decay and not Pacquiaos rediscovery of violence. Pacquiao h

in Laberecke 26.04.2019 09:02
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

After 21 years in the professional ring, 18 years of world title fights and one year as senator in the Philippine government the boxing life of Manny Pacquiao still rumbles on.The glimpses of the old Pacquiao were obvious enough as he beat Jesse Vargas on points to win the WBO welterweight belt Saturday at the Thomas & Mack in the Las Vegas suburbs. However, they were only brief, ruthless glimpses and the survival of Vargas was assisted by the decades of fighting and the struggle at the core of Pacquiaos desire -- the senator has been fighting with and without gloves since he was born.Pacquiao at 37 is still big business in the gambling city and a smiling thumbs-up cameo from Floyd Mayweather Jr. at ringside only added to the circus, speculation and desire of the many Las Vegas fixers. Their technical fight, which is the politest way to describe it, last year generated $600 million and a rematch would do even more.Pacquiao added the WBO bauble to the vast horde of boxing belts he has acquired during his lifetime; Pacquiao has won a total of 11 different belts, which is both a testament to his flexibility at gaining 35 pounds over the years and the nuttiness of sanctioning bodies with their desire to make official just about any scrap.In the Thomas & Mack ring there were genuine moments of Manny magic, his feet found their wings, his punches had that bit extra back that has been missing and there was a nasty twinkle in his eyes. A quick ending would have moved a rematch with Mayweather closer because that is what the boxing business needed to help sell a return of last years waltz.It can still be sold, it would be a better fight, but now the emphasis will be on Mayweathers decay and not Pacquiaos rediscovery of violence. Pacquiao has not stopped or knocked out an opponent since 2009 and that sidelines any sales pitch that pushes his danger and any clear and present threat he poses Mayweather.Vargas was a willing assistant in Pacquiaos latest fight -- his 67th -- and he flitted between nervous, respectful, hurt, bldied, fearless, desperate and relieved. He knew his destiny long before the first bell, knew he was getting paid a hefty fee to help Pacquiaos endless quest. He also knew that if he was on his feet at the end, his belt might be gone but his reputation would be greatly enhanced.One judge, clearly supping on a heady cocktail of incompetence and perceived independence, helped Vargas by returning a final score that only had him losing by one round. Pacquiao won a minimum nine of the 12 rounds.Vargas was dropped lightly in round two when Pacquiao pulled off a move last seen on the night he ruined Ricky Hatton in 2009. Vargas shk his head clear and banged his gloves together and the moment for closure was lost. Vargas was not afraid to let his punches go and his own fast right repeatedly caught Pacquiao. It was a gd fight, not a classic, but there was enough bld and enough wild exchanges to lift it above ordinary. At the end everybody was smiling.Mayweather will fight again and Pacquiao is the only opponent that makes sense. Hopefully we wont have the six-year wait we had last time, which was really when the fire went out of the fight. The next time might just be a much, much better fight. Air Max 1 Ireland . President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday after 12 years with the Marlins. The move came as the team neared the end of its third consecutive last-place season in the NL East. Air Max 1 Ireland Outlet . Reassurance came from Paul Tesori, his caddie and close friend whose newborn son is in intensive care in a Florida hospital. "Paul sent me a text this morning, just told me he loved me and wanted to go out and fight as hard as I would any other day," Simpson said Sunday after doing just that. http://www.airmax1cheapireland.com/ . Dukurs winning time was 1 minute, 45.76 seconds, a quarter-second better than Russias Alexander Tretiakov. Lativas Tomass Dukurs was third, 1.41 seconds off the pace. Jon Montgomery of Eckville, Alta. Disocunt Nike Shoes Ireland . - Goaltender Philippe Desrosiers of the Rimouski Oceanic has broken a shutout record that was only three months old in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Air Max 1 Ireland Online . Jeff Green scored 13 points and Kris Humphries 12 for the Celtics, who nearly blew an 18-point, second-half lead. Sullingers 20-20 was the first by a Celtics player since Kevin Garnetts first game in Boston in 2007. Garnett was dealt -- along with Paul Pierce -- to Brklyn during the off-season. Charges against former Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd for pushing a bouncer have been resolved.According to media outlets, Boyds assault and battery charge will be dismissed when he completes 40 hours of community service, makes restitution and stays out of trouble for six months. The AP reported that the victim is seeking $5,000 to pay for medical bills, but the amount is being negotiated.A reporter from WYFF News 4 in Greenville, South Carolina -- where the incident tk place -- tweeted a statement attributed to Boyd.I am pleased to announce that all charges against me have been dismissed! it read. I want to thank my faithful friends, family, fans, media and members of our community for your support! I have been encouraged by so many of your comments and messages throughout this process and for your friendship I am eternally grateful! I lk forward to sharing this experience with our youth as I use my testimony to heighten understanding and develop growth within the next generation.The poliice report says Boyd, 25, was trying to get in the On the Roxx bar around 110 p.ddddddddddddm. on July 14 when the bouncer told him he would have to wait because the club was at capacity.Investigators say Boyd then shoved the bouncer, who knocked a woman to the ground as he fell.Police spokesman Gilberto Franco said in an email that the bouncer waited until the next day to report the incident, and it tk investigators two months to investigate the encounter.Arrest records did not indicate whether Boyd had a lawyer.Boyd told The Post and Courier of Charleston he pushed the bouncer to get him out of his personal space and he felt the incident was blown out of proportion because of who he is. Boyd said he shouldnt have put himself in that situation.Boyd was Clemsons starting quarterback from 2011 to 2013.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 637 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen