e field as much as we could, Sudfeld said. I und

in Bewerbung 25.04.2019 12:34
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Matt Forte is in no rush to give his ailing hamstring a run during practice.The New York Jets running back has sat out all four training camp sessions with what he calls a minor hamstring pull.Its feeling better, Forte said Sunday. Heading into camp, I had a little, slight pull, a setback. Now, were just taking it slow so that I dont reinjure it. Hamstrings are tricky, so if you reinjure it, then you could be set back longer.One of the Jets main free-agent signings this offseason, Forte said he hurt the hamstring while running on his own.Every day, I feel a lot better, he said. Its the first week of camp, so Ive got to take it patient. Once they give me the go-ahead, Ill be at practice.Coach Todd Bowles said he had no idea when Forte might be able to take the field.Hes making progress and when he comes back, well be ready for him to come back, he said.Forte has dealt with a previous hamstring injury, before his second NFL season with Chicago in 2009, when he said he tore it and still played a full season.This was just minor, he said. This is a 1 compared to that (out) of a 10.Forte spent his first eight seasons with the Bears, but had a career-low 898 yards rushing last year in 13 games. The Jets signed him to a three-year, $12 million contract, hoping he could provide a pass-catching threat while also replacing leading rusher Chris Ivory.He is just two years removed from setting the NFL record for running backs with 102 receptions for the Bears. That type of playmaking skill has his Jets teammates eager to see how hell help improve an offense that finished 10th overall in the NFL last season.I think hes going to add a lot, wide receiver Eric Decker said. Just his ability, not only running, but catching the ball out of the backfield and lining him up as a receiver.Offensive crdinator Chan Gailey likes using his running backs in various ways in his scheme, and Forte will give quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick yet another option.I love it, just going through it in OTAs, seeing the leeway and the versatility that you are able to have, Forte said. Chan likes to motion running backs out of the backfield, run routes from the backfield and thats what Im used to. I think itll be fun to see it when I practice and we go through our drills and stuff.Brandon Marshall led the Jets with a franchise-record 109 catches last season, while Decker had 80. The next two were running backs: Bilal Powell with 47 and Ivory with 30.Forte has caught at least 44 passes during every season of his NFL career, so coming into the Jets system appealed to him during free agency.Obviously, having Brandon and Eric out there, they draw a lot of attention, Forte said. They cant double-cover everybody. Theres a lot of real estate to be made, a lot of ground to be made underneath and I think itll happen.Game notesCB Darrelle Revis (wrist) participated in light position drills and, like Forte, has yet to take part in team drills. There remains no timetable for him to fully practice. ... Backup CB Dexter McDougle is day-to-day with a sore hamstring. ... The Jets have their first day off from practice on Monday.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/AP-NFLCheap Puma Shoes NZ . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Puma Shoes NZ Sale . General manager Jarmo Kekalainen told Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch on Friday that he wants to see Gaboriks contributions go beyond the scoresheet before considering a long-term deal for the sn-to-be unrestricted free agent. http://www.pumasalenz.com/ . Coach Tom Thibodeau says the former MVP will probably start travelling with the team in the next few weeks. Rose tore the meniscus in his right knee at Portland in November and was ruled out for the remainder of the season by the Bulls. Wholesale Shoes NZ . Soukalova missed only one target and completed the 15-kilometre course in 40 minutes, 32.6 seconds for both victories in this seasons individual discipline. Darya Domracheva of Belarus was second, 34. Cheap Puma Shoes NZ Free Shipping . -- The St. Johns IceCaps weathered a wild first period with the help of goaltender Jussi Olkinuora, before finding offensive inroads in the second.TAMPA, Fla. -- The stands were mostly empty, but the soggy show went on.Mack Brown ran for 149 yards and a touchdown in heavy rain Wednesday night, leading the Washington Redskins to a 20-13 preseason-closing victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.With Tropical Storm Hermine approaching Floridas Gulf Coast, the game at Raymond James Stadium was moved up 24 hours from Thursday, when the NFLs other 30 teams will conclude the exhibition schedule.Attendance was announced as 42,996, however there only appeared to be about 5,000 or so in the stands at kickoff. Only die-hard fans stayed around for the end.Youve got to love preseason ftball to be out there on a night like tonight, Bucs coach Dirk Koetter said.Brown, a first-year pro out of Florida, spearheaded a 245-yard rushing attack and scored on a 60-yard burst in the second quarter. He also broke runs of 21 and 22 yards in helping Washington built a 13-0 halftime lead.I played at the University of Florida. We had no indr stadium, practice facility, so I played in the rain all the time, said Brown, who carried 12 times for 130 yards in the first two quarters.Rkie Nate Sudfeld played the entire game at quarterback for the Redskins, who left Kirk Cousins and the rest of Washingtons projected starters behind in Virginia to attend the teams Welcome Home Luncheon, an annual event that raises money for a charitable foundation.Meanwhile, 21 of 22 players listed as regulars on Tampa Bays depth chart, including quarterback Jameis Winston, did not dress.That left plenty of opportunities for young hopefuls such as Brown, who spent parts of last season on Washingtons practice squad, and Bucs receiver Bernard Reedy to state their case for surviving final cuts Saturday, the deadline to trim rosters to the regular-season limit of 53 players.I really want to be here, Brown said. I think I put some gd film out there from camp, preseason. So Im going to keep praying and hopefully Im here.Winstons backup, Mike Glennon, started for Tampa Bay and played into the second quarter. Third-stringer Ryan Griffin, whos also expected to make the team, got the rest of the work at quarterback and threw a touchdown pass to Reedy in the final minute.RKIE WATCHRedskins: Sudfelld, a sixth-round draft pick, completed 8 of 18 passes for 72 yards, one TD and no interceptions.dddddddddddd With rkie RB Keith Marshall (elbow) landing on injured reserve this week, Brown and Robert Kelley remain in the running to be backups behind Matt Jones and Chris Thompson. Kelley carried 16 times for 99 yards.I was happy to see Mack. He showed up, made the decision tougher, Washington coach Jay Gruden said. Hopefully we can figure out a way to keep all of them. Well get together and figure it out.Buccaneers: After a rough start to the preseason, missing an extra point and two field goals in the first two weeks, second-round draft pick Roberto Aguayo converted all five of his field goal attempts over the last two games, including a 50-yarder Wednesday night.POSITION BATTLESRedskins: Sudfeld is third on the depth chart behind Cousins and Colt McCoy, who dressed but did not play.Buccaneers: Koetter has already said he expects to carry three quarterbacks. In addition to the competition for the fourth running back job, DE William Gholston played much of the first half in a bid to nail down a starting job.INJURY UPDATE:Redskins: Did not announce any injuries during the game.Buccaneers: Rkie CB Ryan Smith left in the second quarter with a hand injury. TE Kivon Cartwright and WR Kenny Bell (concussion) departed in the second half and did not return.QUOTABLE:Redskins: I thought it was a blue collar performance by our offense. We walked up with our lunch pails and just rode down the field as much as we could, Sudfeld said. I understd the game plan, we were really going to try and establish the run. Its just a different type of game when you play in this weather but I had a really fun time.Buccaneers: Cant tell you how much Im lking forward to getting the roster set, getting this behind, Koetter said. Its not a f un way to finish preseason. Its a sour taste after what I think was a productive preseason. Not at all what we had in mind. But Ive got to realize, we werent playing our best guys out there.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 33 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen