cCallum, 43, who is gearing up for his 20th

in Bewerbung 05.05.2019 11:26
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

Fernando Alonso says his Mexican Grand Prix was compromised as sn as Carlos Sainz forced him onto the grass with a strange move on the opening lap.Alonso was fuming on the radio after the incident with his fellow Spaniard, who he enjoyed a duel with in the closing laps of the U.S. Grand Prix this weekend. After that fight Sainz admitted it had been special battling his boyhd hero.The pair nearly came to blows in the opening stages in Mexico, with Sainz moving across in front of the unsighted Alonso, who did well not to lose control of the No. 14 car after jumping across the grass on the exit of Turn 3. Alonso is certain the incident ruined his opening stint at least.We could have passed Sainz during the first lap, but he says he didnt see me when he pushed me onto the grass, he said. I nearly spun in the middle of the field, it was a strange move from his side. That compromised our race, at least the first part of it. We stopped earlier because we spent 40 laps behind Carlos without being able to overtake.Both our cars were stuck behind, so we tried to split the strategies and this time it was my turn to try a two-stops strategy. In the end we ended up in the same positions, Jenson and I. but if the first lap had gone down normally maybe we could have fought for points.Sainz, who finished 16th, was handed a five-second penalty for the incident, something he feels was harsh given it occurred in opening corners when cars are going wheel-to-wheel.Probably on the harsh side, because at the start you cannot lk 360-degrees, he said post-race. When I saw him I saw him late, but its not like he was side-by-side with me. The overlap was pretty small, and he tk it flat out - gd for him, it was brave. Ive seen people not get a penalty for much worse.If I put Fernando in a dangerous situation Im sorry for that, but its racing, its lap one. Im not going to give up my position for free, especially when Im nearly one full car [length] ahead. You never expect to have one guy there, close to a kerb on traction with the soft tyre, when you have more grip on the super-soft.Hydro Flask For Cheap . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shtout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. Discount Hydro Flask Cheap . Belfort (24-10) needed just 77 seconds to down Henderson in the headlining bout of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson" event at Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil. The fight served as a rematch of the pairs 2006 meeting, which Henderson won by decision. http://www.discounthydroflaskcheap.com/ . -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Farmar will be out for roughly four weeks after tearing his left hamstring. Hydro Flask Sale . Pedro scored from a pass by Lionel Messi in the 33rd minute and added two more goals in the 47th and 72nd after Valdes saved his second penalty in four days following his stop in Wednesdays 4-0 over Ajax in the Champions League. Hydro Flask Clearance . - Goaltender Philippe Desrosiers of the Rimouski Oceanic has broken a shutout record that was only three months old in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.Hosting the Grey Cup game was often the kiss of death for CFL teams. Prior to 2011, only three clubs had ever won it as the host city -- the 1994 B.C. Lions, 77 Montreal Alouettes and 72 Hamilton Tiger-Cats. But B.C. and the Toronto Argonauts have bucked that tradition with convincing Grey Cup victories in their home stadiums the past two seasons. This years Grey Cup will be played Nov. 24 at Mosaic Stadium. But recent history has convinced Saskatchewan Roughriders head coach Corey Chamblin that his team is destined to reap the benefits of home-field advantage playing the big game before its rabid fans. "If it was guaranteed like that, then Id start playing the 6-49 and find a pattern there," Chamblin said with a chuckle. "If I had to put a percentage on it, Id say Ive thought about that (continuing recent Grey Cup trend) maybe one per cent. "I honestly think it just happens that way, I dont think guys play with any extra juice or anything like that. Now, it would be great being at our house but I dont think about whats happened the last two years." The 2013 season kicks off Thursday night with Winnipeg hosting the Montreal Alouettes at Investors Group Field. The Bombers were scheduled to move into the new stadium last year but construction delays forced them to remain at Canad Inns Stadium. The Hamilton Tiger-Cats visit Toronto on Friday night to renew their long-standing rivalry. The Argonauts are scheduled to unfurl their 2012 championship banner prior to the contest. Later on Friday, the B.C. Lions are at Calgary in a rematch of last years West Division final won by the Stampeders. The Edmonton Eskimos host Saskatchewan on Saturday to cap the opening week. Saskatchewan last won the Grey Cup in 2007 but came agonizingly close in 2009 when Damon Duvals 33-yard field goal on the final play earned Montreal a 28-27 victory. Duval had missed from 43 yards out to seemingly give the Riders a 27-25 win, but a t many men penalty gave Duval a reprieve from 10 yards closer. The Riders will lk to improve last years 8-10 record that left them third in the conference before losing a 36-30 semifinal decision to Calgary. GM Brendan Taman tk steps in that direction this off-season, signing defensive back Dwight Anderson, linebackers Rey Williams and Tristan Black and defensive linemen John Chick and Ricky Foley as free agents while trading for defensive lineman Jermaine McElveen. But his biggest move was acquiring slotback Geroy Simon from B.C. in January. The six-ft, 198-pound Simon is the CFLs all-time receiving yards leader and needs just 29 catches to break Ben Cahns league mark of 1,017 career receptions. "Theres definitely a sense of excitement around here with all the additions that have been made," said Foley, the top Canadian in Torontos 35-22 win over Calgary in the 100th Grey Cup last year. "As a veteran, I know you dont win the Grey Cup on paper and every team made moves in the off-season to put themselves in a position to win it. "But I think its known around the league what this team has done, the guys theyve brought in and what theyre trying to do and theyre making that push for the hometown Cup." Simon was a two-time Grey Cup champion and six-time all-star over 12 seasons in B.C. but missed five games last year with hamstring ailments. He finished with 54 catches for 700 yards and two TDs, the first time in 10 seasons Simon hadnt cracked the 1,000-yard receiving plateau. Saskatchewan is counting on the 37-year-old returning to form and taking some heat off speedy Weston Dressler (94 catches, 1,206 yards, 13 TDs). "Obviously, his on-field play speaks for itself," said Taman. "His value to our team on and off the field is going to be immense.dddddddddddd "Geroys got some points to prove to a lot of people he still can play so I think theres a lot of bonuses to doing it." The addition of Simon certainly bsts Saskatchewans experience level, but Chamblin said a successful squad needs a blend of veteran savvy and youth. "If I was a position coach, Id just take the younger guy because Id want to mould him my way," Chamblin said. "But as far as being a head coach, youve got to have a balance of both." Getting out of the West Division wont be easy for the Riders as B.C. (league-best 13-5 record last year) and Calgary (defending conference champions) both lk strong. New Edmonton GM Ed Hervey takes over a team that despite its 7-11 record still made the playoffs last year. Meanwhile in Toronto, quarterback Ricky Ray and CFL MVP Chad Owens both return to help the Argos defend their title. But gone are defensive linemen Foley, Ron Flemons and Kevin Huntley (both released), Armondo Armstead (New England Patriots, NFL) and Adriano Belli (retired), linebackers Black and Ejiro Kuale (free agent, Montreal), defensive backs Jordan Younger (retired), Pacino Horne (released) and Evan McCollough (free agent, Hamilton) and kicker/punter Noel Prefontaine (released). Two East Division clubs will sport new head coaches in 2013. Kent Austin, who guided Saskatchewan to its 07 title, returns to the CFL sidelines with Hamilton while Dan Hawkins takes over in Montreal. Austin takes over a Tiger-Cats squad that finished tied with Winnipeg with a league-worst 6-12 record. Austin, a Grey Cup champion as a player, assistant coach and head coach, faces two big challenges with the Ticats. Theyre minus big-play receiver Chris Williams, who remains embroiled in a bitter contract dispute, and must play their home games in Guelph, Ont., while a new facility is being built where venerable Ivor Wynne Stadium once std. The Ticats are scheduled to move into the new stadium, which will host the 2015 Pam American Games soccer competition, next season. Hawkins, 52, begins his first season in Canada with huge shoes to fill. He replaces Marc Trestman, who guided Montreal to a 59-31 regular-season record and two Grey Cup titles in five years before becoming the Chicago Bears head coach. Hawkins spent the last two seasons as a college ftball analyst at ESPN but possesses an extensive NCAA coaching resume. He has little familiarity with three-down ftball, but Trestman also had no previous CFL coaching experience when he arrived in Montreal. Fortunately for Hawkins, quarterback Anthony Calvillo, 40, returns for a 20th CFL season. Pro ftballs all-time passing leader flourished under Trestman, winning two Grey Cups and two CFL outstanding player awards while being named a league all-star three times over their five seasons together. But Calvillo isnt the leagues oldest player. That distinction belongs to B.C. kicker Paul McCallum, 43, who is gearing up for his 20th CFL campaign. Ironically, with Ottawa slated to return to the CFL next season, McCallum is the lone remaining active player to have played for the former Rough Riders franchise, which folded in 1996. The CFL wont have RONA as a national sponsor this year and Scotiabank is scheduled to leave at seasons end. But its new TV deal should soften the blow. League sources say the CFLs five-year agreement with TSN/RDS is worth about $43 million annually, almost triple the existing deal which expires at seasons end. This years 77 league games (72 regular season, four playoff and Grey Cup) will be televised. The 2014 broadcast schedule will expand to 84 contests with Ottawas expected return. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 32 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen