e Change Your Aim?Its a huge weekend in the wor

in Bewerbung 12.04.2019 09:31
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Mets second baseman Neil Walker has been diagnosed with a herniated disk in his lower back that has caused some weakness in his ft.The initial medical recommendation is that Walker will do no additional damage by playing through the issue. Still, Mets officials and Walker are playing it safe by having another doctor review the MRI on Wednesday before potentially having him return to the field.Walker has missed the past three games because of the latest flare-up of the back issue. He experienced a similar issue, including the ft weakness, back in 2012 while with the Pittsburgh Pirates.Anytime you have a back issue, you can be symptomatic in various ways, Mets general manager Sandy Alderson said. He doesnt have any pain. There is some weakness but not significant enough to prevent him from playing. I think the big concern is: Can he further injure his back? Thats the reason for the second opinion.Alderson suggested anybody portraying the injury as career-threatening is uninformed.I think the currently circulating story is a little overblown, Alderson said. Based on the information we have currently, Neil can play. And the notion that what he has currently is career-ending is a fabrication at this stage. I dont want people to become t concerned about where we are, but were getting a second opinion, as we do in a lot of these cases, and well know more today. But as of right now, we dont think its as serious as has been portrayed.Hes got a disk [issue], which is pretty routine, the GM continued. So were not talking about something thats career-threatening in my judgment, based on what Ive heard from the doctors.Mets manager Terry Collins said the weakness caused by Walkers herniated disk is causing numbness in one of his feet and that is what is keeping him from playing.So we are waiting for the second opinion to find out if surgery is necessary immediately. If not, are we waiting? How long? Hes got to get some strength back in his leg in order to play, Collins said. So, yes, he could play. But do we take him out in the sixth inning? The other night it flared up on him. We end up winning the game, and he said, Im not sure I could have gone extra innings.That is where we stand right now. Until the second opinion comes back, we are hesitant to put him out there.Walker isnt the only player getting an additional medical review on Wednesday. Steven Matz is having his balky left shoulder re-examined. The Mets had hoped Matz would return from the disabled list to make a start on Thursday, but an impingement is still leading to rotator cuff irritation.Alderson said there is no immediate thought to shutting down Matz for the remainder of the season, despite the fact Matz already will require offseason surgery to remove a bone spur from his pitching elbow.Im pleased with the way in which these issues have been handled, Alderson said. Steven has pitched through the elbow issue over the last couple of months admirably. We certainly are going to be very careful about the shoulder, just as we have, I think, been about the elbow as well. Were not at the point yet where we say, Lk, it doesnt make any sense to continue. Until a doctor tells us that or we determine that in discussions with Steven, hes still part of the team.Alderson insisted the mounting injuries have not been frustrating given the teams play of late. With young pitchers such as Seth Lugo and Robert Gsellman having stepped into the rotation, the Mets (68-64) have moved to within 2? games of the St. Louis Cardinals for the National Leagues second wild-card spot.Were 8-2 the last 10 games, so its a little hard to be frustrated, Alderson said. Its challenging for Terry and the staff. Its challenging for the players. Its challenging for us. But, as an organization, I think were meeting the challenge. Well see what happens over the next 10 games, but Im very pleased with the way some of our young players have stepped up.Alderson did not rule out acquiring a reliever on Wednesday -- the final day a player can be obtained from outside the organization and be eligible for the postseason roster. Still, Alderson did not portray such a scenario as likely.Were still working on it, he said. We still have some things that are going on. I dont really expect that well be able to do anything significant. Its possible that well do something. But, you know, weve been happy with the young pitching as its developed over the last week or 10 days. Well have plenty of numbers.Really, at this point, its a matter of evaluating and assessing what we have internally available to us versus what we think we can get and what it would cost us in players. We have the players to make a deal. Its just a question of whether we think its worthwhile. Cheap Portland Trail Blazers Jerseys . I cant pinpoint a date, but I do remember a player from my youth. Brian Downing was with the Chicago White Sox at a time when I listened to every game I possibly could on the radio. That particular season the late great Harry Caray was calling the White Sox games. Wade Baldwin Jersey . -- When the Florida Panthers fell behind by two goals in the first period to the top team in the NHL, it appeared they were on their way to yet another loss. http://www.cheapblazersjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-jake-layman-jersey . Tests earlier this week revealed a Grade 2 left hamstring strain for Sabathia, who was hurt in last Fridays start against San Francisco. Its an injury that will require about eight weeks to heal. He finished a disappointing campaign just 14-13 with a career-worst 4. Clyde Drexler Jersey . The Montreal Canadiens announced on Friday that the veteran forward will return to the teams line-up on Saturday night when the Habs visit the Nashville Predators. Bill Walton Jersey . Coach Mike Munchak says Fokou stretched ligaments in his left knee Oct. 13 against Seattle, which could keep out up to five weeks even though the linebacker didnt need surgery.Our guest this week is fast as lightning! Kadeen Corbin plays netball for England and Loughborough Lightning and joins us in the studio for chat and games. But how will the top netball shter get on in our basketball challenge Change Your Aim?Its a huge weekend in the world of golf, and sn well find out whos won the Green Jacket for 2016! To celebrate, our Game Changers are commentating on of the most amazing Masterss moments of all time! Get in the hole!We have the latest of our brilliant free-running masterclasses with Seb Foucan.dddddddddddd This week you can learn to move like a superhero with his Tic Tac tips!Game Changers News has a special update with stars of the new Eddie The Eagle film and its Ralph Sadleir Schl taking on the All Rounder.See it all here:Friday 5.30pm Sky Sports 2, Saturday 8am Sky Sports 1 & Sky 1 and On Demand. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 24 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen