. As he and others from the same generation step into coaching, those experiences have shaped their styles. "Theres no perfect animal. I just really feel that if Im not happy with a guy, I dont have to yell at him to let him know," Oates said during the regular season. "I can talk to him. Hes still a pro. Youve got to be a pro. Thats what we are. Were pros now, and its a different game than before." Oates contemporaries include Kirk Muller of the Carolina Hurricanes, Kevin Dineen of the Florida Panthers, Peter DeBoer of the New Jersey Devils and Dave Tippett of the Phoenix Coyotes. And Eakins, who learned from the late Roger Neilson that he would have to make his mark as a coach because he "wasnt a very gd player." Whether or not a coach was a gd player doesnt necessarily matter, though it doesnt hurt. Islanders forward Keith Aucoin played with the Marlies during the NHL lockout and cited Eakins playing career as one reason hes able to get messages across so effectively. "He knows when to get in somebodys face and he knows when a teams going through a tough stretch or a few tough games that it happens," Aucoin said. "He was so knowledgeable of how hard the game is and he knows what to do." Aucoin said Eakins never yelled at him, but that was more because he was playing well. Players dont mind the tough love approach on occasion, he said, as long as theres some meaning behind it. "I dont think it matters what approach you take, as long as the players respect the reasoning behind it and the hockey smarts behind it," said Halpern, who most recently played for Michel Therrien in Montreal and Tortorella in New York. "If youre ranting and raving for no reason, players tend to tune you out right away. Buut if youre smart about what youre saying, theres a purpose and players are able to kind of lk at it and see that theres a purpose behind it and that it works, players will respond to it.dddddddddddd" Toronto defenceman Jake Gardiner, who played for Eakins with the AHL Marlies, said Eakins strength is being approachable to his players. "If you want to talk to Dallas, hes not a very hard guy to approach and thats what makes him so gd," Gardiner said Tuesday from Campbellville, Ont., where he was the drawmaster for the $1-million North America Cup harness race. "Guys are willing to go into him and hes accepting to that. "Hell tell you exactly what you need to work on or what youre doing well and to keep doing that. Most of the time hell be positive and when he has to be hell get on you for it." Halpern pointed out that even as Tortorella was combative with media members and stern with players, he wouldnt hesitate to be direct with his criticisms. Same goes for Therrien. "Sometimes its great when coaches are able to kind of express what theyre thinking because as players a lot of times youre left to make it a guessing game," Halpern said. For Eakins players, theres no guesswork. Aucoin recalled his first meeting with Eakins and the simple message that he wouldnt treat the 34-year-old veteran any differently than his younger teammates like Gardiner and centre Nazem Kadri. Getting a lot out of those young players played a role in Eakins getting his first NHL head-coaching gig, Oilers general manager Craig MacTavish said. In hours-long interviews with Eakins, it was clear he was suited to run a team, MacTavish added. Eakins makes no secret of how he views his job. "People always ask about coaching the team and I correct them very quickly: We coach 23 to 25 individuals and its an interesting job," Eakins said last week at the OHL awards ceremony in Toronto. "These individuals are delicate pieces of a machine, of a big engine, and they all need to be treated differently and handled with different care. A coachs job is to get to these individuals, find out whats happened in their past, whats going on in the present and where are we going to take these young men in the future." In the NHL, some are not young men. Some are grizzled veterans with more than Eakins 120 games of experience. But thats where Eakins approach proves valuable. Citing Eakins words, Dale Hunter of the London Knights emphasized that coaching is coaching no matter how old players are. "They all want to be on the first line, they all want to be on the first power play," Hunter said. "Its like, How are you going to get there? How are you going to stay there? Its trying to get them better to certain levels. Thats why you win." Theres nothing set in stone that only player-friendly coaches can win. Far from it. But as the league gets younger, progressive, less-aggressive coaches are enjoying more success. "I think societys changed where you talk it out," said Hunter, who coached the Capitals for the bulk of the 2011-12 season. "Youve got to talk to the players a lot more and communicate with them. a Now its more teaching, communication, fundamentals." In junior and then in the AHL, where Eakins built his reputation behind the bench, much of the job is teaching. In the NHL, thats only part of the complex list of responsibilities, which includes managing superstar egos. Of course that only accentuates the importance of individual coaching, which could be vital to Eakins success in Edmonton. "I think Dallas said it best, youre coaching individuals, its about finding how to get best out of every individual," Boyes said. "Thats what gd coaches now are trying to do." -- Canadian Press sports reporter Dan Ralph in Toronto contributed to this report. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 3 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen