efense in the MAC.Were not concerned about where were at

in Spam Area!!! 09.04.2019 09:49
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

ST. LOUIS -- The movement of Anthony DeSclafanis pitches can be his best weapon or his worst enemy. It was the latter Wednesday night.I feel like I havent really been sharp the past couple of outings and once again today kind of struggling, DeSclafani said after the Cincinnati Reds lost 3-2 to the St. Louis Cardinals. I felt like I was able to get ahead of some guys and not able to put them away and then fall back in the count or got behind in the count early.Matt Carpenter drove DeSclafanis second pitch of the game 391 feet over the wall in right field.DeSclafani (6-1) tk his first loss of the season and in his career in five appearances against St. Louis. The three runs he gave up in five innings equaled the three total he gave up in his three previous starts against the Cardinals spanning 19 innings.I feel like I kind of beat myself tonight, DeSclafani said. Not discrediting them at all because obviously theyre a great team and a great organization and theyve got some big-time hitters there, but I felt like I didnt execute to the best of my ability at all. And thats what gd teams do, they capitalize on certain situations and thats what they did.Reds manager Bryan Price said the right-hander had trouble with his two-seam fastball control.Its a blessing, a curse with all that movement, Price said. Commanding it is a big challenge and theres days where hes spot on and other days where its running a little bit more than usual, but all in all he really did compete well.Eugenio Suarezs solo homer in the fourth for the Reds was his first since July 25.Cardinals left-hander Jaime Garcia (9- needed just 85 pitches to get through 8-plus innings and 19 of his 24 outs were ground balls or strikeouts. The lefty has given up two runs in his last 16 innings.Shortstop Greg Garcia had nine putouts. Greg Garcia and Jhonny Peralta, who played third, made back-to-back stellar defensive plays to get Jaime Garcia out of the eighth.Those ground balls, he had a lot early in the count, Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. Guys thought they saw it and it would just dance out of the zone at the last second.Peraltas solo homer in fourth was the 200th of his career. Peralta is hitting .345 in August.Seung-Hwan Oh earned his 10th save in 11 tries.Price tipped his cap to Jaime Garcia.Weve seen him really, really gd in the past; weve seen him other times where hes a little more vulnerable with his command and up in the zone, but tonight wasnt one of those nights, Price said. There wasnt much there and Anthony certainly wasnt on top of his game and still was able to go out there and be able to compete and keep it close. We just werent able to do much with Garcia.STILL STREAKINGYadier Molinas single in the sixth extended his streak of reaching base safely to 23 games. It is the longest streak by a Cardinals catcher since Gene Tenace reached in 35 straight games between 1981 and 1982.WEB GEMReds second baseman Tony Renda made a diving stop on Matt Hollidays hit up the middle. Renda was able to throw out Holliday at first saving a run.OMINOUS ANNIVERSARYSix years ago, the Cardinals and Reds got into an infamous brawl in Cincinnati sparked by comments made by Brandon Phillips about the St. Louis organization. Cardinals catcher Jason LaRue suffered a concussion during the melee and never played again.TRAINERS RMReds: RHP Alfredo Simon (trapezius) and RHP A.J. Morris (straight shoulder) were scheduled to make their second rehab appearance for Triple-A Louisville.Cardinals: 1B Matt Adams (left shoulder soreness) was a lineup scratch several hours before game-time. Peralta replaced him at sixth in the order playing third base and Carpenter moved to first base.UP NEXTReds: Homer Bailey has permitted seven runs in 8 2/3 innings his first two starts of the season.Cardinals: Carlos Martinez gets the call in the opener of a four-game series at Chicago. In two starts against the Cubs this year, both at home, hes 1-1 with a 5.25 ERA. Cheap Wholesale Air Max 720 . LOUIS -- St. Cheap Air Max 720 Online Australia . Collaros, 25, was solid last season, posting a 5-2 record as the starter while incumbent Ricky Ray was injured. Collaros also started Torontos 23-20 regular-season finale loss to Montreal — Ray didnt dress because the Argos had already clinched first in the East Division — but was one of three quarterbacks to play that day. http://www.cheapairmax720australia.com/ .com) - Yankee Stadium is the home of the Bronx Bombers, but on Sunday afternn it will open its gates to host the latest addition of the Hudson River Rivalry. Air Max 720 Australia Wholesale . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15. Cheap Wholesale Nike Air Max 720 . -- Stanford squashed Oregons national championship hopes again, schling the Ducks in power ftball. DETROIT -- Amid all his talk about taking things one game at a time and staying focused on the process, Western Michigan coach P.J. Fleck acknowledged reality.Yes, his players realize how significant this opportunity is.Were not going to sit there and trick them -- they know how big this is, Fleck said. Theyre very mature. Theyve been through a lot. They understand exactly where they are, and how hard it is to get to this point.The 13th-ranked Broncos take on Ohio on Friday night in the Mid-American Conference title game, with a chance to win WMUs first league championship since 1988. Theres more at stake than just that, of course. At No. 17 in the playoff rankings, the Broncos are trying to hold off No. 19 Navy for the Group of Five spot in a New Years Six bowl.For Ohio, this game is about more than just being a spoiler. The Bobcats (8-4) have an even longer title drought than WMU (12-0). Ohio hasnt won the MAC since 1968.I feel like there are some sleepers out there that may not think that we belong here on this stage playing this game, Ohio defensive end Tarell Basham said. Were going to play hard, physical, were going to be enthusiastic about it, and were going to show all those people that this is exactly where Ohio needs to be.The MAC title game had the same matchup for the past three years -- Northern Illinois against Bowling Green. The presence of two new teams -- one of which is undefeated and playing in its home state -- has added some significant buzz. WMU athletic director Kathy Beauregard said as of Thursday morning, ticket sales had exceeded 46,000, which would almost triple the attendance at Ford Field for last seasons championship game.Its fun to be a part of this, and fun to have this opportunity, and also to see the pride in the community, WMU quarterback Zach Terrell said.Here are a few things to watch when WMU and Ohio play for that elusive conference title:NO LOBBYINGFleck hasnt gotten t involved in the debate over where WMU should be in the rankings. He said Thursday that trying to lobby publiclly probably would be pointless.ddddddddddddOur body of work speaks for itself, Fleck said. I think everybody understands how hard it is to go undefeated, even to get to this point, especially with the coaches that are on the (playoff) committee, former coaches. But Im not going to say anything thats going to make them think differently.PRESSUREFrom the moment they beat Northwestern 22-21 in the season opener, the Broncos had a chance for a special season -- and plenty of people realized it even then. The players have had to avoid getting t far ahead of themselves.The question after Northwestern was, `So you guys think you can go undefeated? I mean, we are 1-0, Fleck said. And these guys have had to handle all those questions the entire year.LINE OF SCRIMMAGEOhio has 41 sacks on the season, and Basham has 11. He was named MAC defensive player of the year, while WMU receiver Corey Davis earned offensive player of the year honors.WMU has allowed only 12 sacks this season, so the Bobcats upset hopes could hinge on their ability to rush the passer. Ohio also has the top-ranked run defense in the MAC.Were not concerned about where were at in terms of an underdog and how most people are lking at it and whats in store for us, Ohio coach Frank Solich said. Were excited about the opportunity, well play our best ftball, and well see what happens.RECORD SETTERDavis is the career FBS leader with 5,068 yards receiving. He broke the mark held by Trevor Insley of Nevada during last weeks victory over Toledo.TURNOVERSThe Broncos are plus-18 in turnover margin, thanks to the fact that theyve given the ball away only five times. Terrell has thrown one interception all season (with 30 touchdown passes) and although WMU has 17 fumbles, it has lost only four of them.---More AP college ftball: tball.ap.org" target="_blank">www.collegeftball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 .---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 291 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen