f the game, and Seth Smith followed with

in Spam Area!!! 04.04.2019 07:47
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

CHICAGO - By midnight, half the game was a distant memory. The fifth-longest in Stanley Cup final history featured 112 minutes of hockey between the Chicago Blackhawks and Boston Bruins. "Just basically played two hockey games in one night," Chicago coach Joel Quenneville said. Game 1 only counted for one victory, but the Blackhawks will gladly take it after Andrew Shaw ended the thriller in triple overtime to beat the Bruins 4-3 Wednesday night at United Center. It was a game that felt like an instant classic before it ended. "Its fun being in the finals, the last two teams playing, all the hockey world is watching," Blackhawks right-winger Patrick Sharp said, "and to put an effort like that from both sides, it was fun to be a part of. And thank God its over." How it got to overtime felt like such a ftnote by the time Michal Rozsivals shot deflected off Dave Bolland, then Shaw and into the net past brilliant Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask. Boston tk a two-goal lead in the third period and blew it, only to regret it hours later after two unsuccessful power plays and countless chances to wrest home-ice advantage from the Presidents Trophy winners. "Its never easy to lose a game when youre in the third overtime period," Bruins coach Claude Julien said. "Eventually somebody is going to score a goal as fatigue sets in." Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews didnt play as long as defenceman Duncan Keith (48:40) or Dennis Seidenberg of the Bruins (a game-high 486), but he felt the fatigue as the overtimes dragged on. He tried not to focus on it. "Both teams are just kicking, trying to survive," Toews said. "Every time you go back on the ice, you just try and get that feeling that its just going to be that one chance that makes the difference." Just as it hit Thursday morning in the Central Time Zone, the Blackhawks got that chance. Shaw called it simply "luck," as a double deflection finally beat Rask, who stopped 59 of the 63 shots he faced. It was hard to fault Rask and easy to credit Corey Crawford, the Blackhawks goalie whose 51 stops, including many quality ones after regulation, kept the game rising in the record bks. "Any time he makes those saves and gives you that sort of jump, when you make a mistake as a D-man and hes there to stop it, it feels gd," said defenceman Johnny Oduya, who scored the tying goal in the third period. "Sometimes its mental and you get that little bit of extra energy and you can keep going." The Blackhawks and Bruins had no other choice but to keep going. "Its just part of the playoffs," Keith said. "You have to battle through things like that. Theres no saying youre tired. Its just finding a way." Time and again the Bruins had their chances to find a way to end it. Toews couldnt recall when it happened, but the Blackhawks tk two penalties for t many men on the ice in overtime and twice killed them off. Midway through the third overtime, Kaspars Daugavins had Game 1 heroics on his stick and Crawford beat. By the time the Bruins forward tried to deke, Oduya was there to intercept it for the defensive play of the night. "I just tried to put my stick in and kind of force him to do something," Oduya said. "I got lucky on that play." Sometimes its better to be lucky than gd. The Bruins would have left happy had captain Zdeno Charas shot late in the second overtime bounced of Jaromir Jagrs skate and in, instead of ringing off the post and out. But the teams played on until Shaws goal 12:08 into the sixth period of the game. The 21-year-old was "t exhausted" afterward to describe the feeling of scoring the game-winner in a marathon, though cursing on live television probably did the trick. "Stanley Cup Playoffs, something you dream of as a kid," Shaw said. "The opportunitys there. You have to seize it when its there." And so the Blackhawks seized opportunity, sending a sellout crowd of 22,110 home happy long after they had to claw back from a two-goal deficit with 13:51 left in the third period. As their goal song, "Chelsea Dagger," played above the echo of the goal horn, fatigue was replaced by relief and much more. "Just the feeling overall is just tremendous," Oduya said. "You go out there, you got nothing to lose. You feel alive. This is what its all about." Cheap Real Jordan 12 . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im lking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said. Air Jordan 12 Online Sale . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternn by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. http://www.cheapairjordan12uk.com/ . After slipping from the summit during the week, the Gunners overcame struggling Crystal Palace 2-0 on Sunday thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains second-half brace. Jordan 12 For Sale Uk .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. Air Jordan 12 Retro Uk . The 43-year-old closer, in his 19th and final big league season, has said hed like to play the outfield. Yankees manager Joe Girardi says hes thinking about allowing Rivera to do it this weekend, when the Yankees finish their season with a three-game series at the Houston Astros. SEATTLE -- Mike Fiers was coming off perhaps his worst start of the season. He followed it up with one of his best at a crucial time for the Houston Astros.Fiers pitched six scoreless innings Saturday night as the Astros beat the Seattle Mariners 2-1.Houston pulled into a tie with Seattle and Detroit in the AL wild-card race, three games behind Baltimore and Toronto.In his last start, Fiers (11-7) gave up seven runs on seven hits in 2 1/3 innings in a 9-5 loss to the Cubs. Before Saturdays game, Houston manager A.J. Hinch praised Fiers perseverance, a quality that paid off against Seattle.I do expect him on any given night to come out and give a gd performance, Hinch said. This is a gd ballpark for him to pitch in. When he throws strikes and mixes his pitches, hes as gd as weve got.Fiers gave up singles to the first two batters he faced, but allowed only one more hit. It was the third time Fiers didnt allow a run in 27 starts this season, and the three hits allowed also equaled his season best.Weve got a great starting rotation, Fiers said. Maybe things havent gone the way weve wanted them to be, but were still going out there and trying to do our job and not worry about everybody else. Just go game to game.The Astros needed a strong pitching performance, as Seattle starter James Paxton (4-7) dominated early. Paxton was perfect through five innings before allowing both runs in the sixth.At one point you get a little nervous, when you get to the middle part of the game and we hadnt had a baserunner, Hinch said. We just had to wait him out to get a gd pitch.Teoscar Hernandez got the Astros first hit to lead off the sixth, a line drive that had Paxton ducking out of the way. Tyler White followed with a double, putting runners aat second and third.ddddddddddddAfter Jake Marisnick grounded out and Paxton struck out George Springer, Yuli Gurriel drove both runs home with a single to give the Astros a 2-0 lead.Paxton pitched through the seventh, giving up four hits with an intentional walk and seven strikeouts.The Mariners had chances to rally in the late innings but fell short.Chris Devenski relieved Fiers in the seventh inning and gave up singles to Kyle Seager and Leonys Martin, putting runners on first and second with two outs. It was the first time the Mariners had multiple baserunners in the game, but Devenski got out of the jam by striking out Mike Zunino after running the count full.In the eighth, Nori Aoki beat out an infield single for his third hit of the game, and Seth Smith followed with an RBI double off Luke Gregerson to cut the Astros lead to one.Gregerson kept Seattle from adding any more, getting Robinson Cano to strike out on a check swing and Nelson Cruz with a pop out to second to end the inning.Our guys are a little anxious. I think you can see it, Seattle manager Scott Servais said. Theres no doubt that were a better offensive club than weve shown the last few nights.TRAINERS RMMariners 1B Adam Lind missed his fifth straight game with a sprained finger on his right hand. Servais said Lind is day to day.UP NEXTAstros: RHP Doug Fister (12-11, 4.17 ERA) will start the series finale. Fister has lost three straight decisions, with his last win coming Aug. 22.Mariners: LHP Ariel Miranda (4-1, 4.10) will make his eighth career start and first against Houston. He has earned the win in each of his last three starts. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 438 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen