dont get the joke, you failed junior high geography. Seriously t

in Spam Area!!! 03.04.2019 06:48
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

BOSTON -- Koji Uehara entered Tuesday nights game in a nonsave situation in the ninth inning. Seven pitches later, he exited clutching his right arm and praying he hadnt suffered a serious injury.It was the last thing the Boston Red Sox needed, especially with closer Craig Kimbrel already on the disabled list.Uehara described the injury as muscle soreness after the Red Soxs 4-0 win over the San Francisco Giants. Boston manager John Farrell characterized it as a strained pectoral muscle. Either way, the Red Sox wont be certain how long Uehara will be sidelined until the 41-year-old right-hander is re-evaluated Wednesday.Its just some soreness that I feel, Uehara said through translator C.J. Matsumoto. I thought it was just soreness. Muscle soreness. Im just praying that its not that serious.Uehara said he felt the soreness on his fifth pitch of the inning. He struck out Giants first baseman Brandon Belt on the next pitch, then threw one pitch to Buster Posey before summoning Farrell and an athletic trainer. After a brief mound conference, Uehara left the game and went directly into the clubhouse to be examined.Farrell defended his decision to use Uehara with the Red Sox leading by four runs, even though the team is set to begin a stretch of 20 consecutive games without a day off and Kimbrel is out until at least next month after undergoing surgery on his left knee on July 11.Weve seen Koji Uehara where hes worked best with a clean inning, Farrell said. If [the Giants] have got a guy on, middle of the order, going to go to him. Hes most effective, most efficient with a clean inning. Four-run game at home, thats the reason to go to him in that spot.Indeed, Farrell has been consistent with his usage of Uehara is such situations. Since midway through the 2013 season, when Uehara tk over in the closer role, Farrell has brought him in to start the ninth inning with a four-run lead 12 times.Farrell said he cant tell you at this point how much time Koji will miss.In Ueharas absence, recently acquired setup man Brad Ziegler would be the first choice to close games. Ziegler had 18 saves for the Arizona Diamondbacks before being traded to the Red Sox on July 9.The Red Sox also are expecting setup man Junichi Tazawa (right shoulder impingement) to return from the disabled list before Friday nights game against the Minnesota Twins.As weve had to go to other guys to step up, well lk to do that, Farrell said. With Brad here, again, not knowing how long Koji will be down, weve got other options to go to to close out ballgames. Air Max Rea Sverige . For the Wild it was their first win of the season and they now have a record of 1-1-2 while the Jets fall to 2-2. Jets start a six game home stand Friday with another divisional game, home to the Dallas Stars. Air Max Sverige . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing rm, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. http://www.airmaxsverige.com/ . Artturi Lehkonen, Joni Nikko and Ville Leskinen had the other goals for Finland (1-0) while Juuse Saros stopped 28 shots. Tim Robin Johnsgard had the lone goal for Norway (0-2). Air Max Skor Rea . In the lead up - which seemed to begin the moment Mike Geiger blew the whistle in Houston last Thursday night - the Impact rumour mill went into overdrive. The speculation went into meltdown mode, of the golden nugget variety. Air Max Skor Online .S District Court against Major League Baseball, the Office of the Commissioner and his own union, the MLBPA. Rod Pampling, who was ranked 451st coming into the week of the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open, pulled off just his third victory in more than 300 career PGA Tour starts.Can the Aussies victory catapult him into a career resurgence at 47 years old? Which top-10 finisher in Las Vegas turned the most heads?Those are just a pair of the pressing topics in golf that were talking about in this weeks edition of Monday Four-Ball.1. What does it say about the PGA Tour that Rod Pampling can go a decade between victories?SportsCenter anchor Jonathan Coachman: It says to me that it is deep with talent. Pampling actually beat a former U.S. Open champ and a guy who just played in the Ryder Cup. I like watching tournaments that are not just a bombers paradise and anyone in the field, if on their game, can win on any given week. It also tells me that guys that are getting into their upper 40s are keeping themselves in better shape, allowing them to compete for four rounds and not fade down the stretch.ESPN.com senior golf writer Michael Collins: It says the PGA Tour needs to make some more clerical errors by accidentally increasing the field size to 144. It also shows just how razor blade-thin the difference is between those who win tournaments on the PGA Tour and those who just play on the Web.com Tour.ESPN.com senior golf writer Bob Harig: It says more about golf, a very unusual game in that way. Pampling went from just barely getting his PGA Tour card for this season to now having secured it for two-plus years based on a great week.ESPN.com senior golf writer Jason Sobel:? We need to stop saying never. Whether its Tiger Wds winning another major or any other seemingly improbable result, lets remember to always keep the dr open for possibilities. Hell, the Cubs just won the World Series. Pamplings win after a decade away from the winners circle shouldnt even make us blink anymore.2. Who makes the most of their finish last week for the rest of the year, Rod Pampling or Lucas Glover?Coachman: Glover. This one is easy. I just dont believe that Pampling -- with his age and lack of finishes the past 10 years -- can be in the money very many times. At times we have seen Glover the past couple of years start to get his form back that allowed him to win his major. I dont expect much from either guy, but my answer for this question is Glover. I do hope that they both prove me wrong. I love to see guys compete well this late in their careers.Collins: Glover. I expect to see Glover make it through to the BMW Championship during the FedEx Cup playoffs. This makes two straight top-five finishes, but more importantly, Glover is 32 under in his past eight rounds, which means hes really feeling gd about his putter.Harig: Pampling already has. He had to play in the Web.com Tour finals in order to make it onto the tour, and now he has a full status through the rest of this season and two more. Glover, the 2009 U.S. Open champion, has helped himself greatly, but has nowhere near the guarantees that Pampling has now afforded himself.Sobel: It was an unfortunate finish for Glover, but I think hes still got some gaame.dddddddddddd Wouldnt surprise me to see him contend a few more times this season and maybe claim his fourth career victory -- which would be just his second since the 2009 U.S. Open.3. Biggest surprise top-10 finisher in Vegas?Coachman: I will go with Aaron Wise, who tied for 10th. This kid is fresh out of college at Oregon. I think you need time to adjust to this lifestyle. When you dont have your PGA Tour card, the pressure of earning money goes along with the added pressure of needing a top-10 finish to get you in the next weeks tournament. I loved watching him help win the national title last year and hope that he can continue to play well the rest of the fall.Collins: Pat Perez. It was only his second start coming back from shoulder surgery earlier this year. His first start was at the CIMB Classic, which has no cut, and he finished T-33. With the pressure of needing to play well in a limited amount of starts (hes on a medical exemption this year), a T-7 finish means the world to Perez.Harig: Geoff Ogilvy. The 2006 U.S. Open winner had just two top-10s over the past two seasons and had to use a one-time exemption this year for being among the top 50 money winners all time just to play on tour this season. Now hes on his way to securing his card via the top 125 for next season.Sobel: Not sure if Id call it a surprise, but NCAA individual champion Wise had missed the cut in three of his first four PGA Tour starts, but finished T-10 this past week, thanks to a final-round 68. And yes, thats a meaningful delineation: It was just enough to qualify him for this weeks event at Mayakoba, at which he can build on that success.4. Thumbs up or thumbs down to the report that the European Tour is considering holding a 72-hole official tournament at night?Coachman: Thumbs up. This would be awesome. I think playing at night is just insane and if they can have a championship course that is completely under the lights, that can be the start of every tour doing it. Players would scramble to put that tournament on their schedule immediately.Collins: Thumbs up. Have them play in Iceland in July. If you dont get the joke, you failed junior high geography. Seriously though, I play a lighted golf course and its a lot of fun, but the depth perception and green reads are definitely different. Seeing pros play a tournament that counts would be great.Harig: Thumbs up. As long as it is done properly -- i.e. they provide enough light on all of the holes to see well -- it is a great idea that will draw interest. Golf needs to strive for unique formats and playing circumstances in what is a very long year.Sobel: In an industry where so many people/organizations t often grumble about the need to grow the game without putting any concrete ideas into action, Im a big fan of trying things. If it doesnt work, fine. But golf isnt going to grow by stagnating in the status quo. I like when chances are taken, especially in tournament formats that are t often t similar on a weekly basis. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 110 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen