give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White

in Bewerbung 08.05.2019 05:52
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

SAN MARTIN, Calif. -- Lydia Ko has got all the shots, on and off the course, from curling in putts to cutting up with reporters, delivered with an ease that belies her age.As the 19-year-old was being interviewed Saturday following the third round of the U.S. Womens Open at CordeValle, a journalist asked Ko about her routine to prepare for pressure-packed Sundays.I go partying, Ko said, partying all night and come straight to the course.The joke drew laughs like her game attracts raves, although Ko would have to start doing stand-up for her humor to wow at the same level as her golf.Having won two of the past three womens major championships, Ko is in excellent position to make it three out of four. The worlds top-ranked player shot a 2-under 70 to take a 1-stroke lead over Eun Hee Ji, who won the 2009 U.S. Womens Open, and Sung Hyun Park, at 7-under 209 after 54 holes.Everyone will be chasing Ko, who already has caught most of her sports significant records for success at an early age and is poised, if she closes out a victory in the womens games oldest major, to collect two others.Appreciating all of Kos achievements can feel like being a kid with t many toys under a Christmas tree.Ko won an LPGA event at 15, became the No. 1 player in the world at 17 and, when she won the 2015 Evian Championship, surpassed Morgan Pressel as the youngest winner of a womens major. Thirty-seven LPGA events have been won by teenagers, with Ko accounting for 13. The next-best teen record belongs to Lexi Thompson with four wins.If Ko (19 years, 2 months, 16 days) wins Sunday, she will break Inbee Parks mark as the youngest winner of the U.S. Womens Open by nine months. She would become the youngest golfer to win a third major, eclipsing Tom Morris Jr., who was slightly more than two months older than Ko when he won the 1870 Open Championship.Ko is a rare comet of a golfer, but Saturday night was going to be oh, so ordinary.The best thing is to not get out of your routines, Ko said. It doesnt matter if its the first day or the last day or the third day or an extra day. I love my sleep, so I know that Ill have a gd nights sleep. But nothing different. Nothing special to eat. I want my moms cking, and thats it.Kos putting, usually a strong suit, has lived up to its reputation the past two days at CordeValle. She has needed only 25 putts in each of the second and third rounds. A Friday 66 allowed Ko to cut into a 9-shot deficit she had to Mirim Lee after a first-round 73, and being handy on the greens kept her under par Saturday.In particular, three long putts -- hard-breaking 25-fters for birdie on Nos. 3 and 13, and a par save of similar length on No. 14 -- were pivotal.I wasnt expecting that one to go in, Ko said of the birdie effort at the 13th, which she thought she had misread. I was walking a little bit and then I saw the ball drop, so it kind of tk me by surprise. It was a lucky one. But I almost think my par on 14 was the more meaningful of the two.Ko did a minor fist pump after sinking the putts at the 13th and 14th. Demonstrative is normally not her style, but lks can be deceiving.I lk a lot calmer than what goes on in the inside, Ko said. I definitely do get nervous, but I think thats part of it. I think nerves are gd because it means youre excited. Youre ready. It means a lot to you.As three-time Masters champion Jimmy Demaret once said, the key is to have the butterflies flying in formation.I guarantee Lydia feels the same things we do, said Brittany Lang, whose third-round 68 moved her into a tie for fourth, 2 strokes behind Ko. She does a better job controlling them. She gets back to what shes doing, and she executes. Its impressive. Shes the master of it, its unreal.The last time Ko had the 54-hole lead at a major, last months KPMG Womens PGA Championship at Sahalee Country Club near Seattle, she went out on Sunday and shot 67 and still lost -- to fellow teenager Brke Henderson in a playoff after the Canadian closed with a 65.I thought there were so many positives, from that final round at Sahalee, Ko said. All I can do is try my best. If somebody plays better than me, I cant do much about it. That was a perfect example of that. Brke played so impressively on that Sunday. And for her to win the playoff with a birdie, I think that just kind of summed up her day.Ko missed a short birdie putt on the 71st hole at the Womens PGA, a putt that would have salted away a third straight major title. But even the greatest champions dont make everything, and they tend to dwell on their successes, not their failures.Although not yet 20, Ko has a stunning reservoir of grace under pressure going back to childhd. When Ko was only 11 she faced an older opponent in the final of the New Zealand Womens Amateur. Ko didnt win the match but left an indelible impression on those who watched with her cl, which has become such a trademark during her precocious career.Confidence is an earned commodity, Fox golf analyst Paul Azinger noted during Saturdays broadcast, and shes earned it through achievement.Hard work, more than most could imagine, has brought Ko to this point, not that there arent some occasional diversions. In fact, on vacation in her native South Korea last December, Ko did stay up almost all night attending with her sister and friends a Psy concert. The Gangnam Style performers show didnt start until midnight.The concert started at 12 and ended at 2, and there was an encore that went for an hour, Ko said. I ended up coming home at 5 a.m. My throat was a little weird the next day, and I dont think Ive sweated that much in my life. I had a seat but there was no point in having one because you were jumping up and down the whole time. I had a gd time.The atmosphere at CordeValle on Sunday will be a bit different, but fun is fun. Buy Air Max 97 Cheap .R. Smith realized how easily basketball can be taken from him, and he wasnt going to take his place in the NBA for granted anymore. Air Max 97 Cheap China . -- Ryan Getzlaf grabbed the three pucks wrapped in tape and held them up to his chest in the Anaheim Ducks dressing rm for a celebration nine seasons in the making. http://www.cheapairmax97.net/ . And when it opened, every player was at his stall. Thats a sure sign that a team is in a slump and is searching for answers. "Its embarrassing to be at home and play the way we did," said defenceman Josh Gorges. Air Max 97 Clearance . Pence singled in the winning run with no outs in the ninth inning to give the Giants a 7-6 victory over the San Diego Padres on Sunday. Air Max 97 Cheap Online . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- Jonathon Jennings scored on a 9-yard run with 1:06 left to give the B.C. Lions a 32-31 victory over the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Sunday in the CFLs West Division semifinal.The second-year quarterback outran safety Taylor Loffler and dove for the end zone to put the Lions ahead.After the 2-point conversion attempt failed, Winnipeg moved to B.C.s 53, but Justin Medlocks 61--yard attempt came up well short.ddddddddddddThe Lions advanced to play at Calgary next Sunday in the West final.Jennings was 26 of 35 for 329 yards, with touchdown passes to Bryan Burnham and Terrell Sinkfield. Jennings also had a 7-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 47 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen