until there were about 6 minutes left in the thir

in Bewerbung 07.05.2019 01:10
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Victor Cruz really didnt care about his statistics after the Giants played the Jets in their annual preseason game.The line for the 29-year-old wide receiver read: 32 plays, targeted on two passes, with one reception for 4 yards.It was unproductive, yet Cruz could not help but smile after the Giants 21-20 win on Saturday night.Cruz had played in a game for the first time since the 2014 season, and thats all that mattered to the wideout who was one of the NFLs most feared receivers from 2011-13. The knee injury that ended the 14 season and a calf problem that sidelined him last year were things of the past.Even the crowd at MetLife Stadium was into his return, chanting Cruzzzz.It was unreal, Cruz said. It kind of gave me gsebumps.Even though he felt rusty, Cruz was excited.It felt gd to put that jersey on again and go out there with my teammates, from the warmup, the pregame, and then during the game to be in the position to make a play and be out there running routes against an opponent, it felt gd, Cruz said.Cruzs only catch came on a quick pass to the right from Eli Manning on the first play from scrimmage in the second half.That ball felt like it was forever in the air before it got to my hands, but it was gd to kind of catch that ball and get a little contact, get a little hit out of bounds, and hopefully I can build on that, Cruz said. But it was definitely gd to get one in.Cruz got a step on the secondary early in the second quarter, but Manning was under pressure and underthrew the receiver.I had to come, turn back inside and kind of go after the ball, Cruz said. Thought I had a shot until I saw (Marcus) Gilchrist come late, but I definitely had a step on the DB at the time. So I think if Eli was untouched I think we had a shot.The Jets treated Cruz with some respect. Cornerback Darrelle Revis lined up opposite him on several plays.I think he lks fine, Revis said of Cruz. I just think, especially with a major knee injury, your mind plays tricks on you because youre scared to make a certain cut because you got injured. The injurys always replaying back. Im sure after he continues to strengthen it and keeps on getting stronger, hell be back to the old Victor Cruz that we always used to see.The Giants (1-2) finish the preseason at home Thursday night against New England. Its a game that starters usually dont play much, if at all.Cruz, however, wants to play in what could be considered his final tuneup before the season opener at Dallas.Do I need to play? I think its just a matter of continuing to understand what we want to accomplish as a team and as a game plan and from a receiving corps, Cruz said. I think I can go out there Sept. 11 and be OK.Giants coach Ben McAd said it would have been nice to get Cruz the ball earlier in the game, but he felt the receiver lked comfortable and confident.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Sports Writer Dennis Waszak Jr. contributed to this report.Cheap Air Max Wholesale .com) - The women will also have a new champion at the Australian Open. Discount Air Max Shoes .ca NHL Power Rankings for the second straight week, ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Colorado Avalanche. http://www.wholesaleairmax.net/ . Then the Pacers gave Oladipo and his Orlando teammates the cold shoulder. Paul Georges buzzer-beating 3-pointer at the end of the third quarter spurred a 21-4 run, finally sending Indiana past the Magic 97-87 in a tougher-than-expected opening night matchup. Cheap Air Max China . The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Lions have not announced the hiring, which was first reported by ESPN. Lombardi, the grandson of former Green Bay Hall of Fame coach Vince Lombardi, has been an offensive assistant on Sean Paytons New Orleans staff since 2007. Wholesale Air Max China . After a replay, the winner will meet Sunderland in the quarterfinals. Sagbo did well to control Sone Alukos right cross and fire past Brighton goalkeeper Peter Brezovan. Aluko was making his first start in four months after recovering from an Achilles injury.RALEIGH, N.C. -- A receiver rushed for a touchdown. A running back threw for a score. Boston College tried anything and everything to finally end its long ACC losing streak.It worked.Running back Davon Jones threw a 14-yard touchdown pass to Tommy Sweeney on a trick play with 4:43 left, and BC earned its first Atlantic Coast Conference victory since 2014 by beating North Carolina State 21-14 on Saturday.Coach Steve Addazio said he told them (at halftime) on both sides of the ball, were going after them with everything weve got.Weve all got each others back, he added. Lets just let it hang out. Lets roll. Were rolling. ... We went on the offensive and rolled it out there.Receiver Jeff Smith rushed 60 yards for a touchdown for BCs first touchdown and Patrick Towles was 18 of 33 for 204 yards to help the Eagles (4-4, 1-4) snap a 12-game league losing streak and win a conference game for the first time since defeating Syracuse 23 months ago.I know its one game ... but we tk a step, Addazio said. An important step.Whats statistically the worst offense in the ACC outgained N.C. State 386-338, held a 168-31 advantage in yards rushing and used some trickery to take the lead for gd.Towles tk a shotgun snap and handed off to Jones, who headed toward the right side before stopping and tossing to Sweeney. Towles then hit Sweeney for the 2-point conversion that made it a seven-point game.The Wolfpack had a first-and-goal at the BC 2 before Kamrin Mre picked off Ryan Finleys fade pass to Stephen Louis in the end zone with 15 to play and the Eagles ran out the clock.Finley finished with a career-best 307 yards passing with two touchdowns -- a 79-yard catch-and-run to BraLon Cherry, and a 23-yard score to Kelvin Harmon -- but threw two interceptions for N.C. State (4-4, 1-3), which has lost three straight.There were plays that we could have made but didnt. There were calls that we could have done better and didnt, Wolfpack coach Dave Doeren said.THE TAKEAWAYBoston College: The streak is over. The Eagles kept finding ways to lose conference gamees, following up last years 0-for-the-ACC with four league losses this year -- two by blowout, two much closer.dddddddddddd This was unquestionably a step forward for a program trying to claw back to relevance in a top-heavy division.Addazio said of the effects of losing on his young team: Its been a haul on them. But itll make us stronger.N.C. State: Theres no sugarcoating this one for the Wolfpack, who lked nothing like the team that came within a missed field goal of upsetting No. 3 Clemson. Instead it felt like a carryover from a 54-13 loss at No. 5 Louisville.Were just letting that (Clemson) game haunt us, defensive end Bradley Chubb said. Everybodys still thinking in the past, not trying to move forward, and weve just got to move forward.We cant let that one game keep beating us, Chubb added. Once we get past that one game, the skys the limit.So now N.C. State will have to pull at least one significant upset to earn bowl eligibility. The Wolfpack still must face No. 12 Florida State, No. 21 North Carolina and a Miami team that earlier this month was in the top 10.KEY STATThe Wolfpack cant be happy about its complete inability to get the ball to its best player. Jaylen Samuels had one catch for eight yards and was targeted just three times.ANOTHER KEY STATN.C. State couldnt get anything going on the ground, finishing with 31 yards rushing a week after setting a season low with 14 yards on the ground against the Cardinals. The Wolfpack didnt crack positive rushing yards in this one until there were about 6 minutes left in the third quarter.UP NEXTBoston College: Plays host to No. 5 Louisville on Saturday.N.C. State: Gets its last chance to knock off a ranked Atlantic Division opponent Saturday when No. 12 Florida State visits.---Follow Joedy McCreary at http://twitter.com/joedyap. His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/joedy-mccreary---More AP college ftball: tball.ap.org" target="_blank">www.collegeftball.ap.org ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 320 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen