eam, a player step up and talk to their team and have everybody be glued to it, thats really, really big, he said.Ajanaku embrac

in Bewerbung 07.05.2019 01:11
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

David Hearn is headed home for a rest to prepare for the RBC Canadian Open after the best showing of his PGA Tour career. The Brantford, Ont., native tk a week off to prepare for the national golf championship after finishing as the runner-up at the John Deere Classic on Sunday. He lost in a five-hole playoff with Zach Johnson and eventual champion Jordan Spieth. "I think getting a week off will help me a lot," said Hearn on Tuesday. "Ive been playing a lot of golf and I feel like my games been at a pretty gd level, so getting a little bit of rest will definitely help me heading into the Canadian Open." Hearns put together the best season of his professional career, with two top-10 finishes and US$1,026,715 in earnings after 21 tournaments. Last year -- his first on the PGA Tour -- he competed in 28 tournaments, with two top-10 finishes, earning $1,012,575. "I think if you lk at the way my career has progressed since I turned pro, or even before that, Ive always had an ability to continue to raise my level of game to the next level," said Hearn. "I feel like the last couple of seasons Ive had very gd signs and Ive seen a progression in my game and I feel like Im continually getting a little bit better." His play has put him at No. 46 in the FedEx Cup standings, an improvement on his ranking of 108th last season. The top 125 golfers will make the FedEx Cup playoffs in late August, but Hearn sees winning the Canadian Open as a priority for every golf season, regardless of his ranking. "Being Canadian, this is our national championship and theres a lot of pride that goes into playing in it and playing well," said Hearn. "I dont qualify for all the majors on tour yet so this is one of the bigger tournaments that Im going to play. "When I lk at the summer schedule its one of the events I definitely want to prepare well for." The national golf championship will be held at Glen Abbey Golf Club in Oakville, Ont., from July 22 to July 28, about 60 kilometres from Hearns hometown. This will be the 34-year-olds 11th Canadian Open, and the second year in a row that the tournament has been within striking distance of Brantford. Thats given Hearn the chance to rest at home and count on a large group to support him. "My parents and my wife and lots of family have always come out to the Open to follow me and last year in Hamilton it was real close to where I grew up in Brantford so I had a big following and Oakvilles not that much further away," said Hearn. "Im sure Ill have at least the same crew out that I get when Im real close to home, if not more." Hearn expects all the Canadian golfers in the tournament will have fans cheering them on. "Its a lot of fun for us to play in the Canadian Open," said Hearn. "We dont get that hometown feel very often on tour and we always have a lot of Canadians throughout the course of the year come up to us at various other golf courses -- Canadians are very proud of their athletes and golfers -- so were always running into people and theyre very supportive and definitely when we play in Canada its another level." There are 12 Canadians already in the tournaments field, with the possibility of more joining as qualifying continues across the country. Hearn believes the Canadian Open is a special event and that its evident to visiting golfers how important it is to the country. "The Canadian Open is one of the few national championships that we play on tour and it should have the respect from the other players," said Hearn. "I think that a lot of players do see that when they come to Canada its an incredibly well-supported event and the fans are great and we get amazing crowds. "Its certainly an event that guys want to be a part of."Comprar Zapatillas Nike Baratas Online . From filmmaker Nanette Burstein (On the Ropes), The Price of Gold revisits the saga that rocked the figure skating world ahead of the 1994 Lillehammer Olympic Winter Games: the assault on Nancy Kerrigan, and the plot that led its way back to her rival Tonya Harding. Zapatillas Nike Baratas Originales . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies. http://www.zapatillasbaratasnike.es/ . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. Zapatillas Nike Baratas China . No. 13-seeded John Isner and No. 21 Philipp Kohlschreiber were among six players who dropped out of the tournament on Tuesday, joining No. 12 seed Tommy Haas and two other players who withdrew on Monday. Zapatillas Nike Baratas Outlet . That gave fans outside Joe Louis Arena another chance to ask for autographs from the 19-year-old whose stardom in the NHL has arrived earlier than most expected.COLUMBUS, Ohio -- For all the talk about Stanford volleyballs young guns being gfballs, heres a little secret from freshman Kathryn Plummer:The silliest kid on the Cardinal is fifth-year senior Inky Ajanaku, whose 15 kills and nine blocks in a 3-1 victory over No. 2 Minnesota lifted No. 9 Stanford (26-7) into Saturdays national championship game for the 15th time in program history.Theyll play Texas, which shocked No. 1 Nebraska with a three-set sweep in the Thursday nightcap at Nationwide Arena.Shes the pot stirrer; shes a little kid at heart, said Plummer, one of four freshman starters for the Cardinal. Only when it comes to volleyball, you can tell shes the oldest person on the court.And at the ancient age of 22, Ajanaku doesnt have time to hang around while the Cardinal kids mature -- not that they need to. (Unless, of course, youre talking about the three Instagram accounts they all have or their DMs [direct messages]. I mean, are people still doing that? Ajanaku asks with a playful roll of the eye.)All of us want to win it for her, Plummer said. One of the things Inky always says is next point. That brings a sense of urgency to our game. When we were not doing as well earlier this season, we were focusing on what we did wrong. The second half of the season, weve done better just moving along to the next point.Ajanaku had a sense of a special season right from the go. Preseason, when we had our first practice, we saw what the freshmen could do. We were blown away by the talent.Leading the talent pl is the 6-ft-6 Plummer, whose imposing presence against the Gophers was reminiscent of a WNBA center. You want to duck when she gets the last word. The national freshman of the year finished with 15 kills and 11 digs against the methodical Gophers.Then theres another frosh, setter Jenna Gray, whose two dumps in the fourth set proved critical for a Stanford team that needed to keep its edge in the national semifinal after the Gophers gritted out the third set 25-22.Libero Morgan Hentz?Its really easy to be a great blocker when you only have to take up a certain part of the court, Ajanaku said. And Morgan allows that for us.And then theres 6-6 Audriana Fitzmorris, who had 10 kills -- her last one on match point -- and eight blocks against the Gophers.Ajanaku said Wednesday that she hasnt had much time to reflect on a season that hasnt exactly played out according to plan.dddddddddddd. Six games in, it became clear that All-American Hayley Hodson, last years AVCA freshman of the year, would not be a go the rest of the way for health reasons. Another injury to Michaela Keefe led coach John Dunning to abandon his 6-2 offense in favor of a 5-1, and even Ajanaku missed time due to an ankle sprain.Weve been through so much and that matures you, Ajanaku said. A lot of people might not think the freshmen could handle the situation, but they handled it. They keep proving to people that they can handle it and can play at a really high level when there are high stakes.This is a team that trailed Wisconsin last weekend only to rally in five, a stunning defeat for the Big Ten powerhouse in its own building.We were playing decent volleyball, but the environment got to us, Ajanaku said. After that locker rm talk, we decided nobodys going to fault us for taking the big swings. We said, Lets just cover each other and lets just go for it. Thats what we did.Those are the moments when Ajanku lives up to the Grandma nickname her teammates cajole her with. Most of the time shes the one singing Mr. Brightside or dancing to Caroline (by Amine, by the way, not Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond).But Dunning said when hes needed Ajanku to become the leader, shes become that calming voice in the huddle. Previously, he said, she led by example. But he told her before the season that while shes done a lot, he knew she was capable of more.To have somebody on your team, a player step up and talk to their team and have everybody be glued to it, thats really, really big, he said.Ajanaku embraces that role and is cognizant that this could have all worked out completely different. After all, she really isnt supposed to be here, sweating out her cellular immunology exam while her teammates weather English composition. A torn ACL last season led to the redshirt year and a head start on a masters in biology for the wannabe orthopedic surgeon.Dont think she doesnt know it.My volleyball career didnt go as I expected, but thats life, she said. You go with the opportunities you have.Thanks to her, Stanford has another on Saturday night. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 16 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen