rst half, Bilic added. They scored a goal on the counter attack, but we didnt lose shape and composure, and we were rewarded wit

in Bewerbung 05.05.2019 11:26
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

FRISCO, Texas -- Tyron Smith and Travis Frederick signed lucrative second contracts with Dallas after starting right away as first-round picks, and Zack Martin is next.The Cowboys have made significant investments in their offensive line for five years, and its paying off for two rkies and budding stars in quarterback Dak Prescott and running back Ezekiel Elliott.Dallas doesnt even miss the injured franchise leader in passing yards and touchdowns, Tony Romo. And opposing defenses are certainly noticing.Now I see why hes got 100 million dollars on his line, Cincinnati cornerback Adam Jones said after last weeks 28-14 loss to his former team and former boss, Dallas owner Jerry Jones. Some of those holes my daughter could have run through.The Cowboys (4-1), who visit Green Bay (3-1) on Sunday, hadnt drafted a lineman in the first round since Jones bought the team in 1989 when they tk Smith ninth overall in 2011 thinking he would eventually be their left tackle.Two years later, Frederick went 31st, then Martin at No. 16 the year after that.Three first-rounders in four years, followed by an eight-year, $98 million extension for Smith that pushed the total value of his deal over $100 million and made him the second player after Romo in franchise history to hit that mark.This preseason, Frederick signed a six-year, $56 million extension that makes him the highest-paid center in the NFL.Martin figures to get something in the range of $10 million per season -- tops among the leagues right guards at the moment. And its at the bottom of his list of concerns.We focus on whats important, Martin said. Its not hard to stay on the straight and narrow in that rm.Doug Free, a 32-year-old right tackle in his 10th season, has been the other constant on the line the past five years.Ron Leary, undrafted four years ago, started at left guard for two years before the addition of Lael Collins, a projected first-rounder who went undrafted last year because his name surfaced in a murder investigation just before the draft. Collins replaced Leary last year, but Leary is starting again with Collins sidelined by a toe injury.Frederick credits former Dallas center Phil Costa because he says Costa knew the job was going to Frederick and his teammate still taught me everything that he knew. Martin says he was just following the example of fellow first-rounders Smith and Frederick.And Frederick said Leary and Collins worked through a potentially awkward situation with both staying on the roster after Collins tk over. Leary asked for a trade that never came in the offseason, but was ready when Collins went down.With Leary starting again, its the same line that blocked for NFL rushing champion DeMarco Murray in 2014. Now Elliott is the league leader with 546 yards through five games.I think the common denominator is the group, Frederick said. The group helped bring me along the right way. It would have been really easy for those guys to say, `Oh, hes a rkie, were not going to help him out.While Elliott struggled with a per-carry average of less than 3 yards in an opening loss to the New York Giants, the average has risen steadily since. The former Ohio State star had his first breakaway touchdown against the Bengals, a 60-yarder that put Dallas up 28-0.Prescott has been sacked seven times, matching the second-lowest total in the league. The protection probably has something to do with him being eight passes away from breaking Tom Bradys record of 162 attempts without an interception to start a career.Tight end Jason Witten, in his 14th season, says Fredericks intelligence helped him master Dallas system quickly, and Martins athletic ability helped him transition to guard after spending significant time at tackle at Notre Dame.And of course Tyron, Witten said. If you can pick one guy, thats who youre picking.And Smith started a trend thats paying off for the Cowboys.O-linemen, we kind of put them in this box, Witten said. But when you have success, it can get to anybody. That group, if anything they put their head down even more and go to work.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Schuyler Dixon on Twitter at https://twitter.com/apschuylerStitched Nike NBA Jerseys . The 15th-ranked Canadian men lost the opening two games of their European tour: 19-15 to No. 17 Georgia and 21-20 to No. Wholesale NBA Jerseys Store . Bryzgalov stopped 25 shots on Saturday in the Oklahoma City Barons 4-1 victory over the Abbotsford Heat. The Oilers signed Bryzgalov to a one-year $2 million contract last Friday after shedding payroll by dealing defenceman Ladislav Smid to the Flames. http://www.cheapjerseysnba.com/ . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. Cheap Authentic NBA Jerseys . Andreas Johnson had a goal and two assists while Jacob de la Rose also scored for Sweden (2-0-0). Esa Lindell and Rasmus Ristolainen replied for Finland (1-1-0) Lindell opened the scoring for Finland just 41 seconds into the game, but the hosts quickly regained their composure and tied the score less than four minutes later on Wennbergs first of the game. NBA Jerseys Outlet .S. Open champion Justin Rose birdied the first hole with a blind shot he hit to a ft of the pin, and he stayed in front Tuesday until he completed a 4-under 67 for a two-shot lead over Jason Dufner in PGA Grand Slam of Golf.West Ham boss Slaven Bilic sympathised with referee Jon Moss after Leicester earned a dramatic point in a in a 2-2 draw at the King Power Stadium..Trailing 1-0 following Jamie Vardys first-half opener, the Hammers turned the match on its head with Andy Carrolls penalty and Aaron Cresswells stunning strike giving the visitors a 2-1 lead heading into stoppage time against the 10-man league leaders.However, Jeffrey Schlupp was controversially adjudged to have been fouled by Carroll right at the death, allowing Leonardo Ulloa the opportunity to snatch a dramatic equaliser from the penalty spot, and the Argentine made no mistake. Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri praised his sides ability to earn a late 2-2 draw against West Ham While evidently frustrated to have seen the penalty given, Bilic actually offered some sympathy to the predicament Moss was put in.We are gutted, Bilic told Sky Sports. We feel that in the end we did enough to win the game.It was hard for the referee. Every ground, not only here, are asking for handball and a foul. I feel for him a little, but it was not a penalty. Watch Aaron Cresswells strike which gave West Ham a 2-1 lead at Leicester The player [Schlupp] is touched and he goes down, it is not a penalty, but with the pressure and situation with them being top of the table and 30,000 people screaming for a penalty, it is hard for him.ddddddddddddLeicester do have reason to question whether we should have been given a penalty, as they have been doing that all season, they play that kind of ftball. Most of the time they get away with that. West Ham striker Andy Carroll disputed the last-minute Leicester penalty that was given against him Despite the late setback, the result does see the Hammers keep pace in the race for the top four, and the nature of the performance in coming back from a goal down did please Bilic.We showed character and quality, even in the first half, Bilic added. They scored a goal on the counter attack, but we didnt lose shape and composure, and we were rewarded with the penalty. Leonardo Ulloa of Leicester City celebrates after his late equaliser We coped well in the second half with their counter attacks and we came back. After the equaliser we didnt stop. We were searching for a winner with full-backs up.Cresswell scored the goal from the position of a left winger. It is a big frustration for us. We deserved to win the game.Also See:Ulloa pinches point for FoxesAs it happenedCarroll: Pen was harshGet a £10 free bet! ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 70 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen