posted by Sydney Leroux Dwyer

in Bewerbung 08.04.2019 07:53
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio --?LeBron James was at Progressive Field?for Wednesdays epic World Series finale between the Cleveland Indians and Chicago Cubs less than five months after his Cavaliers staged their own Game 7 for the ages against the Golden State Warriors.Once again a decades-long championship drought disappeared. Once again the triumphant team came back from a 3-1 series deficit to do it. Only this time, Cleveland lost as the Cubs tk the title with an 8-7 victory in 10 innings.Thats probably the worst thing about sports is when you have such an epic game, one team has to lose, James said Thursday after the Cavs shtaround. It would have been great for both sides if the game was just called off, 6-6, and both of them get the trophy.Sports is a beautiful thing. It brings so many people together. It can be heartbreaking at times. It can be uplifting ... and its never going to stop. Its going to go beyond all of us -- you guys covering the game, me playing the game -- and the thing about it is the support of teams and championships never stops. Its been going [on] forever.James chase-down block on Andre Iguodala that helped Cleveland secure its first pro championship in 52 years will be replayed forever, just as Kris Bryants throw across the infield to Anthony Rizzo at first base will mark the end of 108 years of futility for the Cubs.While James and his teammates -- many of whom, including a shirtless J.R. Smith, were also at Wednesdays game in suite-level seats?-- got to experience championship bliss, the Indians loss brought to mind all the years of postseason pain Cleveland was known for in the past: The Drive, The Fumble, The Shot and now, perhaps, The Rain Delay.Yet James doesnt see it that way.I think the Indians season was a success, James said. Obviously to get all the way there and not be able to come out victorious, it hurts, especially for those guys that have worked so hard all season. I think we all can agree that the Cubs [were] the best team all season, and they had the most talent all season long. Its just different in baseball. [Teams] have different guys at the mound each game. Its very different, but they had their chance. You cant say they didnt give it their all. They gave a great shot. Just the Cubs [were] a better team going down the stretch.While James has never lost a Game 7 in the NBA Finals, beating the San Antonio Spurs as a member of the Miami Heat in 2013 and the Warriors in June, he has lost four times overall in the Finals, including twice in Game 6 when his team held a 2-1 series lead.You never get past the pain, James said, referencing his losses to Golden State (2015), San Antonio (2007, 2014) and the Dallas Mavericks (2011). I still think about and dream about or have nightmares about losing in the Finals.Ive lost many times in the Finals. Ive won a few as well. But you never get past the pain. Its just like, as a competitor, its like, Man, what could I have done better? Could I have done this? Could I have [dove] for that lse ball? Could I have taken that charge? Could I have called out a coverage defensively? Could I have helped us win a ballgame? So you never really get past it, speaking from my perspective.The losses have weighed so much on James that after the 2015 Warriors defeat, he told reporters that he would rather not make the postseason if he knew beforehand that another Finals loss would be his fate.Its like you get all the way there and then you lose the big one, its just tough, James said Thursday when asked to recall that quote. Its tough on your psyche. Its tough on your mind. It causes a lot of stress. So that was just my personal take on it. Obviously I would never go into a season saying, Well, Im just not gd enough [to win it all] so lets not make the playoffs. I want to give my team an opportunity every year to play for the big one.Even though he had nothing to do with the Indians Game 7 loss directly -- despite James celebration of?Rajai Davis game-tying home run while wearing a Cleveland or Nowhere T-shirt seemingly already an iconic image -- James will suffer some consequences.He made a bet with former teammate and Chicago native Dwyane Wade on the series. The loser has to dress up in a full baseball uniform of the opposing team when the two meet on the court. That means James has to find a Cubs hat, jersey, pants and cleats to wear to the United Center when the Cavs play the Bulls on Dec. 2 in Chicago.Still, James was able to focus on the bright side for what is sure to be a World Series that will be talked about for years.The result is definitely not what I wanted and what the city wanted, but as a fan, extra innings in a World Series Game 7, it doesnt get any better in baseball, James said. Its just a great time in sports right now that youre able to witness these droughts being ended. I mean, you lk at the long drought the Cubs went through. You lk at ours, or our city. Its a great time in sports for two Midwestern cities, especially. Being in Chicago and being in Cleveland, its great for the fan bases. Nike Air Jordan Uk Store . Now, correct me if Im wrong but I saw one official distinctly pointing at the net indicating a gd goal but after an inconclusive review they overturned the goal. Shouldnt the ruling on the ice (gd goal) stand after an inconclusive review? Why was this overturned? James Veaudry Pembroke, ON -- Hey Kerry, Youll get a lot of these, but why was the Montreal goal against Nashville Saturday night overturned? Eller puts the puck on net and the on ice ruling from the ref behind the net is a Montreal goal. Nike Air Jordan Uk Sale . -- Eastern Kentucky thrives off creating havoc for others. http://www.ukairjordan.com/ . LOUIS -- Rkie Tavon Austin has missed another day of practice, lessening the odds hell be ready for the St. Cheap Discount Jordan Shoes . The Islanders dealt Thomas Vanek to the Montreal Canadiens after less than a year on Long Island. Meanwhile, the Oilers dealt long-time sniper Ales hemsky to the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday for a fifth-round pick in 2014 and a third-rounder in 2015. Jordan Retro Shoes Uk . The Cincinnati Reds remain perfect with their speedy rkie outfielder in the starting lineup. After an incredible and storied career with the U.S. womens national soccer team, Heather OReilly is officially hanging up her cleats?Thursday night after the game against Thailand. While she will continue to play for FC Kansas City, the match will mark her final appearance in international play.So, naturally, her teammates are enjoying their last days with her, and have -- of course -- taken to social media to thank her for her amazing contributions to the team, and to the game itself.HAO on the way to #USWNT camp. Lks like shes heading to Cabo, not Columbus. Gd vibes, indeed. #ThanksHAO pic.twitter.com/VqODJAhB7n- Becky Sauerbrunn (@beckysauerbrunn) September 13, 2016 Lets start showing our love for this gem! #ThanksHAO https://t.co/9xVIV2YCkU pic.twitter.com/e4PHIrMGRd- Ashlyn Harris (@Ashlyn_Harris) September 13, 2016 From extreme game face to your hilarious stories to your dedication to this team, Ill miss you @HeatherOReilly!! pic.twitter.com/SlmiZhFKDa- Alex Morgan (@alexmorgan13) September 2, 2016 Thank u @HeatherOReilly for being the epitome of class/competitor. Lucky to have shared the field w/you. Great career, even better person!??- Alyssa Naeher (@AlyssaNaeher) September 1, 2016 My Rms. Congratulations n an amazing international career.dddddddddddd. You are one of the best if not THE best teammate anyone could ever have. The true meaning of absolute badass, pro, works her ass off every single day type of woman and Im so happy I got to share the field with you all the while representing red, white and blue. I love you Rms!!!A photo posted by Sydney Leroux Dwyer (@sydneyleroux) onSep 1, 2016 at 12:48pm PDT There arent enough words to describe the respect and love Ive always had for @HeatherOReilly and the impact she had on soccer...- Abby Wambach (@AbbyWambach) September 1, 2016And the team couldnt help but share a hilarious video from a trip to China, with OReilly playing tour guide.Before HAO retires from #USWNT on 9/15, who could forget that time she toured China & made some friends? https://t.co/xqlfgWn9Ko. #ThanksHAO- U.S. Soccer WNT (@ussoccer_wnt) September 10, 2016Its hard to imagine that anyone will ever be able to replace OReilly, on or off the field. #ThanksHAOSee something entertaining on social media that you think deserves to be shared? Let me know on Twitter, @darcymaine_espn. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 176 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen