na. The victory improved the Czech pairs

in Laberecke 26.04.2019 09:03
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

What happened last night that you need to know about? Joe McDonald gives us his take on the biggest and best performances. This is where we say, Morning, Joe.Carey-ing the Habs: It makes you wonder how the Montreal Canadiens would have fared last season if goaltender Carey Price hadnt sustained a season-ending knee injury last November. Without Price, the Canadiens imploded and finished sixth in the Atlantic Division with a 38-38-6 record. Well, Montreal is playing terrific hockey to begin this season (5-0-1), and goaltending has led the way. After missing the first three games because of the flu, Price returned to the lineup and has played the past three games. On Monday, he made 31 saves en route to a 3-1 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers. Its incredible to see how much confidence a team has when it has the worlds best goaltender in net. Yes, Al Montoya was solid (2-0-1) during the first three games, but Price brings an entirely different level when hes healthy and productive. Case in point: During the waning minutes against the Flyers, Montreal had a 2-1 lead when Price made a huge pad save to secure the one-goal advantage before the Canadiens added an empty-net goal at the other end of the ice. Also for the Habs, keep an eye on Alexander Radulov. The 30-year-old forward returned to the NHL this season from the KHL, and hes already having a significant impact for the Canadiens. He scored the empty-net goal and added two assists Monday to help Montreal extend its winning streak to four games. He has two goals and three assists for five points in six games this season.Elliott delivers: We also saw outstanding goaltending for both the Chicago Blackhawks Corey Crawford and the Calgary Flames Brian Elliott. With the game knotted at 2-2 after regulation and OT, both goalies were perfect in the shtout until the Flames Kris Versteeg scored in the seventh round for a 3-2 victory. Elliott, who entered the game with a 0-3-0 record, with a 4.72 goals-against average and an .839 save percentage, was outstanding late in the game, including six saves in OT. He finished with 31 saves in his best start for the Flames since Calgary acquired him from the St. Louis Blues in June. This is why the Flames needed a goalie like Elliott, and he finally produced. This could be the type of performance that gets him rolling. Crawford, who finished with 29 saves, is 1-3-1 this season.Crease crisis: And keeping with the goaltender theme, a couple of teams are dealing with injuries between the pipes. The Los Angeles Kings are without both starter Jonathan Quick and backup Jeff Zatkoff because of injuries. Quick sustained a groin injury in the season opener and hes expected to miss three months. Zatkoff sustained a groin injury during the morning skate Saturday and was also placed on injured reserve. For now, the Kings will rely on Peter Budaj and Jack Campbell, but its likely general manager Dean Lombardi will attempt to acquire a goalie via trade. In Boston, the Bruins are also dealing with injury woes to their masked men. Veteran No. 1 Tuukka Rask sustained an undisclosed injury in a game against the New Jersey Devils last Thursday and has not played or practiced since. On Monday, backup Anton Khudobin sustained an injury to his right arm during practice and did not return. He had X-rays taken in the afternn, and his status is unclear as the Bruins prepare to host the Minnesota Wild Tuesday night at TD Garden. Boston recalled goalie Malcolm Subban from Providence of the AHL. Discount Sneakers UK For Sale . Rousey will put her perfect 8-0 record and hardware on the line against another undefeated fighter, 7-0 Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas Nevada on February 22nd. Sneakers UK From China . The news was first reported on Gonzalezs Twitter account and confirmed by the Rockies. Gonzalez has a six-week window before position players have their first workout at spring training in Arizona. http://www.discountsneakersuk.com/ . Pierce was ejected in the third quarter of Indianas 103-86 win Monday. George Hill stole a bad pass and was going in for a layup, and Pierce hustled back and appeared to be trying to wrap him up. Cheap Sneakers UK Online . Traditional contenders Brazil, Greece and Turkey drew the other three spots to complete the 24-team field for this summers tournament in Spain, basketball governing body FIBA announced Saturday at its meeting in Barcelona. Wholesale Sneakers UK . Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek defeated Nenad Zimonjic and Ilija Bozoljac 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (4) on the indr hard-court at Belgrade Arena. The victory improved the Czech pairs impressive cup doubles record to 14-1. CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Panthers Pro Bowl tight end Greg Olsen has never been one for statistics or personal accolades.Hes the type of player who takes just as much pride in throwing a gd block that leads to a Cam Newton touchdown pass to a teammate as he does hauling in one of his own.But even the humble nine-year NFL veteran admits theres one statistical accomplishment that would mean something to him -- a third straight 1,000-yard season. No other tight end in league history has accomplished that feat, including personal idols Tony Gonzalez and Jason Witten.For me, that checks off a lot of different boxes -- productivity, reliability, durability, longevity, said Olsen, whose Panthers take on Denver on Thursday night in the NFL regular season opener. Those are all things that mean something to me. I think there are so many factors that go into that statistic.With Olsen, it all comes back to consistency.From the way he approaches the offseason to the amount of time he spends each week in the film rm, hes garnered the respect of his teammates. Its one of the reasons hes selected as an offensive captain every year.Teammate Jonathan Stewart calls the 31-year-old Olsen borderline obsessive compulsive when it comes to his strict training regimen and approach to the game.He is all about the little details in everything he does, Stewart said. He knows where he is supposed to be and what hes supposed to be doing at all times.Its paid off.Since being acquired by the Panthers in a trade for a third-round draft pick in 2011, Olsen has been as reliable as ftball in the fall -- hes played in 142 straight games -- and consistently productive.Hes averaged 70 receptions for 862 yards over the last five seasons and recorded at least five TD receptions in each of those years.And he keeps getting better.The 6-ft-5, 255-pound Olsen followed up an 84-catch season in 2014 with perhapps his finest overall season.dddddddddddd He caught 77 passes for a career-high 1,104 yards receiving along with seven touchdowns helping the Panthers open the 2015 season 14-0 and reach the Super Bowl.He averaged 14.3 yards per catch -- by far the best of his career -- to earn second-team All-Pro behind New Englands Rob Gronkowski.His work ethic is just tremendous, Panthers coach Ron Rivera said. He takes great care of himself. He conditions, stretches, gets treatment. I think ftball is very important to him when hes here at the stadium. When he goes home hes a husband and father.If Olsen continues to produce the way he has for the next three seasons it will be difficult keeping him out of the Hall of Fame conversation.He ranks eighth on the career list in receptions by a tight end with 542 and 11th in yards receiving (6,292).I dont have a magic formula, Olsen said of his success. Im not always the fastest guy, Im not the strongest guy or most athletic guy, but I am going to do things the right way and be reliable. Im going to know what my quarterback wants from me and do it. I take a lot of pride in that. I take this serious.Olsen said he doesnt want to fall off mentally or physically.That is why he trains so hard in the offseason. Its why he has no plans on calling it quits anytime sn.The biggest test for guys who start to get older becomes the offseason grind -- and I get that, Olsen said. Its tough to get up every day in February and March when there is nothing on the line to train for and keep your body in shape. But I still enjoy it. The easy part is coming to practice to prepare for a game. But as long as I enjoy that training I think I can keep playing for a while.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 273 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen