Dani approached and he was just too fast, second-pla

in Laberecke 28.04.2019 11:37
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

MINNEAPOLIS -- While Chris Sale is the bigger name among the Chicago White Sox left-handed starting pitchers, Jose Quintana has made his own name by entering Thursday as the American Leagues leader with a 2.77 ERA.Quintana wont be ending the day in the same position after being battered by the Minnesota Twins.Byron Buxton homered in his return to the majors, and Trevor Plouffe added a two-run shot as Minnesota beat Chicago 8-5, extending the White Sox losing streak to four games.Quintana (11-10) allowed seven runs and seven hits in five innings and saw his ERA rise to 3.05.A guy might get him on a fastball, Chicago manager Robin Ventura said. But, you know, his fastball command was great. It was coming out, had some life to it. Curveball-wise, it seemed like it was rolling in there somewhat. But youre talking about something thats pretty rare to go out there and have something like this.Quintana had only allowed three runs or more once in his previous eight starts.But Buxtons three-run homer capped a five-run second inning. After retiring the next 10 batters, Joe Mauer singled in the fifth and Plouffe followed with his 10th home run into the bullpens in left-center field.I got a couple of strikeouts, but I dont know, the two homers are what changed the game, Quintana said. I dont give up t many base hits, but the homers changed the game. I missed my spot a couple times and I paid for it.Ervin Santana (7-10) escaped trouble to win for the fourth time in five decisions. He gave up 11 hits and two walks, but allowed just two runs as the Twins snapped their 13-game losing streak, one off the franchise record for a season.Brandon Kintzler recorded his 13th save in 14 chances.Offense is a big reason the White Sox have gone 18-27 since the All-Star break. Chicago has scored 171 runs, the second-fewest in the league, since the break.The White Sox left runners in scoring position in each of the first five innings and left a total of 13 men on base in the game. Avisail Garcia showed the frustration when snapped his bat over his knee after his second strikeout of the game in the seventh.We left a lot of runs out there, Ventura said. When you lk up there and see youve left 10 guys and they didnt leave any at one point, that really kind of tells the tale more than (Quintana).Chicagos Todd Frazier hit his 34th home run to open the scoring in the second, and Jose Abreu connected for a two-run homer, his 20th, in the sixth.COME ON UPChicago added RHP Juan Minaya and C Kevan Smith from Triple-A Charlotte.Minaya, 25, was 5-6 with a 3.63 ERA and 47 strikeouts in 52 innings over 47 relief appearances since being claimed off waivers from Houston on June 22.Smith, 28, was recalled by the White Sox in April before going on the DL with a sacroiliac joint dysfunction without playing in a game. Smith was hitting .219 with eight home runs and 24 RBI for Charlotte this season.Minaya and Smith made their major league debuts in the eighth inning. Minaya pitched a scoreless inning. Smith lined out to center in his first at-bat.TRAINERS RMWhite Sox: SS Tim Anderson left the game in the third with a bruised right calf and was announced by the team as day to day. He was hit by line drive by teammate Melky Cabrera in the first. ... RHP Miguel Gonzalez (strained right groin) started a rehab assignment with Triple-A Charlotte on Thursday. Gonzalez tk the loss while allowing seven runs -- six earned -- in 4 1/3 innings. He struck out seven.UP NEXTRHP Kyle Gibson (5-8, 5.17 ERA) will start the second game of the four-game series for Minnesota on Friday against LHP Carlos Rodon (5-8, 3.91). Gibson has allowed nine earned runs over his past two starts but has given up just one earned run in 12 2/3 innings against the White Sox this season. Rodon has won his last three decisions and owns a 1.47 ERA in his past five starts. Cheap Nike React Running Shoes . Here are his mid-season NBA awards. MVP: (KEVIN DURANT-Thunder) - Has been sensational this season and more importantly, the most consistent player in the league. Considering that his team has been without star guard Russell Westbrk and with the free agent departure of sharpshter Kevin Martin, hes had to carry the majority of the load to not only keep his team afloat but more importantly, at an elite level. Cheap Nike React Shoes Online . "Theyve both been real gd," said Babcock. "Havent changed our minds." A decision has seemingly been made - Sundays Group B-deciding tilt against Finland ahead - but it could not have been an easy one. Price opened the tournament with a sturdy 19-save performance against the Norwegians, yielding just one goal. http://www.cheapnikereact.com/ . -- Most satisfying to Russ Smith about No. Wholesale Nike React Shoes . Now that hes hitting streaking teammates with pin-point passes for easy layups, Love is asserting himself as one of the true superstars in the league. Wholesale Nike React China . The head of USA Boxing came out swinging Tuesday with an open letter to Tyson -- a former Olympic hopeful himself -- that accuses the former heavyweight champion of trying to poach fighters who might be candidates for the U. MISANO ADRIATICO, Italy -- Dani Pedrosa surged through the field to win the San Marino and Rimini Riviera Grand Prix after starting eighth on Sunday.Valentino Rossi passed pole sitter Jorge Lorenzo early on and had a comfortable lead until Pedrosa overtk rivals Marc Marquez and Lorenzo in quick succession.Pedrosa then passed Rossi with seven laps to go and won with nearly a three-second margin for his first victory this season.I felt like I had the speed to stay ahead but then Dani approached and he was just t fast, second-placed Rossi said after saluting his home fans, many of them carrying yellow flags featuring his No. 46. Its t bad, because I really wanted this victory.Lorenzo finished third and MotoGP leader MMarquez crossed fourth.ddddddddddddMarquez leads Rossi by 43 points with five races remaining this season. Lorenzo is 61 points back in third and Pedrosa is fourth, 78 points behind.Lorenzo became the eighth different winner in the last eight races.Lorenzo Baldassari tk his first Moto2 win on home soil in a race that was marked by an accident between Axel Pons and Xavier Simeon on the opening lap. Neither rider appeared to be seriously injured.Brad Binder of South Africa won the Moto3 race from pole.---This story has been corrected to show it was Pedrosas first win of the season, not fourth. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 190 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen