won the interim title even if he won the bout. The

in Laberecke 28.04.2019 11:38
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Two days after striking out on an unexpected two-seam fastball from John Axford, Toronto slugger Josh Donaldson had a much better view of things when he faced the Oakland Athletics reliever again.This time Donaldson didnt get fled and prevented the Blue Jays from getting swept in their first series coming out of the All-Star break.Donaldson hit a tiebreaking two-run double off Axford with two outs in the ninth against his former team and Toronto held on to beat Oakland 5-3 on Sunday to avoid a series sweep.He just started throwing a two-seamer and I didnt really know he had that, Donaldson said of Axford. He busted it out on me (Friday), a gd pitch. Today I was able to see it and get in a favorable count where I could zone it up more.Donaldson, who was traded to the Blue Jays by the As prior to the 2015 season, also singled and scored in the first inning to help Toronto win after Oakland starter Rich Hill left the game with a blister on his finger in the opening inning.Troy Tulowitzki homered while Russell Martin and Justin Smoak added two hits apiece for Toronto.The Blue Jays needed it after losing their first two games coming out of the All-Star break to fall four games behind first place Baltimore in the AL East.We desperately needed that as a team, Toronto manager John Gibbons said. We had the little lead, they came back and tied it. Thats a big win for us.Smoak and Junior Lake hit consecutive one-out singles off John Axford (3-3) in the ninth. Devon Travis struck out lking before Donaldson lined a 2-1 pitch down the left-field line to drive in pinch-runner Andy Burns and Lake.Donaldson, who played in Oakland from 2010-14, was greeted with a rousing ovation and chants of MVP, MVP from the crowd of 21,626 at the Coliseum.This is where it all started for me so its always nice to see, Donaldson said. Theres a few faces over there I remember. Its gd to see the fans and be able to play out here.Jason Grilli (3-1) retired three batters for the win. Roberto Osuna pitched the ninth for his 19th save.Marcus Semien homered for the As.Nice little fight until the end, Oakland manager Bob Melvin said. They got a key hit when they had to in the ninth.Tulowitzki hit his 16th home run of the season off Sean Manaea in the fourth. Its Tulowitzkis eighth home run in 23 games since coming off the disabled list June 17.Semien became the fifth shortstop in As history to reach 20 home runs in one season with his solo shot off Toronto starter J.A. Happ in the sixth. Yonder Alonso added a tying pinch-hit two-run double in the same inning.HAPP HIT TWICEHapp had won six consecutive starts but left after getting hit by line drives twice, including once near his left elbow by Jake Smolinskis liner in the fifth. The Blue Jays lefty allowed three runs over 5 2/3 innings with five strikeouts and one walk. Hopefully hell be fine, but you never know if its going to stiffen up on him, Gibbons said. He gutted it out. That doesnt surprise me. Ive seen him get hit in the head.TRAINERS RMAthletics: Triggs was diagnosed with a bruised left calf. . Left-hander Ross Detwiler, acquired from the Cleveland Indians in exchange for cash, was sent to Triple-A Nashville.UP NEXTBlue Jays: RHP Aaron Sanchez (9-1) pitches the opener of a two-game series in Arizona on Tuesday. He has eight consecutive wins and a 2.87 ERA since suffering his lone loss of the season to Oakland on April 22.Athletics: RHP Kendall Graveman (5-6) starts against Houston on Monday at the Coliseum. Graveman beat the Astros in his most recent outing July 9. Roshes Shoes For Sale .C. - The Carolina Hurricanes have placed backup goalie Anton Khudobin on injured reserve with an unspecified lower-body injury. Nike Roshes Cheap Online . Denis Coderre, the former federal MP who was elected mayor on Nov. 3, has drawn the ire of some Montreal Canadiens. During last nights game he tweeted: "Hello? Can we get a one-way ticket to (minor-league) Hamilton for David Desharnais please. http://www.cheapnikeroshe.com/ . It was hard for Luck to pull off another comeback, or even get into the end zone, while standing on the sideline. Rivers threw a 22-yard touchdown pass to rkie Keenan Allen and Nick Novak kicked four field goals to give the Chargers a 19-9 victory against the Colts on Monday night. Clearance Nike Roshe . The Croatian served 21 aces and hit 42 winners against Sijsling, who double-faulted to give Cilic a 4-3 lead in the deciding set. "All the players, they know me and they were really happy to see me and they were really happy that this is over for me," Cilic said. Nike Roshe Buy Online . -- If this was Aaron Gordons final home game at Arizona, and it almost certainly was, then he went out in style. TORONTO -- UFCs featherweight division has been a confusing place in 2016. Max Holloway might be the one to give it some clarity.Holloway (17-3) claimed UFCs interim featherweight championship Saturday by defeating former lightweight champion Anthony Pettis via TKO in the third round. The 145-pound bout headlined UFC 206 inside Air Canada Centre.Referee Yves Lavigne stopped the fight with 10 seconds remaining in the third round. Pettis (19-6) had fallen to a crouched position and could only cover up from punches.The win sets up a future meeting between Holloway and official titleholder Jose Aldo.We couldnt fight Aldo, so I started calling it Jose Waldo, hashtag Wheres Jose Waldo? Holloway said. [UFC 208] Brklyn in February, lets get the f---ing real [title]! This is my ticket to Jose Waldo. You tell me when you find him.Holloway, out of Waianae, Hawaii, is now on a 10-fight win streak, third longest in UFC. He has not suffered a loss since a unanimous decision defeat to Conor McGregor in August 2013.It was actually McGregor who held up the weight class this year. The Irish star won the title last December by knocking out Aldo in 13 seconds and has since fought three times without making a defense. UFC was finally forced to take the belt from McGregor last month.Although McGregor (21-3) will likely point out that the next title fight will feature two men he beat, the 25-year-old Holloway has been nothing short of brilliant since the McGregor loss.Holloway piccked his shots Saturday, showing a clear respect for Pettis knockout ability.dddddddddddd Holloway played with the range in the first two rounds and eventually started to find timing on his right hand.He opened a cut over Pettis right eye in the second round and stuffed the Milwaukee natives attempts to get the fight to the ground. Holloway scored a couple of trip takedowns, but he refused to follow Pettis to the flr.The finish started with a spinning back kick to Pettis midsection, followed by a right hand to the head. Another kick landed to the body moments later, and Pettis appeared to be done.Pettis (19-6) would not have won the interim title even if he won the bout. The 29-year-old missed weight by three pounds Friday and said he will move back up to the 155-pound division.The first punch I threw, my right hand hit him on the top of the head and broke, Pettis said. Max Holloway is a beast. He std with me and got the belt.Its t much to make the cut. They literally had to pull me out of the sauna. I have to go up. I cant make 145. The weight cut is t hard.Once considered one of the top pound-for-pound fighters in the world, Pettis has now lost four of his past five fights.Aldo (26-2) won the interim title by defeating Frankie Edgar at UFC 200 in July. Aldo was promoted to the official champion when McGregor was stripped. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 24 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen