May and moved to Galveston, Tex

in Bewerbung 08.04.2019 07:52
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

PHILADELPHIA -- LeBron James scored 25 points, moving into 10th place on the NBAs career list, and added 14 assists and eight rebounds as the unbeaten Cleveland Cavaliers held off the winless Philadelphia 76ers 102-101 on Saturday night.Kevin Love added 20 points and 11 rebounds for the reigning champion Cavaliers, who improved to 6-0.Joel Embiid scored 22 points, making all four of his 3-point attempts, but the 76ers dropped to 0-5.James passed Hall of Famer Hakeem Olajuwon by converting a fast-break layup midway through the first quarter. Olajuwon finished his career with 26,946 points.James first attempt at passing the record was an emphatic, highlight-reel block by Embiid about 3 + minutes into the contest. After two more misses, James quickly raced up the court for an easy layup.He is No. 12 in scoring on the combined ABA/NBA list.CLIPPERS 116, SPURS 92SAN ANTONIO -- Blake Griffin scored a season-high 28 points and the Clippers handed San Antonio a second straight home loss.The Spurs have dropped two straight at the AT&T Center after losing just two regular-season home games in the previous 600 days, including a 40-1 mark last season.The Clippers shot 50 percent from the field while dominating the battle between one-loss teams.Jamal Crawford finished with 16 points, J.J. Redick had 14 and Chris Paul had nine points and 10 assists.LaMarcus Aldridge had 19 points and Kawhi Leonard added 14 for the Spurs, but the duo shot a combined 10 for 26 on the second night of a back-to-back.HAWKS 112, ROCKETS 97ATLANTA -- Dwight Howard had 20 points and 14 rebounds in his first game against his former teammates, Paul Millsap scored 23 points and Atlanta beat Houston.The Hawks scoring was unusually top-heavy. Kent Bazemore shk out of his early season scoring slump with 20 points.James Harden scored 30 points and continued his hot start to the season by making 10 of 19 shots. He had 12 assists and nine rebounds.Most of Hardens scoring came in the first half, when he had 24 points and all of his four 3-pointers in the game.Harden has recorded at least 30 points and 10 assists in four of Houstons first six games.Atlanta led most of the game as it snapped a streak of two straight losses.PACERS 111, BULLS 94INDIANAPOLIS -- C.J. Miles scored 20 points, Myles Turner added 16 and Indiana shut down weary Chicago.All-Star Paul George was ejected late in the third quarter after he inadvertently kicked the ball into the stands. He appeared to be upset following a no-call on a shot, then was called for a foul on the Bulls ensuing possession.He made his first five shots and finished with 13 points -- the first time this season hes been held to less than 20.Jimmy Butler scored 16 points but at halftime had nearly as many turnovers (four) as the Pacers had committed as a team (five). Rajon Rondo wasnt much better, and even Dwyane Wade struggled -- finishing with four points as the Bulls lost their third in a row.THUNDER 112, TIMBERWOLVES 92OKLAHOMA CITY -- Russell Westbrk scored 28 points to help Oklahoma City beat Minnesota.Westbrk also had eight assists and six rebounds. The Thunder improved to 5-1 on the season, matching their best six-game start since moving to Oklahoma City for the 2008-09 season.Enes Kanter had 20 points and 10 rebounds, Steven Adams scored 14 points and Victor Oladipo added 12 for the Thunder in their first game since being blown out by Golden State and former teammate Kevin Durant on Thursday.The Thunder shot 52 percent from the field and held the Timberwolves to 39 percent shting.Karl-Anthony Towns scored 33 points for the Timberwolves after scoring 32 Thursday night against Denver. No one else on the team reached double figures until the fourth quarter.MAGIC 88, WIZARDS 86ORLANDO, Fla. -- Jeff Green came off the bench to score 18 points and Evan Fournier added 13 to help Orlando beat Washington.On a night when the Magic starters struggled offensively, Frank Vogel elected to go with his bench for extended minutes in the fourth quarter and it paid off big. Green scored 10 points in the fourth and Mario Hezonja added eight of his nine points in the final period, while Bismack Biyombo came up with a couple of blocked shots to lift the Magic out of a 12-point, third-quarter deficit.Biyombo was big all night in the interior blocking shots and changing others when the Wizards came into the lane. He finished with nine points, three blocks and 12 rebounds.The Wizards, who were playing without point guard John Wall, couldnt convert down the stretch. After hitting several clutch shots down the stretch during Friday nights win Atlanta, Bradley Beal missed his final three shots and Markieff Morris missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer.PISTONS 103, NUGGETS 86AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Andre Drummond had 19 points and 20 rebounds, and Detroit breezed to another easy win at home.The Pistons have won all four of their home games this season by double digits, and they havent trailed by more than three points in any of them. They were never behind Saturday after scoring the games first 10 points.Marcus Morris and Jon Leuer scored 15 points each for Detroit, and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope added 13. Wilson Chandler led Denver with 21 points.BUCKS 117, KINGS 91MILWAUKEE -- Mirza Teletovic scored 22 points and matched his career high with seven 3-pointers, Giannis Antetokounmpo added 17 points, eight assists and eight rebounds, and Milwaukee beat short-handed Sacramento.Jabari Parker had 19 points for the Bucks, who pulled their starters after three quarters.Garrett Temple scored 19 and DeMarcus Cousins had 15 in the first half for the Kings, who slipped to 0-4 on their five-game road trip and gave up 100 points or more for the sixth consecutive game.Leading 61-48 at the half, the Bucks opened the third quarter with a 21-3 run. WHOLESALE NFL JERSEYS . The Montreal Canadiens announced on Friday that the veteran forward will return to the teams line-up on Saturday night when the Habs visit the Nashville Predators. JERSEYS NFL CHEAP . Bryzgalov stopped 25 shots on Saturday in the Oklahoma City Barons 4-1 victory over the Abbotsford Heat. The Oilers signed Bryzgalov to a one-year $2 million contract last Friday after shedding payroll by dealing defenceman Ladislav Smid to the Flames. http://www.cheapauthenticjerseysnfl.com/ . PETERSBURG, Fla. WHOLESALE MLB JERSEYS CHINA . The International Olympic Committee released the official list of bid cities on Friday after the deadline for applications had passed. The candidates -- all previously announced in their own countries -- are: Almaty, Kazakhstan; Beijing; Krakow, Poland; Lviv, Ukraine; Oslo, Norway; and Stockholm. CHEAP NFL JERSEYS AUTHENTIC . At a Manhattan federal court hearing, attorney Jordan Siev said his law office has gotten more evidence nearly every day to support its lawsuit accusing MLB and Selig of going on a "witch hunt" to ruin Rodriguezs reputation and career. He said the defendants went "way over the line. For almost as long as she can remember, Callie duPerier Apffel was bouncing from rodeo to rodeo across the U.S. and Canada, chasing a dream. DuPerier Apffel, 23, grew up on trail horses and began barrel racing when she was 13. For her, riding and racing fit like bts and jeans -- despite the fact shes allergic to both horses and hay and has to take medication because of it.I probably went to thousands of races as kid, she says. I cant even count how many times Ive gone to a barrel race or how many times Ive ridden around barrels.From the moment she was introduced, she was hked. I love horses, so being able to do that on your horse, I thought it was really cl, she says. The adrenaline rush she felt was more intense than from any other sport.Racers go as fast as possible in a cloverleaf pattern through three barrels -- trying hard not to knock over a barrel (a five-second penalty). Races usually last between 13 and 20 seconds.DuPerier Apffel started a few years later than most girls but learned quickly. As a high schl senior she won the Womens Professional Rodeo Association junior world title. After three years in college, she set her sights on one goal: to win the National Finals Rodeo world title.Trip duPerier has traveled the country with his daughter, helped her strategize before races and bought her the horses -- a wide variety -- that helped teach her to ride. He says Callie is humble and calm -- but shes also extremely competitive and athletic. She dont lk it on the outside, but she and me both, we do not like to lose, he says, laughing.He recalls how she played volleyball, basketball, ran track and was a cheerleader at little Medina High Schl outside San Antonio. He says in one hurdles race, she fell down on the second-to-last hurdle, but got back up and won. At one point, when she injured her knee and couldnt run, she entered the shot put -- and made the state championship. She went out for basketball for the first time as a senior, scored a bunch of points and even pulled off a reverse layup without ever having practiced the shot.Everybody was saying, Where did she come up with that? Trip says.At the same time, she was competing in high schl rodeo. With her dad in her corner, many weekends were a blur. There would be times when he would pick me up from schl or pick me up from a volleyball tournament and Id sleep the whole way to the rodeo, and then hed wake me up and Id hop on and run.She was torn between playing college volleyball and going on the rodeo circuit after high schl, but decided to play volleyball at Schreiner University in Kerrville, Texas. The 5-ft-10 outside hitter did well -- she ranks No. 3 on the schls list for most points in a season -- but suffered a shoulder injury that prompted her to leave college and pursue rodeo after three seasons.Her quest became to qualify for National Finals Rodeo and win the world title. To do that, shed have to crisscross the country, entering rodeos here, there and everywhere to earn enough money to be among the top 15 earners invited to the annual NFR event in Las Vegas.Its a tough and expensive task, but Callie and Trip were committed to it. It meant long drives and plane rides, sometimes trailering two horses at a time (they hired a driver) so theyd have horses at different venues at the same time, and the support of shoers, veterinarians, other riders and the whole duPerier family.dddddddddddd Callie might have to be in Oakdale, Utah, one night and St. Paul, Oregon, the next. A victory could be worth a few hundred dollars or several thousand. It was a marathon.Wed be like in Tupelo, Mississippi, and in 16 hours youve got to be at the southern tip of Florida, and youre driving 75, 80 the whole way and you step out of your trailer, you saddle your horse and theyre calling your name, Trip recalls.Her first full season of 2014 she competed in 85 events and finished 25th in earnings. But she was No. 3 among Womens Pro Rodeo Association rkies. In 2015, she entered 100 events and was No. 1 in money earned -- and qualified for Vegas.Going into the 10-round, three-day NFR competition, Callie and Trip had a plan: be consistent, dont hit barrels and keep advancing and winning money. She decided to focus on each race without thinking about cumulative times or earnings. I was like, Yeah, I can make 10 clean runs on [my horse] Dillon. And thank gdness it happened, she says.At the end of 10 runs, her aggregate time was 140.41 seconds, .34 less than the next rider. That gave her the average title for that competition and $67,269 in prize money, which vaulted her to the top of the season money list at $303,846. She had become world champion.I got to do a victory lap because I had won the average, but I had no idea that I had won the world, she says. So I did my victory lap and was waving and got off and they were talking to me and telling me congratulations, and I still thought Id just won the average. Then when I was about to do an interview, they said something about winning the world, and I was like, Wait, I won? ... I started crying and said, I have to tell my dad. Being a numbers guy, Trip already knew, even if she didnt. He also knew that the long run to a championship was both satisfying and expensive. I bet it cost us about 150 [thousand dollars] to make 300, he says.After winning that title last year, duPerier Apffel decided 2016 would be the perfect time to rein in the pro career. She had a wedding to plan in May and moved to Galveston, Texas, where her husband, Kaleb, operates a lumber yard. Instead of spending months on the road and galloping around barrels, shes organizing and decorating their home and hunting and fishing with Kaleb. For once, she has free time.She has competed in several events of the new Elite Rodeo Athletes (ERA) League of Rodeo Champions, even winning the first one in Oregon in April and taking second at the next stop in Idaho. Yet she admits shes not all-in the way she has been in the past. She has other priorities, like staying close to home and maybe starting a family. She has no desire to live out of a suitcase anymore. But its hard to keep a world champion barrel racer out of the saddle.When shes asked if rodeo -- perhaps on a smaller scale -- might always be a part of her life, she says yes. I dont plan on fully quitting, because its fun, she says. I love it. I like the rush of riding. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 636 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen