what happened in the first corner and its payback, t

in Laberecke 29.03.2019 07:01
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

ATLANTA -- Georgia Techs relentless spread-option attack with its triple-option potential is known for causing sleepless nights for defensive crdinators.Most of the Yellow Jackets yards usually come on the ground.This week Georgia Tech also has to worry about stopping the run when Southeastern Conference rushing leader Ralph Webb leads Vanderbilt against the Yellow Jackets on Saturday.Webb ran for a career-high 211 yards and two touchdowns in the Commodores 47-24 win over Middle Tennessee last week. Webb, a junior, is only 711 yards rushing behind Zac Stacys Vanderbilt career record.I would think if we dont stop it well see it until our nose bleeds, said Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson of Webbs runs. Hell be downhill.Coach Derek Mason isnt afraid of giving the ball to Webb as much as possible.Youve got to go with what works for you, Mason said.Johnson said Vanderbilt is a power running team.Theyre gonna pack it in there and come get you, he said. Theyre not hard to find.Webb leads the SEC with 308 yards rushing after running for 1,152 yards in 2015.Georgia Tech (2-0) has dominated the series against Vanderbilt (1-1). The Yellow Jackets have won five straight in the series, including the most recent meeting in 2009, and are 11-0-1 against the Commodores since 1941.Vanderbilt center Barrett Gouger said this is a chance to end that ugly streak.Were facing a Georgia Tech team who we have not had the opportunity to beat in a while, Gouger said. ... So theres an opportunity in front of us to do something great.---Some other things to lk for as Georgia Tech faces Vanderbilt:QB OK TO GO: Georgia Tech quarterback Justin Thomas was held out of the second half of last weeks 35-10 win over Mercer with a minor injury but is expected to start this week. Backup quarterbacks Matthew Jordan and TaQuon Marshall each ran for a touchdown after Thomas left last week.HELP FOR WEBB: Webbs big game last week was Vanderbilts best rushing performance since Frank Mordica set the SEC record with 321 yards in 1978. Whats helping keep Webb fresh through two games this season is the emergence of Khari Blasingame, who moved from linebacker to running back. Blasingame has 87 yards rushing with a team-leading three touchdowns on the ground.LIGHTS ON: Vanderbilts offense finally showed signs of life aside from Webb last week with Kyle Shurmur completing passes to 10 different teammates. He also completed 13 of 14 passes in one stretch after missing on his first seven passes and finished with 113 yards passing and one TD. Vanderbilt needs balance to keep defenses from focusing on Webb. I just hope that the lights are on, Mason said. That we paid the light bill, and Kyle Shurmur can actually continue to push this offense forward.LIGHTS ON II: Johnson said sophomore running back Qua Searcy, who leads the Yellow Jackets with 87 yards rushing, performs better in games than in practice. There are some guys when the lights come on and the game starts they just kind of up their play a little bit and thats kind of what hes done, Johnson said.ACC VS SEC: Johnson acknowledged its impossible to ignore the conference rivalry that comes with the matchup. Its Georgia Tech vs. Vanderbilt, but thats part of it, he said. Were playing for Georgia Tech and I guess the league because people keep track of it. We hear a lot of it. Both schls were charter members of the SEC in 1933. Georgia Tech left the league after the 1963 season. This is the Yellow Jackets first regular-season game against a team from the SEC other than in-state rival Georgia since a 42-31 win at Mississippi State in 2009.---AP Sports Writer Teresa M. Walker in Nashville, Tennessee, contributed to this report.---AP college ftball website: tball.ap.org" target="_blank">www.collegeftball.ap.org wholesale nfl jerseys china . It was the second consecutive win for the Pacers (2-5), who lost their first five preseason games. Jeff Teague led the Hawks (1-5) with 17 points and eight assists and Al Horford had 12 points and seven rebounds. Mike Scott scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half. cheap nike nfl jerseys wholesale .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. http://www.cheapwholesalenflchinajerseys.com/ . - The Oakland Raiders re-signed offensive lineman Khalif Barnes on Friday. cheap china jerseys . Supported by three-run homers from Jayson Werth and Wilson Ramos, the young right-hander went seven strong innings in the Washington Nationals 8-4 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night. wholesale jerseys from china . -- The Portland Timbers and Real Salt Lake played to a 0-0 tie Saturday night that left the top of the Western Conference standings unchanged. Kimi Raikkonen says Formula One is not a safe environment for drivers seeking revenge after Max Verstappen revealed he had been more aggressive at the Belgian Grand Prix as a result of what happened in the opening corner of the race.Verstappens driving came under scrutiny at Spa-Francorchamps after he defended position from Raikkonen by pulling a late blocking move on the Ferrari driver under braking for Les Combes. The Dutch driver later revealed the move had been in reaction to a first corner collision with the two Ferrari drivers, saying if Turn 1 hadnt happened, I wouldnt have been so aggressive and pushed Raikkonen out like that.Speaking on Thursday in Monza, Raikkonen said he has nothing against Verstappen but was worried about the mindset of the 18-year-old Red Bull driver.Obviously everybody is allowed to say what they feel like, and I have nothing personally against him, its just certain things in my view are not correct, Raikkonen said. I dont have much interest in going into it, but if somebody says during the race he did something because of what happened in the first corner and its payback, then I dont think this is the correct sport to purposefully start doing payback for something that has happened.ddddddddddddIt can end up in a very bad way and, yes, people make mistakes, everybody has made mistakes, but that happens to all of us and you just have to accept it. Its not the place to start acting silly and paying back something that has happened.Raikkonen also revealed Vettel apologised to him for the first corner collision, which saw Raikkonen caught between Vettel turning into the corner and Verstappen trying to go up the inside.It was an unfortunate thing. There was not really an awful lot to discuss. Seb obviously said sorry and I said OK but it wasnt ideal for any of us three to be involved but thats how it goes sometimes. For sure next time we try to give a bit more rm, but its gone now. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 109 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen