. "Jeff is a hard worker who was an important special-t

in Laberecke 22.04.2019 09:21
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- The Usain Bolt Variety Hour hit Brazil, big time, on Monday.The closing number said it all: After talking about life, sprinting and the Olympics -- and yes, Bolt insisted the Rio de Janeiro Games will be his last -- the 6-ft-5 Jamaican pulled out his cell phone and started taking selfies while he shimmied off stage, surrounded by more than a dozen thong-and-headdress-wearing Samba dancers.The evening with Bolt also included his now-immortalized To The World pose, a few serious questions about racing and doping, along with one reporter who said he had no question, but pronounced: I really love you, man, then poetry slammed the following: I hope you win. I hope its your day. I hope you will go even though you get hit by a Segway.The now-famous Segway incident occurred after Bolts victory in the 200 meters last year at the world championships. While taking a victory lap, a multitasking photographer slammed into the back of Bolts legs with his scter. Bolt bounced up and was no worse for wear.In the lead-up to the Rio Olympics, his legs havent fared as well. He pulled out of his national championships last month with a sore hamstring, which he has been trying to rehabilitate in time to put on a show in Brazil.Bolt takes to the track Saturday for the early rounds of the 100 meters. If he wins the 100, 200 and 4x100 relay, the way he has at the past two Olympics, hell close his Olympic career with nine gold medals.By now, though, its as much about the show as the results, and Bolt said as much Monday night.Im definitely a sprinter first, but I like to entertain, he said. Thats what people come out to see. They like it when I do crazy stuff. I try to entertain and make it different, help people enjoy it.By doing that, he has obliterated the decades-old image of the sullen, skulking sprinter -- and has also offered a much-needed breath of fresh air in a sport devoured by doping scandals that have dominated the lead-up to the Olympics.I think were going in the right direction, Bolt said. I must say, were weeding out the bad ones. I think people should have faith. We have to go through the rough times before we get to the gd times.Speaking of which, Bolt hasnt ruled out a goal he set a long time ago -- to better his record of 19.19 seconds in his favorite race, the 200.He has long said he would like to take the record, which std at 19.32 for 12 years before he first broke it at the Beijing Olympics, into the 18-second range.But the leg injury leading up to the Olympics made it a less-manageable goal to pursue. Then, after his only Olympic tuneup run -- a 200 late last month in London -- he met with coach Glen Mills, who told him, Thats one of the worst races youve ever run, according to Bolt.Still, why not aim high?I really, really, really want that one, Bolt said.And going after dreams is the main message he wants people to take away from his career.For me, its always to work toward your goal, he said. Its a hard road. Never let anyone tell you you cant do it.But as much as sending messages, Bolt pretty much laughed his way through 30 minutes of dance, drama and jokes. He said the only problem he has encountered during his stay in Rio had to do with TV. The apartment hes sharing with teammate Asafa Powell didnt have one.Somebody told us they were going to get it, Bolt said. After two days, I was just, Buy a TV. Im a gd teammate. So I got him a TV.As always, keeping the people entertained.? China Shoes . After Mondays hard-fought loss, the wait seemed longer than usual. Getting set to go their separate ways for a short Christmas break, the Raptors coach credited his team for their effort on a seemingly impossible three-game road trip, urging them to build on that success when they get back to work at the end of the week. Discount Nike Shoes . After Gasquet beat fifth-seeded Ivan Dodig of Croatia 7-5, 6-3, Tsonga followed up with a 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-2 win against sixth-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin in an all-French match. http://www.cheapshoeschina.us/ . Radwanska, making her debut in the Seoul tournament, hit eight aces in a match that lasted 1 hour, 4 minutes at Olympic Park tennis stadium. "It was definitely a very gd match -- I was playing really gd tennis," Radwanska said. Wholesale Shoes China . "Jeff is a hard worker who was an important special-teams contributor for us last season," said Stamps GM John Hufnagel. Cheap Nike Shoes From China . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. ESPNs Scott Van Pelt (11 a.m. ET), comedian Gilbert Gottfried (110) and comedian David Spade (12 p.m.) join the guys.Text us at 67974 (msg&data rates may apply) or tweet us at @LeBatardShow and @Stugotz790 -- well bee with you from 10 a.dddddddddddd. to 1 p.m. ET on ESPN Radio, ESPNRadio.com and ESPNU. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 24 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen