thers me a little bit, Nadal said.Murray beat Juan Marti

in Bewerbung 10.05.2019 06:45
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- It has been a bumpy road for the Philadelphia Phillies this season, and no one has experienced more turbulence lately than 22-year-old pitcher Jake Thompson.Jose Abreu homered for a third straight game, Carlos Rodon threw 6 2/3 scoreless innings and the Chicago White Sox beat the slumping Phillies 9-1 on Tuesday night.Thompson was tagged for seven runs, all earned, in five innings. The former second-round draft pick allowed eight hits and four walks while his ERA ballned to 9.78 in four starts, 12.54 in two such appearances on the road.I dont really have the answer right now to fix it, said Thompson, who issued 13 walks in 19 1/3 innings. But I feel Im certainly a lot better than what my performances indicated.Abreu hit a two-run home run and Justin Morneau followed with a solo shot in the fifth.(Thompson) relies a lot on command, and he hasnt shown that, manager Pete Mackanin said. I attribute a lot of that to his youth and inexperience.Mackanin was non-committal about Thompsons role in the final weeks of the season.We dont want him to continue to get beat up like that and lose his confidence all together, Mackanin said. Im concerned about it.Rodon (4- allowed three hits and has a 1.46 ERA in his past four starts after missing most of July with a sprained left wrist suffered when he slipped on the dugout steps.Adam Eaton tripled, singled and scored twice and Tim Anderson tripled, reached base three times and drove in a run as Chicago built a 9-0 lead in its third straight win.Freddy Galvis homered off Chris Beck in the seventh to end a 17-inning scoreless streak for the Phillies, who have dropped five of seven.We keep telling (Galvis) not to (over swing for home runs) and he keeps hitting them, Mackanin said.Abreu hit 36 homers while winning AL Rkie of the Year in 2014 and 30 last year. Hes up to 17 as he heats up after struggling much of the season. Abreu has five homers and 11 RBI in his past 16 games.The Phillies, playing on Chicagos South Side for the first time since 2004, managed five hits.LIKE OLD TIMESA native South Side Chicagoan, Mackanin had several family and friends in attendance. The trip was his second to U.S. Cellular Field and first as a manager.NO HOWARDPhillies 1B Ryan Howard, hitting .107 vs. lefties, was out of the lineup. U.S. Cellular Field is the lone active major league park the former NL MVP hasnt played in.TEBOWINGThe Phillies confirmed they will have a scout at Tim Tebows workout next Tuesday in Los Angeles.TRAINERS RMPhillies: RHP Alec Asher, serving an 80-game suspension for a positive drug test, gave up one run in one inning Tuesday in the start of a rehab assignment with the Class-A affiliate in the Gulf Coast League. ... SS prospect J.P. Crawford (oblique) is back playing for Triple-A Lehigh Valley and is a September call-up candidate.White Sox: RF Avisail Garcia (knee) was activated off the 15-day DL and went 1 for 4 with a double. OF Jason Coats was optioned to Triple-A Charlotte, leaving nine players on the DL. ... 2B Brett Lawrie (left hamstring) returned from his rehab assignment because of a setback and was scheduled for tests. ... 2B Tyler Saladino (back) was available off the bench.UP NEXTWhite Sox RHP James Shields (5-15, 5.98 ERA) faces RHP Jerad Eickhoff (8-12, 3.91) to close the series Wednesday night. Shields has a 17.36 ERA in four starts this month.Discunt Air Max 720 Nz . -- Brandon Jennings made the most of his first game with the Detroit Pistons on Sunday night. Air Max 720 Outlet Nz . -- If Henry Burris has his way, he will be the starting quarterback to lead the Hamilton Tiger-Cats back to the Grey Cup next year. http://www.airmax720outletnz.com/ . P.A. Parenteau scored early in the third period to help the Avs edge Toronto 2-1 on Tuesday night. Cory Sarich also scored for Colorado (3-0-0), which is off to its best ever start. Cheap Air Max 720 Nz . -- Matt Ryan needed one of the best games of his career to lead the Falcons and their depleted offence out of their three-game losing streak last week. Air Max 720 Sale Nz . Bjorn, who had a 36-hole total of 8-under 134, made a testing six-ft putt to save par on the 16th and a birdie on the 17th before bogeying the final hole after a misjudged approach shot. American Kevin Streelman was in second place after shting a 69.MASON, Ohio -- Angelique Kerber has a chance to become No. 1 at the Western & Southern Open. The mens bracket is wide open, t, providing an opportunity for someone outside the Big Four to claim a Masters title.Its a week for the up-and-comers.Two-time defending champion Serena Williams pulled out of the tournament with an inflamed shoulder, making it possible for Kerber to overtake her in the rankings. She would move up to No. 1 by winning the tournament for the first time.Williams has been in the top spot for 183 consecutive weeks, the second longest such stretch in WTA history.Theres a long way to go, Kerber said Tuesday. Im not thinking about that. Somebody told me about that, but Im trying not to listen.Everyone dreams about being No. 1. It would be amazing. I would give everything to reach that goal.The mens bracket provides an opportunity for second-tier players to move up for a week. Defending champion Roger Federer and top-ranked Novak Djokovic are sidelined by injuries, and Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal are still recovering from hectic weeks at the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. The four of them have accounted for 54 of the last 58 Masters titles.Theres a chance for somebody else to get a Masters trophy on Sunday.I played 23 hours in seven days, Nadal said Tuesday, referring to his Olympics stay. My body is a little bit tired. Obviously its going to be tough.Rain repeatedly interrupted the first full day of matches on Tuesday, although none of the top-ranked plaayers was in action.ddddddddddddKerber opens play on Wednesday, trying to extend a successful season that includes the Australian Open championship, a Wimbledon final and a silver medal in Rio.That was a special week, Kerber said of the Olympics. I had a lot of experiences. The atmosphere was different than a normal tournament. I had a great week. I won a medal. That was my goal.Nadal had a lot of fun in Rio but came away running on fumes.The 30-year-old Spaniard missed two months with an injured left wrist and returned in Rio, where he reached the semifinals in singles -- a gd showing given how much time he was away from the court. Hes hoping to get in more matches in Cincinnati to get ready for the U.S. Open without aggravating the wrist.It was not an easy injury and it still bothers me a little bit, Nadal said.Murray beat Juan Martin del Potro in a wild, four-set match for his second Olympic gold medal on Sunday, leaving him drained. Then came the flight directly to Cincinnati -- yes, he brought his medal along.The match against Juan Martin was so up and down, so emotional, physical, Murray said. It was a really, really hard match, one of the hardest matches Ive played.Doing the long trip straight afterward was tough. Hopefully it will be able to rain in the next few days.---AP freelance writer Mark Schmetzer contributed to this report. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 211 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen