friends and all the fans. Everybody speaks Russian.

in Bewerbung 29.04.2019 10:17
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

OXFORD, Miss. -- Mississippis Sebastian Saiz has a wide 6-ft-9, 240-pound body and an aggressive demeanor around the basket. When it comes to rebounding, his strategy is extremely simple.I just try to get them all, Saiz said with a grin.The senior nearly did on Monday night. It was his 19th rebound that led to the game-winning tip-in with 3.3 seconds left and lifted the Rebels over UMass 90-88.Ole Miss (2-0) trailed for almost the entire second half before a late rally delivered the victory. On the Rebels final offensive play, DeAndre Burnett drove to the basket, but missed on a contested layup. Saiz was there for the tip-in and UMass missed on its final 3-point attempt.Saizs clutch basket capped a frantic 11-0 run for the Rebels in the final minutes. UMass tk an 88-79 lead on a Donte Clark jumper with 3:49 remaining, but the Minutemen never scored again.At the end, I thought we were in attack mode, Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy said. They tried to pressure. When you pressure you expose the open flr. I thought we made some plays at the basket. We were fortunate.Saiz finished with 22 points and the 19 rebounds were a career high. He made 4 of 9 shots from the field and 14 of 18 free throws. Cullen Neal added 21 points.UMass (1-1) fell into an early 10-point hole, but rallied to take a 48-40 lead by halftime. Freshman DeJon Jarreau led the Minutemen with 25 points while Zach Lewis added 20.Both teams fought through foul trouble late in the game during a whistle-filled evening. UMass was called for 29 fouls while Ole Miss had 28.UMass coach Derek Kellogg said the outcome was frustrating, but it was a gd learning experience for his young team.Id like them to have a lot of different emotions, Kellogg said. The biggest is this should bother us and hurt us. But also a feeling that we opened some eyes that we can play some gd basketball when were clicking on all cylinders.QUOTABLEKennedy on Ole Miss struggling to handle the ball with 17 turnovers: From the naked eye, Im lking at it like a fire sale where I am. Im thinking what in the world are we doing? Because I know what we practice, and I just dont see it transfer over. But it lks like were just not comfortable.BIG PICTUREUMass: It was a tough night for the Minutemen, who had control of the game throughout most of the second half only to see it slip away in the final minutes. UMass has to be encouraged by the play of Jarreau, who scored at will at times against the Rebels.Ole Miss: It was a monster game for Saiz, who the Rebels are counting on to have a big season. Neals consistent scoring so far this year has been an added bonus.UP NEXTUMass: The Minutemen return home to face Temple on Thursday.Ole Miss: The Rebels face Oral Roberts on Friday in Paradise Jam in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands.-----Follow David Brandt on Twitter: www.twitter.com/davidbrandtAP . AP College Basketball website: www.collegebasketball.ap.org . Air Jordan 11 Nike Outlet . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shtaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . Wholesale Jordan 11 Cheap . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. From Pierre LeBrun While Anaheim GM Bob Murray said earlier this season he was not going to trade Jonas Hiller despite the fact hes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, some sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun that Murray might be willing to move another goalie. http://www.airjordan11outlet.com/ .C. at the helm of the top team in the Eastern Conference. His tenure as the GM in Vancouver was all t brief. Though he led the Canucks to what was then a franchise record-shattering campaign in just his second season, Nonis was gone and replaced one year later. Jordan 11 Cheap Real . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. Air Jordan 11 Shoes For Sale . All of the scoring came in the final 20:04. Lucic scored on a power play at 15:46 of the third period, when he tipped a shot over Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen for a 3-1 lead.When Andrei Kirilenko opted out of a $10.2 million contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves, the 32-year-old forward did so presumably lking for one last long-term deal of his career. Then the Russian star decided to sign a two-year deal with the Brklyn Nets that will pay him just over $3 million this season, and the conspiracy theories immediately started. The Nets are owned by Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov, so surely there was some backrm, nudge-nudge agreement for further compensation under the table, right? "No," Kirilenko said Thursday during a conference call. "Those type of rumours I cant control. I guess it comes from the history because of Russia, the KGB. I dont know what to think. I played 12 years in the NBA. It makes it lk funny for those type of accusations." Earlier this summer, Prokhorov chalked up the talk to the kind of suspicion that is rted in cinema and Cold War thinking, not modern reality. "I think old stereotypes, they are very hard to beat and to break," Prokhorov said. "And I want to thank our fans and members of the press, because they have been very quick to support us. And I respect all the NBA rules, and we play by the NBA rules. But I want just to stress once again, like with the luxury tax, I will do whatever I can in order to win championship, but under the NBA rules, please make no mistake about this." Kirilenko said the reason he chose Brklyn is much simpler. After spending his first 11 seasons in the NBA with the Utah Jazz and Timberwolves, his motivation has changed from making money to chasing championships. "I play in NBA for 12 years and I think there is a time to take a shot to win a title," Kirilenko said. After spending the lockout year playing in Moscow, a rejuvenated Kirilenko averaged 12.4 points, 5.7 rebounds, 1.5 steals and shot 50.7 per cent for the Timberwolves last season. He also helped turn a team that had struggled mightily on defence for years into a respectable unit on that end of the flr. His contributions had team President David Kahn assuring Kirilenko that he would get a new, long-term deal from the Wolves this summer. But Kahn was fired after the season and new team President Flip Saunders wasnt willing to give Kirilenko a three or four-year deal worth more than $30 million, numbers that were discussed during the season. So Kirilenko opted out of the final year of his deal with Minnesota and hit the maarket.dddddddddddd "At that time I was feeling I want to be in Minnesota for a long time," Kirilenko said. "But there were some changes to Minnesota and I really respect Flip Saunders and I respect his decision that he decided not to sign me for a long time. I cant do anything with that. That kind of opened up all my options. I start lking to other teams and start comparing situations to other teams." He had conversations with several teams, and the Timberwolves did offer him a three-year deal that would have paid him $6 million to $7 million annually to anchor the teams defence. But Prokhorov was in the middle of a summer spending spree, swinging a massive trade to land Celtics stars Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Jason Terry that would send the Nets luxury tax bill skyrocketing. Its the kind of bold, brash moves that Kirilenko watched Prokhorov pull off when the two were teamed up for Russian powerhouse CSKA Moscow, and he liked what he saw. "Hes always been known as a guy who is really trying to get the result," Kirilenko said. "Hes a competitor and he wants to win. Its always great when your owner is really passionate about basketball." And the Russian rts dont hurt, either. When Prokhorov first bought the Nets, Kirilenko said he envisioned himself one day playing in Brklyn. He goes to New York, where there is a vibrant Russian community, another big plus for him. "Its a huge part," he said. "Its kind of reminding me that Im playing at home. In the lockout year I played back in Moscow and I feel so great that I had Russian friends and all the fans. Everybody speaks Russian. It makes you feel like you are home." Taking such a big pay cut certainly was a part of the discussions he had with his wife and children about the move. But they lked at living in New York, playing for Prokhorov and playing with a star-studded team that also includes Deron Williams, Brk Lopez and Joe Johnson, and decided they couldnt pass it up. "I understand the money is not that great, is not what I could have made," Kirilenko said. "If you take a lk at the situations, 10 years ago, Im not sure I wouldve taken that deal. Right now it was certainly best option possible to take the chance and win the trophy. Im not saying were going to win. ... But for first time in my career Im starting the season when I know we have a chance to win the whole thing." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 443 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen