... Trea Turner spoke Sunday about the trade that sent 2

in Bewerbung 02.04.2019 08:01
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

BOZEMAN, Mont. -- Tyler Hall scored 24 points to lead Montana State to its third straight win, knocking off James Madison 80-73 on Friday night.Montana State (3-1) dropped its opening game to Washington State 69-65 before getting three consecutive wins.Harald Frey had 14 points and three assists for the Bobcats, who made 23 of 32 free throw attempts. James Madison was 29 of 38 from the line as the teams were whistled for 56 total fouls. Hall made 6 of 7 free throws, his first miss of the season after making 32 straight.The Bobcats held a 39-32 advantage at the break. The Dukes (0-3) closed to 75-70 with 42 seconds left when Joey McLean nailed a 3-pointer, but the Bobcats made five free throws down the stretch to seal the win.McLean and Shakir Brown had 15 point apiece for James Madison. Brown also grabbed eight rebounds. Authentic Jerseys From China . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. NFL Jerseys From China . Malkin got tangled up with Detroits Luke Glendening early in the third period and his left skate tk the brunt of collision with the boards behind Pittsburghs net. http://www.wholesalejerseyschinaonline.com/ .com) - The red-hot Los Angeles Kings will try to extend their winning streak to a season-high seven games when they visit the Edmonton Oilers for Sundays clash at Rexall Place. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Authentic . -- An ugly goal by Nick Bonino helped the Anaheim Ducks overcome the defensive-minded Phoenix Coyotes on a night when their ragged power play continued to struggle. Cheap Soccer Jerseys . 10 Texas Rangers jersey for one last time. Young formally announced his retirement Friday after returning to Rangers Ballpark, his baseball home for all but the last of his 13 major league seasons. WASHINGTON -- Stephen Strasburg thinks relying t much on his new slider put stress on his pitching arm and contributed to the injury problems that sidelined him during the second half of last season and the playoffs.I fell in love with it, the Washington Nationals right-hander said Sunday at the teams annual fan festival, because it was working, especially the first half. I mean, it was a quick out.Strasburg threw sliders on 17.1 percent of his pitches last season, according to Fangraphs, more than changeups (13.1 percent) or curveballs (12.6). He said that because the slider was not a pitch he was used to throwing, he had trouble delivering it exactly the same way each time.That altered his motion, and the fact that he went with the slider more often than he should have, he believes, led to a tendon issue in his right elbow -- although one that is now resolved, he said.I had a new pitch, and I probably abused it. So I need to go back to what Ive thrown much longer, said Strasburg, sporting a thick beard.The No. 1 overall pick in the 2009 amateur draft, now 28, had Tommy John surgery in 2011, then was shut down by the Nationals late in 2012 to protect his repaired elbow. This season, he started 13-0 with a 2.51 ERA, and in the midst of that stretch signed a $175 million, seven-year contract.He went on the DL with elbow soreness in August, then made one more start before being out again.Strasburgs final 2016 numbers: 15-4 with a 3.60 ERA and 183 strikeouts in only 147 2/3 innings.His biggest takeaway? He said he plans to do everything I can to make the adjustments to stay healthy for the whole season next year.To that end, pitching coach Mike Maddux mentioned that he thinks Strasburg might opt for a tweaked between-starts throwing program in 2017.Were going to sit down with him and discuss it, Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo said, noting that Strasburg had been in town to meet with the teams medical staff and strength aand conditioning staff.ddddddddddddhrough spring training, Rizzo added, well devise a workout program to handle the forearm soreness.Strasburg will start his offseason throwing, as usual, in late December or early January. Until then, strengthening his forearm is key.I did stuff like that in the past, but it wasnt as much as Im doing right now, he said. When you get older and youve had Tommy John, youve got to kind of tweak it a little bit, because the muscles in your arm are just going to maybe change a little bit. Ive just got to make more of an emphasis on slowing everything down and just making the most of the exercises.Game notes Rizzo did not offer much insight or information on where things stand on a closer for 2017. The GM said he has spoken to the agent for free agent Kenley Jansen several times, but did not directly answer when asked whether the Nationals had made an offer. Were lking for back-end-of-the-bullpen help -- and were lking for bullpen help, in general, Rizzo said. ... Trea Turner spoke Sunday about the trade that sent 2016 starting SS Danny Espinosa to the Los Angeles Angels for two minor league pitchers, allowing Turner to return to his natural position, shortstop, after learning to play center field last season. Excited to have an opportunity to go back there. Thats where Im more comfortable, where Ive played the majority of my career, Turner said. I lk forward to trying to prove I can play there at a high level and be consistent. Espinosa would most likely have been a reserve and utilityman with Washington, and Rizzo said: I knew hed be frustrated with the bench role. Manager Dusty Baker called the deal, made late Saturday night, definitely gd for Danny, because he deserves to play every day.---Follow Howard Fendrich on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrich ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 389 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen