ashington 2. After early red zone tro

in Bewerbung 23.04.2019 12:30
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

The 2016-17 college basketball season will be the Year of the Freshmen, featuring what could be the best class weve ever seen. Over the next two weeks we will get familiar with the best of the best, examining who they are and where each of the top 10 prospects in the 2016 ESPN 100 came from.Read more: No. 10 Dukes Frank Jackson | No. 9 Kentuckys Malik Monk No. 8 Michigan States Miles Bridges | No. 7 Washingtons Markelle Fultz No. 6 Kentuckys DeAaron Fox | No. 5 Kentuckys Bam Adebayo No. 4 UCLAs Lonzo Ball | No. 3 Dukes Jayson Tatum No. 2 Kansas Josh Jackson | No. 1 Dukes Harry GilesLEXINGTON, Ky. --?DeAaron Fox emerges from the locker rm with the sleepy, heavy-eyed gaze of a teenager who woke up 10 minutes ago. He yawns, rolls his head and stares at the ceiling of the Joe Craft Center as if hes never heard of 10 a.m.Hes long but lean, still a few months from adding 15 pounds to a frame that will be enhanced by weight training and the meals prepped by the private chef at Kentuckys Wildcat Coal Lodge housing complex.Once the offseason pickup game begins, hes spry, bouncy and determined.And fast. Faster than everyone in the gym.One moment hes on the left side of the practice flr. Then, the elusive point guard who will lead Kentuckys talented fleet in 2016-17 teleports to the rim and scores. On a later possession, he twirls his finger, and his teammates rotate as he creates a crease in the defense and finds Brad Calipari, a walk-on and John Caliparis son, in the right corner for an open 3-pointer.Its his show. Its his team.Its not difficult to see how the 6-ft-3 freshmans frame, length, will, burst and speed remind those around the program of a legend and NBA point guard who came to Lexington in 2009 with the same size and traits.[Hes a] very talented kid, can pass the ball, sht the ball, said three-time NBA All-Star and?Washington Wizards?point guard?John Wall. I actually saw him play in Houston last season when we played the Rockets.Its one thing for fans in barbershops and bars to suggest a freshman stud reminds them of a professional star who once led the Wildcats to the Elite Eight before securing the No. 1 slot in the 2010 NBA draft. But Walls acknowledgement of the conversation only enhances the credibility of the comparison and enlarges the spotlight Fox will play under this season.I mean, being compared to someone like him, its a huge honor, Fox said. I see similarities, but I still feel like we play differently. With speed and athleticism, I think were really similar. ... I feel like he handles the ball better, and I feel like I sht the ball better.This year, Fox will replace?Tyler Ulis?-- a second-round pick by the?Phoenix Suns?in the 2016 NBA draft -- as Kentuckys point guard.Kentucky point guards become rock stars when they excel: Ask Wall, Ulis,?Marquis Teague and Brandon Knight. They also become?the subject of a Big Blue Nation social media onslaught if they fail to play like lottery picks.Ask?Andrew Harrison.Fox understands the stakes. He does not, however, only aim to emulate Wall. He hopes to learn from him.The duo connected after Wall tweeted about the Katy, Texas, natives highlight reel last year.Since then, theyve formed a relationship, one nurtured through biweekly text messages.He says, Just stay up, youre young, youre a freshman so never get down on yourself, Fox said.In recent months, Wall -- Caliparis first point guard at Kentucky -- has advised the freshman, No. 9 on Chad Fords Big Board for 2017 NBA draft prospects, to prepare for the coachs tutelage and, at times, his wrath.He told me to just go in really open-minded, Fox said. He told me Coach [Calipari] is gonna get on me a lot so go in and be ready to be criticized.And scrutinized.Fox now plays point guard at Kentucky, a program thats reached the Final Four in four of the last six seasons. The current Wildcats enter the season as the No. 2 team in the AP poll and the SEC favorite.Fox said the praise doesnt worry him.I dont really see it as pressure, Fox said. At the end of the day, were just going out and playing basketball.Those who know Fox doubt hell crumble.In 2012, he scored 50 points in a win during the third game of his freshman season at Cypress Lakes High Schl in Katy, Texas. As colleges began to call and inquire about Fox, Cypress Lakes coach Emmanuel Olatunbosun worried about his young star.He warned Fox about the deluge that would sn arrive. The colleges that would visit. The reporters who would request interviews.Fox told Olatunbosun he did not fear the crush. Yeah, right, Olatunbosun thought.He lks at me and says, Coach, Im not gonna change, Olatunbosun said.Three days later, Fox hit the game-winner in another victory.He could become the aggressor in pressing moments for his high schl team. But he also understd his role as a maestro and leader. If he dominated each possession (he could) he risked alienating his teammates. So on the court he was the hero and the sidekick. In practice, Fox would often defer to teammates. Hed pass on open layups to put other players in a position to score.Olatunbosun asked Fox why he played that way in practice. Why didnt he dominate? Why didnt he slash and score and dunk the way he did in games? Fox told him he had to make other players feel confident. If he tk over, they might feel insignificant, he said.Two other kids on that team got scholarships (Devin Anderson at NAIA Friends University and?Josh Nebo?at St. Francis, Pennsylvania), Olatunbosun said. I would say that had a lot to do with him. He wouldnt score in practice. Ultimately, it was the right thing to do. He would not ball hog. He knew when to go and when not to go.Thats the next starting point guard for Calipari, a coach who recruited six of the top 40 assists leaders in the NBA last season.?But Fox will face grown men in the SEC and throughout college basketball, a leap for any freshman, even a projected lottery pick.Like those who played with his talented predecessors, however, Foxs teammates (many underclassmen), trust his leadership. Thats significant for a young team.He plays a lot like John Wall, Kentucky freshman Bam Adebayo said. Hes just left-handed. There you go. Little John Wall.Calipari said Fox is a special athlete, but he cant imagine any player, including Fox, outrunning Wall, perhaps the fastest player in the NBA.Fox and Wall do share an ability to see the game in slow motion even as they pace across the court like an auctioneer mumbles, the coach said. Calipari wants Fox to mimic Wall, who used his speed to attack opponents.Everyone says hes as fast as John Wall, Calipari said before pausing.?Stop. See, John Wall used his speed as a weapon. And it was his No. 1 weapon. Wasnt just a weapon, it was the weapon that he used to beat you. DeAaron doesnt see himself that way and Im trying to get him to just fly, man. Go at people, try to get to that rim and then, if its not there, lets play.Few will want to play Fox and a roster full of matchup problems.His performance at point guard, however, will impact a unit with the promise to become the nations most powerful offense, more probable if the Wildcats can sht and execute against the zone schemes theyll see often in 2016-17.Fair or not, the comparisons to Wall will persist all season. Foxs skills and capabilities, coupled with Walls compliments, suggest theyre not crazy.I think hes more of a scoring guard than I was, Wall said. Im really excited to see what hes going to do this season.Wholesale Nike Air Jordan . Badenhop was 2-3 with a 3.47 ERA in 63 relief appearances for Milwaukee this season. He is 18-20 in his career with three saves and a 3. Cheap Air Jordan Authentic . MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez also will attend the session, which was announced Monday. The league has discussed placing its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta. http://www.cheapairjordan.com/ .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Cheap Air Jordans . The Brazilian goalkeeper signed a loan deal with the Major League Soccer club on Friday as he lks to get playing time ahead of this summers World Cup in his home country. Discount Air Jordan .S. -- Nikolaj Ehlers registered a hat trick for the third straight game and Jonathan Drouin had a goal and five assists as the Halifax Mseheads hammered the host Cape Breton Screaming Eagles 10-1 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action.LANDOVER, Md. -- Alfred Morris swears he has no hard feelings for the Washington Redskins.It was the same as any other game, just excited for the opportunity, excited to do what I love to do, Morris said. People probably think Im joking when I say that, but from the bottom of my heart, I have no hard feelings for the Redskins or the organization.But that did not stop Morris from smiling widely after scoring what turned out to be the game-winning touchdown in the Dallas Cowboys 27-23 win against Washington on Sunday at FedEx Field.Perhaps in his dreams, Morris was picturing more than five carries for seven yards in his return to Washington, but he will have to settle for the game-winning touchdown.Alfred is a pro, coach Jason Garrett said. Hes a pro. He handles himself the right way each and every day and gets himself ready. When he has an opportunity in the game, hes ready for it. He ran the ball well. Those were tough runs at the end of the game, a couple of situations he was in.ddddddddddddMorris was only in the game because the Cowboys first-round pick, Ezekiel Elliott, fumbled twice in the second half, including once on the game-winning drive. The Cowboys lost Elliotts first fumble, but Doug Free was able to recover the second to allow the Cowboys to continue.Morris touchdown -- the 30th of his career and first with the Cowboys -- came on a second-down carry from the Washington 2. After early red zone troubles, the Cowboys trusted their offensive line and gave the ball to Morris, who followed a key block from Zack Martin?into the end zone with 4:45 to play.I didnt hear any bs anywhere, Morris said. I expected the worst and hoped for the best, I guess. When I came out, some guys were jaw-jacking behind the bench, calling me a traitor. It is what it is. Ill be the villain if they want me to be. Totally fine. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 36 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen