kled as Stephen Curry surpassed him as the consensus best

in Laberecke 28.04.2019 11:37
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- His golf clubs failed to arrive in Brazil when he did on Friday, so in a way, it is business as usual. Henrik Stenson has traveled around the world playing golf, and golf bags have a way showing up at odd times.It was a bit disconcerting to not have the tls that helped Stenson win The Open three weeks ago and contend at the PGA Championship last week.But the top-ranked golfer in the mens Olympic golf tournament nonetheless tk part in the opening ceremony on Friday, then nervously awaited the arrival of his clubs on Saturday. And by Sunday afternn, it was about finding his way around Rio and to the Olympic Golf Course, where full preparation begins Monday.Ive been lking forward to playing in Rio for quite some time, said Stenson, 40, who is ranked fifth in the world. Theres different aspects to it; being part of the Olympic movement and seeing an Olympic Games from kind of the inside. I think its going to be an experience of a lifetime for a sporting fan.And then of course if I can compete and compete well, if I make myself and my country happy, that would be something very special. I have a few nice trophies at home and it would be nice to hang an Olympic medal next to them. I think that would lk kind of cl.There is no doubt that Stenson bought into the Olympic golf idea long ago and didnt waver when it became apparent there were issues with the schedule, along with possible health and security concerns.Knowing it was going to be a hectic year from a schedule standpoint, Stenson made the decision to skip two World Golf Championship events: the WGC-Dell Match play, two weeks prior to the Masters; and the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational, which was two weeks prior to The Open.Stenson elected to play the BMW International Open the week after the U.S. Open, and the plan paid off as he won for the first time worldwide in more than a year. Then after skipping the BMW -- as well as the European Tours French Open -- Stenson used the Scottish Open to prepare for the following week at Royal Trn, where he shot a final-round 63 and set a major championship scoring record at 264.Few would have blamed Stenson if he had elected to pass on the Olympics, with the FedEx Cup playoffs lming as well as the Ryder Cup and the European Tours Race to Dubai.But he was never much bothered by the Zika virus scare.Im not afraid of mosquitoes; Im more afraid of bears, he said.Although the course designed specifically for the Olympics is home to plenty of wildlife, there had been no bear sightings to date.Ive always been all in, Stenson said. Im in a different situation and it might be the only time when its a competitive advantage to be 40-plus and done with the bambino thing. Ive got three kids at home and Im not lking to have any more. I might be in a different situation then, but the Zika virus is not a concern of mine and like I said, thats the one time when its gd to be 40-plus and done with the baby bm.Stenson was not alone in getting an early lk at the course on Sunday. Fellow Swede David Lingmerth was also on site, as was American Rickie Fowler and Germanys Martin Kaymer, who played both days of the weekend.A gd number of players trickled in to get acclimated to the course, and perhaps that becomes an advantage for them.He desperately would like to win the gold, Stensons long-time coach, Pete Cowen, said. Theres been a lot of negativity with golf in the Olympics, but youve got the guy who is the Usain Bolt of golf at the moment and hes going to the Olympics. That should be a massive positive. He definitely wants to win it.In Sweden, the Olympics are almost as important as a major. Hell probably get more kudos in Sweden for winning an Olympic gold than for The Open. He desperately wants to win it. And hes talked about winning it. Should be nice.Stenson is the highest-ranked player in the field because No. 1 Jason Day, No. 2 Dustin Johnson, No. 3 Jordan Spieth and No. 4 Jason Day all elected to withdraw from the Olympic tournament.It is their loss, Stenson said, and many others including Justin Rose, Masters champion Danny Willett, Sergio Garcia, Padraig Harrington, Bubba Watson and Fowler, to name a few, have been poised to make it a great experience.Like with any competition, five years down the line, youre not going to think about who wasnt there, Stenson said. Youre going to think about who won the medals and like any other tournament, whether its a World Golf Championships or a big tournament somewhere, theres always going to be a few names not being there.But thats not what you focus on. And hopefully thats not what we are going to focus on with the Olympic Games, either: who didnt go. Youre going to think about who went and won the medals. Air Jordan 3 Wholesale . Team physician Dr. Steve Traina performed the surgery Friday. Robinson was injured in a spill underneath the Nuggets basket during the first quarter of Wednesday nights loss to the Charlotte Bobcats. Jordan 3 For Sale Cheap . Kozun faked to the forehand and beat Monsters starter, Calvin Pickard, pad side in the second round for the winner. Spencer Abbott also scored in the shtout for the Marlies (25-13-4). http://www.wholesaleairjordan3.com/ . After slipping from the summit during the week, the Gunners overcame struggling Crystal Palace 2-0 on Sunday thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains second-half brace. Discount Jordan 3 Wholesale . -- If Henry Burris has his way, he will be the starting quarterback to lead the Hamilton Tiger-Cats back to the Grey Cup next year. Air Jordan 3 Online Shop . Now, with Game 6 set for Fenway Park and an 8:07 p.m. ET first pitch, the Detroit Tigers face the unenviable task of having to beat the Boston Red Sox twice, on the road, to advance to the World Series. For the sixth season in a row, ESPN.com is ranking the top players in the NBA. Who will be the best player this season?To get the final ranking, we asked our expert panel to vote on pairs of players.LeBron James vs. Stephen Curry. Russell Westbrk vs. Kevin Durant. Damian Lillard vs. Chris Paul.We asked, Which player will be better in 2016-17? To decide, voters had to consider both the quality and the quantity of each players contributions to his teams ability to win games.If you want to get involved in the discussion or just follow along, #NBArank is the Twitter hashtag to use. You also can follow along @ESPNNBA and on Facebk.On to the list ...1. LeBron JamesCavaliers | SF | @KingJamesLast years rank: 12016-17 projected RPM: 9.46Insider profile:?During the 2015-16 regular season, James appeared rankled as Stephen Curry surpassed him as the consensus best player in the world. In the NBBA Finals, James reclaimed that mantle by reincorporating the defense and shting that had sometimes abandoned him since his return to Cleveland.dddddddddddd James shot 34.4 percent on shots outside the paint in 2015-16 after struggling on jumpers in the 2015 playoffs, reducing his scoring to bully ball that proved inefficient at times against elite defensive wings. In his big games during the Finals, James hit from outside, opening up his pick-and-roll game and allowing him to blow by defenders forced to crowd him in isolation. If opponents help, James retains the vision only Larry Bird and Magic Johnson could match at his size.?Read more ?#NBArank 1-51: LeBron James2: Stephen Curry3: Kevin Durant4: Kawhi Leonard5: Russell Westbrk#NBArank 2016: The Top 200 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 29 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen