I wouldnt want to be in his shoes. Its not

in Mitglieder 16.04.2019 08:47
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Jeremy Lin will be urged to become a better leader. Brk Lopez will be challenged to rebound and defend better.Kenny Atkinson believes in being direct and honest with his players, but theres one thing the new Brklyn Nets coach wont discuss with them.After all, the players already know some people dont think very much of them.I think those guys are aware of it, so as a coach I dont think I need to be putting stuff up in the locker rm and motivating them that way, Atkinson said Tuesday.Expectations are low for the Nets, who open training camp next Tuesday. While they could be better than last seasons 21-61 record, they also could be the worst team in the Eastern Conference, now that the Philadelphia 76ers will be interested in trying to win.Odds makers, media members and even some of their own fans dont expect much from the Nets, and some players already have made clear they wont be as bad as critics say.I dont think we lk at is as bulletin board material, general manager Sean Marks said. I mean, youve read probably a couple of pieces that some of our guys have said that they dont agree with those odds and thats great. Thats exactly what we want ... thats the competitor in them.Marks, a former assistant general manager with San Antonio, begins his first full season after he was hired last February. He hired Atkinson from Atlanta, where he helped the Hawks reach the second round of the playoffs as an assistant to Mike Budenholzer.They made a number of additions over the summer, but not the splashy types the Nets favored during their first few years in Brklyn, when they were trying to win new fans while also winning games. That led to trades for players such as Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Joe Johnson, and they reached the postseason in their first three seasons after moving from New Jersey.But the mindset has changed now, with the bold predictions of Russian owner Mikhail Prokhorov giving way to tempered talk from Marks, a New Zealand native. Prokhorov wanted to win fast -- time expired on his goal of winning a championship within five years of buying the team -- but now is backing a plan to build slowly.Well, it depends on what your definition of slow is, Marks said. Our owners know exactly what the expectations are, so theyre 100 percent on board. Theyve been on board all summer long.Lopez is the teams best player and the Nets hope Lin, back in the city where he was briefly a star with the Knicks in 2012, can build on a strong season as the backup to Kemba Walker in Charlotte. Atkinson was an assistant under Mike DAntoni in New York during the Linsanity days and believes Lin is ready to handle the responsibilities of running this team.Its a heck of a challenge for him, but I think hes prepared for it, Atkinson said. I think its the right time in his career.The Nets were encouraged by the play this summer of guard Bojan Bogdanovic, who was Croatias leading scorer as it qualified for the Olympics, then surprisingly reached the quarterfinals. And they have high hopes for youngsters such as Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Chris McCullough, Sean Kilpatrick and rkie Caris LeVert, even though none of them have played a full NBA season yet.Thats why Marks said success for the Nets wont be measured only in wins and losses, but by how those players improve during the season.This is not going to be something thats going to turn around in two, three months, he said. As weve said before, we want something thats done strategically and systematically that builds a strong foundation and not something thats a fleeting moment.---Follow Brian Mahoney on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Briancmahoney Scarpe Air Max 90 Scontate . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. Air Max 90 Scontate Uomo . -- Its been a long road back for Sean Bergenheim. http://www.airmax90scontate.it/ . Zvonareva, who won the tournament in 2009 and 10, couldnt handle her opponents big groundstrokes in only her third event back after 17 months out with a shoulder injury. Zvonareva made her comeback in January in Shenzhen and played in the Australian Open but lost her first matches at both tournaments. Air Max 90 Outlet Italia . -- Anaheim Ducks defenceman Luca Sbisa will be out at least six weeks with a torn tendon in his right hand. Air Max 90 Italia . The recently retired Stern was elected Friday to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and will be enshrined with the class of 2014 on Aug. KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia -- The Asian Ftball Confederation will try again to elect three delegates for FIFAs ruling council at a rescheduled meeting in February.Last month in India, Asian soccer leaders called off elections at a 27-minute congress to protest against a FIFA ethics investigation into Qatari candidate Saoud Al-Mohannadi.The AFC said Saturday that the elections will now be held Feb. 28 in its home city of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.FIFAs ethics committee blocked Al-Mohannadi from standing for one of the two vacant FIFA seats just days before the original poll. The Qatar soccer federation vice president had allegedly not cperated in a previous ethics case which was not specified.That decision was seen by some of the AFCs 47 member federations as unwanted interference from Zurich. It also improved the election prospects of Irans Ali Kafashian. The other candidaates were Chinas Zhang Jian and Zainudin Nordin of Singapore.ddddddddddddThe third FIFA seat is reserved for women. The candidates in September were: Moya Dodd of Australia, North Koreas Han Un Gyong and Mafuza Akhter of Bangladesh.The three new seats on the expanded and rebranded 37-member FIFA Council have two-year mandates to 2019.In February, the existing FIFA Council seat of Sheik Ahmad Fahad Al Ahmad Al Sabah, the influential Olympic power broker from Kuwait, is also due for re-election for two more years.Sheik Ahmad has continued his FIFA duties despite Kuwait being banned from international soccer for the past year. FIFA intervened in a dispute over government interference in the independent management of Kuwaits national soccer body. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 74 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen