Swinson, 5 Leone Nakarawa, 6 Rob Harley, 7

in Laberecke 07.05.2019 07:57
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- To understand Youngstown State quarterback Ricky Davis motivation to play West Virginia, take a peek at his cell phone.His screensaver counts down the days until the Penguins (1-0) meet the Mountaineers (1-0).Times up. Saturdays game will be Youngstown States annual chance -- and Davis first as a starter -- to upend a Bowl Subdivision opponent.Were picked to lose. So we have nothing to lose, Davis said. This is our Super Bowl game. This is the one that weve had circled on the schedule for a while. And were going to come ready.The Penguins beat Pittsburgh in the 2012 opener, its first win over a major conference schl, and almost pulled off a repeat a year ago against the Panthers in coach Bo Pelinis debut.If that doesnt grab your attention right there, then I dont know what will, West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen said.In his first career start last week, Davis was solid with three touchdown passes against Duquesne. But the junior with the long-flowing locks knows its a step up to play the Mountaineers.Im hoping weve got what it takes to match up with those guys, Davis said. Ive very confident that we do.Pelini isnt so sure.You just dont know whats going to happen, how the games going to go, he said. You have to be prepared to go out and win it, no matter what side of it youre on. I dont change my approach, whether were playing West Virginia, the Steelers or a high schl team. Its going to be the same.The Mountaineers have never lost to a Championship Subdivision opponent. Holgorsen has said he doesnt like playing FCS schls -- the Youngstown State matchup was set before he became coach in 2011.---Some things to know as the Penguins and Mountaineers prepare for their first meeting since 1938.RED-ZONE WOES: West Virginia beat Missouri 26-11 last week but had to settle for field goals four times inside the Tigers 20-yard-line. The gd news from the head coach perspective is we did do a hell of a lot better than they did, which is the main reason why we won, Holgorsen said.HOWARDS HEALTH: West Virginia quarterback Skyler Howard said hes sore but will be ready to start on Saturday after straining his ribs during a run last week. Howard said it was a noncontact injury. Hell need to preserve his health because backups William Crest and Chris Chugunov were unimpressive during brief appearances against Missouri. Crest lost a fumble and Chugunov threw an interception.MORE INJURIES: West Virginia starting left tackle Yodny Cajuste was lost for the season with a torn ACL in his right knee sustained last week. Redshirt freshman Colton McKivitz will start in Cajustes place. Cajuste adds to a growing list of players already gone with knee injuries before the season started, including top returning tackler Dravon Askew-Henry at safety, backup nose tackle Jaleel Fields and top recruit Brendan Ferns at linebacker.BEWARE OF THE CRAWSHELL: West Virginias tandem of Rushel Shell and Justin Crawford was impressive against Missouri but will face a Youngstown State defense that allowed only 34 yards. Shell had 90 yards before missing most of the second half with leg cramps. Crawford, a junior college transfer, had 101 yards. Both ran for a score.RUNNING PENGUINS: Youngstown State also can churn out the yards on the ground, compiled 394 against Duquesne. Starting running back Jody Webb ran for 96, Martin Ruiz had 89 and third-stringer Tevin McCaster had 107 in the fourth quarter. Davis chipped in with 74 yards.I hate when people call me a running quarterback, he said. Im a pocket-passing quarterback that has the ability to run.---AP College Ftball website tball.ap.orgFollow" target="_blank">www.collegeftball.ap.orgFollow John Raby on Twitter: www.twitter.com/jraby-AP Cheap Nike Sb Free Shipping . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. Wholesale Nik SB Cheap . -- Patrick Reed got an early start in golf. http://www.wholesalenikesb.com/ . Just as Montreal was settling into the first full working week of a new year, the Impact announced the appointment of their new head coach. Cheap Nike Sb Wholesale . He just needed to be his best twisting, turning acrobatic self. "I didnt need to be anybody else, I just needed to be myself and be aggressive," said Burks, who scored a career-high 34 points to spark the Utah Jazz to a 118-103 victory over the Denver Nuggets on Monday night. Wholesalle Nike Sb China . -- There were so many positives from the Orlando Magics first victory of the season that it was hard for coach Jacque Vaughn to stop praising his players.A host of international names return to club action on Friday night when Glasgow Warriors host Munster at Rugby Park, live on Sky Sports 5 HD. Scotland quartet Sean Lamont, Gordon Reid, Tim Swinson and Duncan Weir all return to the Glasgow starting XV, with prop Zander Fagerson named on the bench, while Munster hand starts to Ireland forwards Tommy ODonnell and Donnacha Ryan.Fridays game has been moved to the home of Kilmarnock FC due to Scotstoun being waterlogged, and the Warriors only victory in their last seven games came at this venue when they beat Racing 92 last month. Head coach Gregor Townsend makes nine changes to the team that lost 13-10 at Ulster last weekend. Wallaby wing Taqele Naiyaravoro is promoted from the bench while Peter Horne partners Glenn Bryce in midfield.Weir returns at scrum-half with skipper Josh Strauss and Chris Fusaro named in the back row.Its our first home game for a few weeks, against one of our contenders for a play-off spot so its an important match for us, said Townsend.Munster are one of the top teams in the league, so were well aware of the challenge we face at Rugby Park. Glasgow suffered their sixth PRO12 loss of the season at Ulster in round 14 Munster have lost four of their last six PRO12 games and head coach Anthony Foley makes five changes to the team beaten at home by the Ospreys last Sundayy.ddddddddddddRyan and ODonnell return to the pack with fellow Ireland international James Cronin among the replacements. Niall Scannell is named at hker while captain Billy Holland moves into the second row.Tomás OLeary is given the nod at scrum-half and David Johnston replaces All Black Francis Saili at outside centre. Munster fell to a 21-17 loss to the Ospreys in Cork last weekend Glasgow Warriors: 15 Peter Murchie, 14 Taqele Naiyaravoro, 13 Glenn Bryce, 12 Peter Horne, 11 Sean Lamont, 10 Duncan Weir, 9 Ali Price; 1 Gordon Reid, 2 James Malcolm, 3 Sila Puafisi, 4 Tim Swinson, 5 Leone Nakarawa, 6 Rob Harley, 7 Chris Fusaro, 8 Josh Strauss (c).Replacements: 16 Cammy Fenton, 17 Jerry Yanuyanutawa, 18 Zander Fagerson, 19 Greg Peterson, 20 Simone Favaro, 21 Grayson Hart, 22 Fraser Lyle, 23 Rory Hughes.Munster: 15 Andrew Conway, 14 Darren Sweetnam, 13 David Johnston, 12 Rory Scannell, 11 Ronan OMahony; 10 Ian Keatley, 9 Tomás OLeary; 1 Dave Kilcoyne, 2 Niall Scannell, 3 John Ryan, 4 Donnacha Ryan, 5 Billy Holland (c), 6 Jack ODonoghue, 7 Tommy ODonnell, 8 Robin Copeland.Replacements: 16 Mike Sherry, 17 James Cronin, 18 Mario Sagario, 19 Dave Foley, 20 Conor Oliver, 21 Duncan Williams, 22 Johnny Holland, 23 Cian Bohane.Watch Glasgow v Munster live on Sky Sports 5 HD on Friday from 7pm. Catch the match for £6.99 on NOW TV. No contract. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 741 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen