safety.The Cardinals set a season-high with

in Mitglieder 10.05.2019 10:18
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

HOUSTON -- The Houston Cougars quite enjoyed playing spoiler on Thursday night with their playoff hopes long since gone.Duke Catalon scored three touchdowns and Houston hurried and harassed Heisman favorite Lamar Jackson all night to propel the Cougars to a stunning 36-10 victory over No. 3 Louisville that dashed the Cardinals playoff chances.I think our guys, they embrace the underdog role, Houston coach Tom Herman said. When were healthy, when were fresh and we have that chip on our shoulder against big time opponents ... we dont change the way we prepare for these kind of games, but I do think our guys have an added motivation.Louisville (9-2) entered the game ranked fifth in the College Ftball Playoff rankings, but was outdone by a Houston team that saw its own playoff hopes foiled by two losses to unranked teams after a 5-0 start .Showing the world once again that Houston is the greatest schl, a great place to be, a great environment, Houston defensive tackle Ed Oliver said. We work hard for everything that we ever had and will have. Were legit. Were go-getters. No matter the task, we always come through the other side.The victory was Houstons second this season over a team ranked third after the Cougars (9-2) knocked off Oklahoma to open the season and it was their fourth straight win over a top-10 team.Things went wrong quickly for the mistake-prone Cardinals when they fumbled awau the opening kickoff. Greg Ward threw his first touchdown pass on the next play to make it 7-0. Brandon Radcliff lost a fumble later in the first and Houston added a field goal on the ensuing drive to make it 10-0.Jackson threw for 211 yards and a touchdown, but it didnt come until the second half.That was a heck of a ftball team in Louisville and a heck of a player in Lamar Jackson, Herman said. Still in my opinion, nothings changed. Thats the best player in college ftball, and our defense did a gd job of putting pressure on him.Houston then scored touchdowns on three straight possessions in the second quarter to push the lead to 31-0 at halftime. Catalon caught a touchdown pass, ran for another score and Houston got the third score in that span on a 50-yard pass by receiver Linell Bonner after a lateral.Louisville opened the second half with a 12-yard touchdown pass by Jackson, but he fumbled in the red zone on the next possession to ruin a chance to close the gap.The Cougars were in Jacksons face constantly, sacking him a season-high 11 times and keeping him from hurting them with his feet. He ran for a season-low 33 yards after piling up 338 yards rushing combined in the last two games. The 11 sacks were tied for the most allowed in the country this season.Honestly, we try to do this every week, linebacker Steven Taylor said. It just felt gd for us to accomplish this and show the world that were capable of coming out and being aggressive and doing gd at that.After Jackson was sacked for the 10th time he threw up his hands and two of his lineman lked to be yelling at each other about who was to blame for his latest takedown.It was so loud, you couldnt hear words, Oliver said. But you could see he was yelling at his o-lineman, but you couldnt hear what he was saying. Im guessing he was yelling at them for false starts.But the Cougars werent done getting after him just yet. On the next possession he threw the ball away while under heavy pressure from Tyus Bowser and was flagged for intentional grounding, giving the Cougars a safety.The Cardinals set a season-high with 15 penalties, punted a season-high six times by halftime and the 11 sacks they allowed were more than double their previous season-high. Its the fewest points theyve scored since a loss at North Carolina in 2011.Ward threw for 233 yards and two touchdowns to help the Cougars to the victory that left Cougar fans storming the field to celebrate.---For more college ftball: tball.ap.org" target="_blank">http://collegeftball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 Sneakers Nz Cheap . -- Vincent Lecavalier got everything but the desired result in his return to Tampa Bay. Wholesale Sneakers For Sale . According to a report from the Vancouver Province, the Lions are expected to replace former DC Rich Stubler with defensive backs coach Mark Washington. http://www.wholesalesneakersnz.com/ .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again. Sneakers Nz Online . The Lightning are 2-0 so far on a four-game road trip, giving the club five straight wins as the guest and improving Tampas away record this season to 11-8-2. Sneakers Nz Sale . 4 Villanova with a 96-68 drubbing on Monday. Wragge hit 9-of-14 from behind the arc, matching Kyle Korvers schl record for 3-pointers in a game set in 2003, as Creighton (16-3, 6-1 Big East broke a conference record with 21 treys in the rout. Weve been hearing the rumors circulate for more than?a year now that there will be a sequel to the box office hit movie Space Jam. While some are eager to watch a remake of the 1996 animated comedy that?starred Michael Jordan, there are also some who feel it would be an insult to the original.Toronto Raptors forward Patrick Patterson falls in the latter category. He?tk to The Players Tribune to voice his opposition to a potential Space Jam 2.Im going to touch on something pretty controversial here, something that means a whole lot to millions of people. But I cant be silent any longer.Please, please, Hollywd, Im pleading with you, do not make Space Jam 2.Patterson believes it would take t much to re-create the cinematic experience.Im a huge movie fan. Movies are a big part of my life. This summer I even had the opportunity to help cover the Toronto International Film Festival for the CBC. So please know that I dont say this lightly: The original Space Jam is the perfect movie. The. Perfect. Movie.He goes on to say Bugs Bunny and the Lney Tunes characters arent as popular anymore. For the kids saake, characters like SpongeBob SquarePants and Patrick would have to fill that void.dddddddddddd Patterson also doesnt think the cast would be as entertaining. As we know, LeBron James has been mentioned to play the Jordan role. But Patterson doesnt believe someone like Bill Murray, who displayed some impressive basketball skills during the movie, can be replaced.He has a point. No one wants to see the sequel to such a classic?fail to live up to the hype.?But if the movie finally hits theaters, even Patterson knows hed probably be in attendance.Lk, I get why they want to make a sequel. The money will be insane. I mean, Im straight up saying I dont want Space Jam 2 to get made, but I know that Ill see it regardless. Thats how loyal the Space Jam fan base is, Patterson said.The original?is set to make an appearance in select theaters for its 20th anniversary on Nov.?13 and 16. And that could be as close as we get to seeing Space Jam hit the big?screen again.-- Josiah Turner ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 73 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen