ini missed seven games with a knee injury la

in Clan- und Funwars 04.04.2019 04:33
von lebaobei123 | 302 Beiträge

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The pain got to be t much for Chris Snee. So the veteran guard told the New York Giants on Monday that he is retiring. Snee met with coach Tom Coughlin, who also is his father-in-law, then said he was ending his NFL career after 10 seasons. He has had two hip surgeries and now is most troubled by right elbow and wrist problems. He sat out minicamp last month but indicated he expected to play this season. "I take tremendous pride in the effort that I put in the weight rm and being the strongest player on the field," the 32-year-old Snee said. "Im nowhere near that, so I knew that even if I came here today, I wouldnt be able to practice. Youre trying to catch up and Ive been trying to get my strength back, but I think its time to just let the arm cl down." Snee was a second-round pick in 2004 out of Boston College and has made four Pro Bowls. He was to be the anchor of a revamped offensive line this season -- a unit that underperformed in 2013 with Snee sidelined for all but three games. Snee started every game in which he played over the last decade, 141 in all. He made the Pro Bowl in 2008, 09, 10 and 12, a versatile blocker as efficient in pass protection as he was in the running game. He won two Super Bowls as New Yorks starting right guard. "To me, he was the best guard in all of ftball," Coughlin said. "No doubt. No matter who you put him against, all of the great defensive tackles in the game, the 350 (pound) guys, the 340 guys, he blocked them. When he first came here, he was so, so committed and so driven to excel at the professional level as he had excelled at the collegiate level." Snees retirement leaves three players on the roster who won the NFL title after the 2007 and 2011 seasons: quarterback Eli Manning, long snapper Zak DeOssie and linebacker-defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka, who was on injured reserve for the first of those games. Snee joined the team the same year as Manning, who now is the longest-tenured Giant. "He called me yesterday and told me the news," Manning said. "I kind of knew there was a possibility with everything going on with his health. Im obviously disappointed just because weve had a long run together. We came in the same year, were rmmates for home games and away games that first year. Weve won a lot of games and been through a lot together and been great pals, so I told him Id miss him." Coughlin, of course, has another reason for missing Snee. "Its different," Coughlin said, "because not only is it a great ftball player retiring from the game, who has contributed so much to our team and our franchise and has two world championships to show for it, he is a highly respected and loved member of our family." Buy Air Jordan 11 Uk . -- Novak Djokovic benefited from an erroneous call and claimed he didnt realize he had broken the rules. Authentic Jordan 11 For Sale Cheap . - Rkie Kyle Larson will start from the pole position Saturday night in the NASCAR race at Richmond International Raceway after a thunderstorm arrived just in time to wash out qualifying. http://www.airjordan11uk.com/. THE THUNDER & PACERS BENCHES: In a nutshell, not impressive at all. Jordan Retro 11 Clearance . Scolari says that although Brazilians have the right to complain about the government and demand improvements, perhaps the protests wont be coming at the "right time. Air Jordan 11 Uk Sale . After two months of mediocrity, perhaps the Washington Nationals have turned the page. Strasburg struck out 11 in seven innings Wednesday night and the Nationals kept the Philadelphia Phillies bats quiet yet again in an 8-4, rain-interrupted win.NEW YORK -- The New York Jets have agreed to terms with former Denver Broncos wide receiver Eric Decker, considered by many the top free agent at his position. Decker spent all day Wednesday at the Jets facility and had dinner with a contingent of team officials, including coach Rex Ryan. He gives quarterback Geno Smith and the offence a sorely needed playmaker and No. 1-type wide receiver. According to ESPNs Adam Schefter, its a five-year, $36.25 million deal with $16 million guaranteed. The Jets on Monday cut talented but oft-injured wide receiver Santonio Holmes after four seasons. The move saved the Jets $8.25 million, and Holmes was also scheduled to have a $10.75 million cap number, a lofty total for a one-time Super Bowl MVP who has struggled with inconsistency the last two seasons. He turned 30 last week. The Jets get a rising star in Decker, who last season combined with Demaryius Thomas as the most prolific receiving tandem (2,718 yards) in the league, meshing with Peyton Manning all year. The 6-ft-3, 214-pound Decker, wholl be 27 on Saturday, set career highs with 87 catches and 1,288 yards receiving to go along with 11 touchdowns. He had 85 receptions for 1,064 yards and a career-best 13 TDs in 2012. Getting a top receiver was a priority as the Jets headed into free agency, especially after parting with Holmes. Decker emerged late last season, with a four-touchdown breakout at Kansas City on Dec. 1. Until then, the only starring role Decker enjoyed with the Broncos had come in his reality TVV show about his wedding to country and pop singer Jessie James.dddddddddddd He was in the final year of the contract he signed as a rkie four years ago with no extension in hand. He ended December with eight touchdowns for the Broncos, a triumph of sorts for a player who had contended with a balky shoulder and endless comparisons to teammates Thomas, Wes Welker and Julius Thomas. The slump-busting performance against the Chiefs did wonders for him as the Broncos advanced to the Super Bowl. Also Wednesday, the Jets agreed to terms with former Seattle Seahawks right tackle Breno Giacomini, quickly finding a replacement for Austin Howard. The Jets re-signed backup defensive lineman Leger Douzable to a one-year deal, t. Giacomini missed seven games with a knee injury last season for Seattle, but was back in time for the Seahawks run to their Super Bowl title against Denver. The 6-ft-7, 318-pound Giacomini will replace Howard, who signed with Oakland as a free agent after starting every game the last two seasons. Giacomini was a fifth-round pick in 2008 of Green Bay, where he spent three seasons before spending the last three with Seattle. Douzable signed with New York as a free agent last off-season and had 20 tackles and a career-high 1 1/2 sacks. The Jets earlier released cornerback Antonio Cromartie, clearing $17.75 million of salary cap space. New York could also save another $8.3 million if they cut quarterback Mark Sanchez, who missed last season with a shoulder injury. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 221 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen