nes coming back.Thursday was n

in Bewerbung 24.04.2019 12:54
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Ana Ivanovic is searching for answers after another disappointing performance in the U.S. Open.Ivanovic was eliminated in the first round for the second straight year when she had seven double-faults and 41 unforced errors Tuesday in a 7-6 (4), 6-1 loss to 89th-ranked Denisa Allertova of the Czech Republic.Ivanovic made it to the U.S. Open quarterfinals in 2012, but it has been a steady decline since then at Flushing Meadows. She made it to the fourth round in 2013 and lost in the second round two years ago.I feel like I have been putting a lot of work on the court and in the gym over the year, she said. Its been very frustrating not getting anything in return, because I really feel like I invested my heart and also the work.Ivanovic, who turns 29 in November, said shes not considering retirement. She married German soccer star Bastian Schweinsteiger this summer, and he will play his last match for the national team on Wednesday.No, not at all, she said. I just need to really see why is this happening.The former world No. 1 and 2008 French Open champion served for the first set against Allertova at 6-5, but was unable to close it out and faltered in the tiebreaker.Ivanovic said the difference in the tiebreaker was probably her confidence.I had that set point, you know, and I went for my big forehand and it was quite a bad miss because I was a little bit in two minds what to do with it, the Serbian player said.In the second set, her strategy of pulling back on big shots backfired.I tried to go less for it because I tried to make less errors, she said. Basically, I ended up making more.Ivanovic has been bothered by a wrist injury this year. She entered the U.S. Open ranked No. 31.The 23-year-old Allertova turned around the first set after dropping four of the first six games.I handled her serve well, Allertova said. I tried to focus on every point because I know shes a great player.Allertova improved to 7-1 in first-round matches in majors. She joins her boyfriend Jan Satral in the second round; he defeated American Mackenzie McDonald in five sets on Monday.Cheap Yeezy UK For Sale . -- Vincent Lecavalier got everything but the desired result in his return to Tampa Bay. Adidas Yeezy UK .com) - The Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks both take aim at their first wins of the season on Saturday, as the Canucks open their home slate at Rogers Arena. http://www.discountyeezyuk.com/ . -- Devin Hester is done returning kicks in Chicago. Yeezys Shoes UK . 24 Baylor in a Big 12 clash between teams trending in opposite directions. Andrew Wiggins made 10-of-12 from the foul line and scored 17 for Kansas (14-4, 5-0 Big 12), which capped a stretch of four straight games against ranked opponents unscathed. Wholesale Yeezy UK . Burris threw two TD passes, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Hamilton to a 33-19 victory.SPRINGFIELD, N.J. -- Two holes into the final major of the year, Rory McIlroy was starting to lose patience.He missed a 10-ft birdie putt on his opening hole at No. 10 on Thursday. He hit another beautiful approach into the 11th hole at Baltusrol, 10 feet below the hole, and missed that. Even after Phil Mickelson and Jason Day had left the green, McIlroy stayed behind, lking at the cup from a different direction.It was a precursor for more misery with his putting at the PGA Championship.When his opening round ended, McIlroy had 35 putts and no birdies. His 4-over 74 was the first time he failed to break par in the opening round of the PGA Championship.You give yourself chances the first couple of holes, you dont convert, he said. You want to get off to a gd start. I feel like if I had holed one of those first two, it might have been a different story of the day. You get a little momentum and you get it going.Instead, it kept sliding in the wrong direction.His 8-ft par putt on the 13th never had a chance. His 5-ft birdie putt on the 17th never got to the hole.He believes he is driving the ball as well as ever, which goes a long way at Baltusrol. His irons felt gd, except for a few lse ones.Just when I get on the green, its a different story, he said.McIlroy was nine shots behind after one round, and that doesnt bode well. In his four victories in the majors, he was never more than one shot behind. The only major he won with any round over par was a 75 in the wind at Kiawah Island four years ago in the PGA Championship.I havent won this tournament from this position before, so Ill need a low one tomorrow, McIlroy said. I think first and foremost, I have to play a gd round to get into the weekend tomorrow. Thats the first objective, and then go frrom there.ddddddddddddThis is the second major this year that McIlroy has put himself well behind after the opening round. He never recovered at Oakmont, missing the cut in the U.S. Open.Making it even more pressing is that he is on the verge of going a second straight year without a major. Putting has been a problem all year, dating to February when he decided to switch to a cross-handed grip as he prepared for the Masters.This time, he felt he simply was tricked by poa annua greens that lk faster than they really are.Im struggling with the pace, he said. I think you saw out there, there was a couple of putts from quite a short distance that I left short. Thats the thing that sort of surprised me all week. They lk much quicker than they are. They lk much quicker than they putt. ... So I just need to be a little bit more aggressive, a little bit more free flowing with my stroke. Because when I did hit a couple by, I was able to hole the ones coming back.Thursday was no time to practice. The heat was oppressive and drained everyone of energy. McIlroy decided to head back to his house and rest. He returned Thursday evening with coach Michael Bannon and putted for more than an hour.Even as he left Baltusrol, he was confronted with a score on his card that he didnt see coming. Given the chances he had, he figured something around par would have been the worst he could post. Instead, only three tour players had a worse score among the morning wave.And that card didnt have any birdies on it.I cant remember the last time I went without a birdie, he said. `Ill stay as patient as I can and as hard as I can and hopefully turn it around. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 142 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen