e fight against Japans Omori will be rearranged.I am gutted to have to pull out of this fight. I was

in Bewerbung 23.04.2019 12:29
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

After years shouting for the right to represent Great Britain at the Olympic Games, Nicola Adams almost missed her big moment in the boxing sun.Adams was stricken by a back injury at the same time performance director Rob McCracken was holding trials to determine the first batch of women boxers who would train towards winning medals at London 2012.Without McCrackens conviction and the pleas of the team doctor, the 33-year-old may not now be standing on the cusp of becoming the first British boxer to retain an Olympic title for 92 years.Adams will begin her campaign for history when she faces Ukraines Tetyana Kob at Riocentro on Tuesday morning in a bout with a guaranteed medal at stake.McCracken said while he never doubted the Leeds flyweights capacity for making history, he faced a major battle to enroll her on the first womens programme at all.McCracken said: When Nicky first came to Sheffield in 2009 to try out for the programme she was ill and sat on a chair and just watched the others.I told the doctor I couldnt put her on the programme unless she did something, and I was about to send her home.There were other girls there working hard and it wouldnt have been fair on them.The doctor asked me to wait and give him one month to get her right. The first thing she was able to do was shadow-box and even when she just did that we could see she had real talent.We added her to the programme in 2010 and she has been a delight.Adams is hungry to make more history and as focused as ever after finally winning her first world title earlier this year.But she will be eager to guard against complacency after fellow reigning champion Katie Taylor suffered a shock loss in her opening lightweight bout on Monday.Adams said: I never underestimate any of my opponents because the average fighter can turn into a world-beater when they get in the ring with the likes of me or Katie.Theyve got nothing to lose, theyre the underdog and I have to keep that in mind. The quality of womens boxing is improving all the time and it is definitely keeping me on my toes.Mondays flyweight defeat for Muhammad Ali means Adams is one of just four British boxers remaining in the competition, with light-heavyweight Joshua Buatsi having already guaranteed at least a bronze medal.And it lks even bleaker for Ireland with a series of shock defeats including Taylors reversal leaving world champion Michael Conlan as their only representative in the competition.Womens Nike Air Max 2018 . All of the scoring came in the final 20:04. Lucic scored on a power play at 15:46 of the third period, when he tipped a shot over Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen for a 3-1 lead. Red Nike Air Max 2018 . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shtaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . http://www.cheapairmaxshoessale.com/ . Sgt. Eric ONeal says most of the arrests at Monday nights game were for public drunkenness, though one person was taken into custody on suspicion of trying to steal a seat from the stadium. Black Nike Air Max 2018 . Shot outdrs against the stunning backdrop of Banff, Alta., the networks 30-minute original production airs tonight at 8pm et/5pm pt on TSN2. The four All-Star teams will play for $100,000 in prize money during TSNs annual skins game, airing live this weekend on TSN from The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre. White Nike Air Max 2018 . The return match will take place next Wednesday. Udinese leads Fiorentina 2-1 in the other semifinal. Napoli staged a second-half comeback from two goals down after Gervinhos opener and a stunning strike from Kevin Strtman.Lee Haskins has withdrawn from his IBF world bantamweight title third defense against Shohei Omori in Japan on New Years Eve due to a leg injury.Briton Haskins suffered the injury in training, and there has been no confirmation yet if the fight against Japans Omori will be rearranged.I am gutted to have to pull out of this fight. I was lking forward to the challenge of boxing in Japan and closing out 2016 with three title defenses, Haskins said.I will rest up over Christmas and hopefully wwill be able to get back to training in the New Year.ddddddddddddWe will wait to see if the fight can be rearranged, otherwise I know there are some big fights out there in 2017.Haskins has out-pointed Stuart Hall and Ivan Morales since being elevated to full IBF champion from interim title holder, while Omori had been preparing for his first world title attempt. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 129 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen