everybodys just telling me to play my role (and) e

in Mitglieder 16.04.2019 08:46
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Nikita Kucherov had two goals and two assists, Ben Bishop made 26 saves, and the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the New York Islanders 6-1 Tuesday night.Steven Stamkos, Brian Boyle, J.T. Brown, and Valtteri Filppula also scored, and Victor Hedman and Slater Koekkoek each had two assists to help the Lightning snap a three-game skid and finish a 3-3-0 road trip.Dennis Seidenberg scored for the Islanders, giving them goals by defensemen in six straight games. Thomas Greiss started in goal and gave up three goals on 11 shots in the first 134. He was replaced by Jaroslav Halak, who allowed three goals in the second period and finished with 22 saves.It was the teams first meeting since the Lightning beat the Islanders in five games in the Eastern Conference semifinals last spring.Tampa Bay, coming off a 6-1 loss at the New York Rangers on Sunday, got off to a strong start.Kucherov tk a beautiful cross-ice pass from Stamkos on the power play and beat Greiss on the short side to at 3:21.Kucherov doubled the lead with 7:42 left in the first on a wrist shot from the left faceoff dot for another power-play score and his third of the season. Stamkos tip-in 1:16 later made it 3-0 and chased Greiss.Stamkos appeared to have tallied another power-play goal in the first but Islanders coach Jack Capuano challenged and the goal was disallowed for offside after a review.The Lightning outshot the Islanders 14-4 in the first.Boyle lifted a backhand past Halak at 6:17 of the second, Brown converted a short-handed breakaway for his first of the season at 90, and Filppula picked up his 149th career goal -- and 49th with Tampa Bay -- with 8:41 remaining in the period to make it 6-0.Seidenberg got the Islanders on the board with a hard slap shot from inside the blue line beyond the right faceoff circle with 30 seconds left in the second.Less than two minutes into the game, Islanders defenseman Calvin de Haan laid a big hit on the Lightnings Jonathan Drouin. Ryan Callahan -- playing his second game since offseason surgery -- felt the need to protect his teammate and dropped the gloves with de Haan. Drouin left the game and did not return.Boyle and Travis Hamonic also fought later in the contest.Islanders rkie Anthony Beauvillier played in his ninth career NHL game. Once the 19-year-old plays his 10th NHL game, it will accelerate his entry-level contract by one season. New Yorks other 19-year-old rkie, Mathew Barzal, has only played two games.Game notes The Islanders scratched C Barzal (illness), G Jean-Francois Berube and RW Alan Quine. ... Casey Cizikas skated in his 300th career NHL game. ... Tampa Bay scratched C Cedric Paquette and D Nikita Nesterov. . Lightning F Slater Koekkoek made his season debut after being recalled from Syracuse of the American Hockey League on Monday.UP NEXTLightning: Host Boston on Thursday night.Islanders: Host Philadelphia on Thursday night. Salomon Baratas Chinas . The Clippers were angry about blowing a big lead; the Kings didnt like being in that kind of hole and nearly digging themselves out only to lose. Salomon Baratas España . For the Wild it was their first win of the season and they now have a record of 1-1-2 while the Jets fall to 2-2. Jets start a six game home stand Friday with another divisional game, home to the Dallas Stars. http://www.baratassalomon.es/ . Malkin got tangled up with Detroits Luke Glendening early in the third period and his left skate tk the brunt of collision with the boards behind Pittsburghs net. Salomon Baratas Chinas Online . To the surprise of many, it isnt the Wolverines but their in-state rivals the Michigan State Spartans. Zapatillas Salomon Baratas . "Four now," Carl Gunnarsson told the Leaf Report proudly following a 5-2 victory over New York on Tuesday night, the clubs fifth straight at home.GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The "Honey Badger" is about to get his first NFL start. Arizona coach Bruce Arians said Tuesday that rkie Tyrann Mathieu will start at free safety in place of injured Rashad Johnson when the Cardinals play the Dallas Cowboys on Saturday. Mathieu has been a sensation in training camp as he lks to make a comeback after being bted from the LSU team for marijuana use and sitting out ftball altogether last season. In his NFL debut in Arizonas 17-0 victory at Green Bay last week, Mathieu had a 12-yard sack, a tackle for loss, a pass defended, two special teams tackles and a 24-yard punt return. Johnson has a mild ankle and knee sprain, injuries that occurred when he broke up a pass late in practice on Monday. "Well be cautious with him," Arians said. "Hes having such a great camp." Mathieu said is among those who has "shown me the ropes" about playing safety and he wishes him a speedy recovery. When Johnson returns, Mathieu still figures prominently in Arizonas defence in the nickel and dime packages. Hes just making t many plays, knocking balls lse and picking off passes, in practice to not have him on the field. Arians has noted that the entire Cardinals squad has taken Mathieu under its wing. The coach called the 5-ft-9 player "a lovable kid" who has been "making plays all over the field." Mathieu, a Heisman Trophy finalist in 2011, was kicked off LSUs team before the start of last season for failed drug tests. His image and presumably his NFL future tk another hit a few weeks later when he and three former teammates were arrested on marijuana chharges after police officers found 10 bags of pot and drug paraphernalia in his Baton Rouge apartment.dddddddddddd When he appeared at his introductory news conference with the Cardinals, Mathieu said he wanted to abandon his nickname of "Honey Badger" because of all the problems associated with his time at LSU. But hes found that fans still love it, shouting it out to him at practice. Now Mathieu is starting in the second preseason game after missing an entire season of ftball. "I couldnt fathom it," he said. "It probably was a longshot, but Im just putting in hard work, man, and I guess everythings starting to come together for me." Mathieu said his teammates are telling him to just do his job. "For the most part everybodys just telling me to play my role (and) everythings going to come to me," he said. "Dont get caught up in the media and all the hype thats going on right now, just go out there and keep doing what youre doing." When Arizona drafted Mathieu in the third round, it was considered a big risk for the team. From the start, he said, the Cardinals fans showed their support. Asked what theyve said to him, Mathieu said, "Gd luck, I hope you stay clean, I hope you stay healthy, I hope you come here and make plays like you did at LSU." That support has only grown through the first few weeks of training camp, not only locally but around the country. "I think a lot of people kind of jumped back on the bandwagon, so to say," he said, "on twitter, everywhere, everybodys starting to rt for me again, which is definitely encouraging." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 8 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen