lures, but was stymied because the paperwork

in Bewerbung 30.04.2019 10:58
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

BLACKSBURG, Va. -- BLACKSBURG, Va. -- When asked to give an assessment of his hot shting Tuesday night, Ahmed Hill described a feeling that every basketball player desires.I didnt really have to aim, Hill said.Hill scored a career-high 20 points to lead Virginia Tech to a 99-73 victory over High Point.Hill missed last season with a knee injury, but in the second game of his return, he hit 7 of 12 from the flr and connected on a career-high six 3-pointers for the Hokies (2-0), who never trailed and hit 12 3-pointers. Seth Allen added 17 points.Andre Fox paced High Point (1-1) with a career-high 23 points.Virginia Tech blitzed the Panthers right from the opening tip. The Hokies made 14 of their first 15 shots, including six 3-pointers in racing to a 24-point lead less than nine minutes into the game. Hill hit half of his 3-pointers in that stretch.I dont know that I could have necessarily predicted his field-goal percentage and things of that nature, Virginia Tech coach Buzz Williams said of Hill, who is shting 52.9 percent (9 of 17) from beyond the 3-point arc this season. He holds himself to an incredibly high standard, and his work ethic is superb.High Point had no answer for the Hokies on the perimeter, as Hill and Allen combined for 25 of the Hokies 60 first-half points. Virginia Tech shot 71.9 percent (23 of 32) in the first half and hit eight 3s. The Hokies shot 56.1 percent for the game (37 of 66).We had a game plan, but we didnt execute it very well, High Point coach Scott Cherry said. We had to help t much and gave them gd lks. They had wide-open ones. Give them a lot of credit. They made them.BIG PICTUREHigh Point: The Panthers will need better games from Anthony Lindauer -- one of just three seniors on the roster. He scored just four points after scoring 16 in the season opener for a High Point team that features seven newcomers.Virginia Tech: With Kerry Blackshear Jr. sidelined with a lower leg injury, the Hokies are searching for help in the post, and freshman Khadim Sy may be the answer. Sy scored 14 points and grabbed six rebounds.MORE ON HILLS BIG NIGHTHill was a 3-pointer away from tying the single-game schl record held by teammate Justin Bibbs. He also set career highs in field goals made and 3-pointers attempted.I was comfortable coming into the season, but Im still shocked that Im playing this way, he said.MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTIONThe Hokies are preparing for a 10-day trip to the West Coast that has them playing three games in the Wden Legacy tournament in California and then a game in Michigan as part of the ACC-Big Ten Challenge. After a somewhat lackluster performance in the opener, Virginia Tech tk a step forward, according to Williams, whose team leaves Monday.I didnt think we were bad in game 1, but I thought we were trying to justify t much of our inadequacies and playing it on, `Well, it was game 1, he said. We need to hurry up . and take the next step. I thought, for sure, we did that.UP NEXTHigh Point returns home to play in the High Point University Classic. The Panthers play three games in three days, starting with UNC Greensboro on Friday.Virginia Tech will be lking to go 3-0 to open the season for the first time since 2012 when it takes on VMI at home on Saturday. m.com/" target="_blank">Cheap Nike Zm Shoes Free Shipping Worldwide . -- Cam Newton pranced into the end zone, placed his hands over his chest and did his familiar Superman pose. m.com/" target="_blank">Nike Zm Shoes On Sale .Y. -- Syracuse has turned up the defence at the right time all season, and when High Point threatened to pull off a monumental upset the second-ranked Orange did what they do best with their quick hands and savvy play. m.com/" target="_blank">http://www.cheapnikezm.com/ . Hazard cut in from the left and scored with a swerving right-fted shot for ninth goal of the season, which proved to be enough for the victory despite Chelseas forwards again lacking a cutting edge up front. m.com/" target="_blank">Nike Zm Wholesale . Houston won 3-0 to advance to face New York in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Last in the game, Di Vaio and Romero got into a shoving match with several Houston players. Romero appeared to elbow and kick Houston defender Kofi Sarkodie. m.com/" target="_blank">Cheap Nike Zm Shoes China .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. RIO DE JANEIRO -- If you enjoyed weightlifting at the 2012 Olympics, you might be confused about where your favorites have gone.The reigning gold, silver and bronze medalists werent around Friday for the womens 75-kilogram class because theyre all suspended. Spains Lidia Valentin Perez was fourth in London in 2012, but is now waiting to see whether shell be upgraded to top spot.While Valentin Perez said she didnt want to talk about the doping threat to her sport after winning bronze Friday at her second Olympics, she has been vocal on social media.For a clean sport with values, reads a message she posted to Instagram shortly before the games, accompanied by the Olympic rings. Because when an athlete is doping they stop being an athlete, and this stops being a sport.Indeed, weightlifting has been so ravaged by doping cases that many events are almost unrecognizable from just four years ago. Out of 45 medalists from London, 12 have so far failed retests of their Olympic doping samples, with others banned at events like the world championships.Thursdays winner Rim Jong Sim comes from the secretive and tightly state-controlled North Korean sports system, which has produced numerous doping cases across many sports and currently has five top lifters serving bans.Rim was utterly dominant, lifting 121 kilograms in the snatch and 153 in the clean and jerk for a total of 274, way ahead of the 258 managed by Belarusian silver medalist Darya Naumava, or 257 for Valentin Perez.When I saw that I secured the first place in the competition, the first thing I thought was that I made beloved Great Leader KKim Jong-Un happy and I just want to see him as sn as possible, she said through an interpreter.dddddddddddd As for my family, I just meet them again once Im in North Korea, so I have nothing special to say.In her spare time, Rim said she listens to patriotic music about North Koreas leaders.North Korea won four gold medals in London four years ago but has started slowly in Rio, with only two silver and two bronze medals before Rims win.Rim was gold medalist in the 69kg class four years ago and said a hard training schedule and advanced sports medicine had helped her overcome injury to win again despite moving up a class.There was also a shadow over the silver for Naumava because the International Weightlifting Federation had tried to ban the entire Belarus team from Rio over repeated doping test failures, but was stymied because the paperwork on those cases was not completed in time by the International Olympic Committee.Throughout the Olympics, weightlifters finishing behind athletes from countries they consider suspect have suggested they could be upgraded when drug test results come back, or expressed suspicion about rapid improvements by athletes with a checkered past. At the top end of the sport, denunciations of drug cheats are comparatively rare, though Valentin Perez is changing that.Commenting on yet another round of failed tests earlier this summer, the Spanish lifter let her frustration show on social media. Say NO doping, she wrote. STOP DOPING! ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 89 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen