whats newIf theres one area where fan

in Spam Area!!! 27.03.2019 06:29
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

Graham MacIndoe has a routine. Every day before work, he runs six miles. He doesnt listen to music because it distracts him from his thoughts.?Its a spiritual thing for me, MacIndoe said. I get in a zone and reflect on my life -- where Ive been, what Ive done and whats important.The 53-year-old is reminded of where hes been and what hes done whenever he glances at his left forearm, which is peppered with tatts. The words mum and dad are inked above his wrist, just below a 7-inch protruding track mark on his inner forearm. The faded purple mark is the byproduct of a vein darkening from scarring. Its associated with long-term heroin use.Im never allowed to forget, said MacIndoe, who struggled with addiction for a decade. Sometimes its startling, but [the mark] grounds me and reminds me of somewhere I dont want to return to.In 2000, MacIndoe entered a black hole of addiction and lost nearly everything. He pushed away his family and his friends. Time spent in prison was the wake-up call he needed. Its what helped free him from his addiction. And when he emerged from it all, he rediscovered his passion for running.MacIndoe started running at age 18 in his hometown of Broxburn, Scotland, located on the outskirts of Edinburgh. Mostly it was social -- he often ran with friends in baggy soccer shorts and cheap sneakers in rural fields, until he decided to get more serious and joined a local running club. He and his younger brother Fraser trained and raced together.He was absolutely committed to running, Fraser said. His life was totally clean. He was pretty much a vegetarian and never really drank. It seemed like he was addicted to running.MacIndoe sometimes trained twice a day alongside local elite Scottish runners. When he wasnt engaged in interval sessions on a grass track, he joined the group for long runs of up to 16 miles around the countryside on weekends.Running was my first love. It was something I was at one with, said MacIndoe, who chronicles his experiences in his first bk, Chancers: Addiction, Prison, Recovery, Love: One Couples Memoir, co-authored by his partner, Susan Stellin.But he pushed the sport away after he graduated from college and moved to New York City -- a place he had always wanted to live -- in 1992. At the time, he worked at a photography gallery to support his then-wife and his son, who was less than 2 years old. They divorced, then he remarried. But the deeper he got into his career, which transitioned to commercial photography, the more he started to drink and fall into a certain lifestyle.His second wife left a couple of years later. He replaced alcohol with drugs. Cocaine at first, then crack and eventually heroin, a habit that was easier to hide while he was going through another divorce and attempting to climb out of depression. ?As addicts, were selfish, MacIndoe said. The damage to other people in your life is phenomenal. When you start to realize that, thats when you realize your recovery is not just about you.MacIndoe and Stellins relationship developed during the height of his addiction in 2006. He would hide a syringe in his eyeglass case, but his desire to use trumped any efforts to shield his habit. Stellin, who had never had a drug problem, once found MacIndoe passed out on his couch with a crack pipe in his fist.When Fraser would visit New York, he said he would encourage his brother to get back into running so it could be a positive focus in his life again, something to lk forward to every day. But, he said: The drugs had such a hold on him. It was a downward spiral for many years.MacIndoe was arrested for heroin possession in 2010 after he was caught by an undercover cop at a coffee shop in Brklyn. He had hidden a crack pipe in his sock. MacIndoe was locked away at Rikers Island, where he spent the first few days of his four-month stay dope sick.Theres nothing I can do to avoid what I know is coming, he writes in the bk. When people ask what its like to go through heroin withdrawal, I tell them to imagine the worst flu theyve ever had, add a bad case of fd poisoning, mix in a deep depression, and top it off with a gd kicking. Now multiply everything by ten.MacIndoe has been clean since he was sent to Rikers Island six years ago. After Rikers he was moved to York County Prison in Pennsylvania, where he was held in immigration detention. He tk part in the Freedom Program, intense rehab that included cognitive behavioral therapy, along with other individual and group counseling throughout the day, every day. This, he says, is what really helped him kick his addiction.It tk me a long time to understand that addiction is a really complex problem that theres no one size fits all solution to, Stellin said.MacIndoe was close to being deported, but a judge ultimately ruled to let him stay in the U.S. because he participated in a rehab program, remained clean and stayed out of trouble. He was released from immigration detention in 2011 and moved back to Brklyn.When I was in my addiction, I made a lot of promises that I never followed through with, he said.Those promises included telling people he was trying to quit, that it was his last time using, that he wasnt going to hang around the wrong influences. One also included getting back into running. He wasnt physically capable during what he describes as the most debilitating period of his life.After prison, running became a more important part of my recovery, he writes in the bk. It was a way for me to put what I learned in the Freedom Program into practice: stepping back, thinking more rationally, not overreacting. Its hard to explain, but running gave me that release.At first, 400 yards felt painful. His heart would beat uncomfortably fast, though he was far from a 50-minute mile pace that he used to maintain with ease as a young adult.It was a real eye-opener, MacIndoe says. I was blown away that I couldnt really run. It was like an out-of-body experience, both discouraging and motivating. But as painful as it was, it brought back memories of when I was a teenager and gave me a feeling of that thing I loved.The transition back into running tk several months before he started to feel comfortable. Twice weekly runs of two miles increased to three days, four miles. He eventually worked his way to running about six days a week for six miles at a time, and usually more on weekends.He didnt just want to run though. MacIndoe says it was a need. He used running as a way to purge doubt and cultivate confidence, which he credits for helping get his career back on track. As an adjunct photography professor at Parsons Schl of Design, MacIndoe is also a freelance commercial photographer.Hes the best version of himself now, Fraser said. He realizes how bad of a place he was in and is grateful that hes been given a second chance to live his life again, which for many years he thought hed never get. Hes making the most of it. Cheap Nike Air Max 1 Wholesale . A lawyer for MLB, Matthew Menchel, confirmed Wednesday the league dropped its case against Biogenesis of America, its owner Anthony Bosch and several other individuals. The lawsuit had accused Biogenesis and Bosch of conspiring with players to violate their contracts by providing them with banned performance-enhancing substances. Wholesale Nike Air Max 1 Cheap . The International Olympic Committee released the official list of bid cities on Friday after the deadline for applications had passed. The candidates -- all previously announced in their own countries -- are: Almaty, Kazakhstan; Beijing; Krakow, Poland; Lviv, Ukraine; Oslo, Norway; and Stockholm. http://www.cheapnikeairmax1.com/ . The Masters champion and winner of last weeks Australian PGA has a three-round total of 14-under 199 at Royal Melbourne. "Im in a really gd position for tomorrow," Scott said. Cheap Nike Air Max 1 China . Deulofeu injured a muscle in his right leg in Evertons 4-1 win over Fulham in the English Premier League on Saturday. Barcelona says that its team doctors will "co-ordinate" with Evertons medical staff as Deulofeu recovers. Cheap Air Max 1 . The Clippers were angry about blowing a big lead; the Kings didnt like being in that kind of hole and nearly digging themselves out only to lose. This story is part of ESPN The Magazines Oct. 31 NBA Preview Issue. Subscribe today!New York KnicksOverall: 114 Title track: 101 Ownership: 105 Coaching: 100 Players: 111 Fan relations: 105 Affordability: 118 Stadium experience: 83 Bang for the buck: 117 Change from last year: +7Voters in the 2016 Ultimate Standings dont appear to have much faith in Phil Jackson, whose Knicks remain in the bottom 10 of all teams. New York did move up seven spots this year, after a 32-win campaign in 2015-16, Jacksons second full season as team president, but itll take a lot more Ws than that to make up for those ticket prices.Whats gdMadison Square Garden remains one of the Knicks few strong selling points, though fans still ranked the arena in the bottom half of all teams. The bright side: Stadium experience is the only category in which New York ranked inside the Top 100. Sure enough, the Knicks seem to find a way to fill the building, even when they struggle. Case in point: New York was one of seven NBA teams to report 100 percent attendance in 2015-16. Among those seven, they were the only club with a losing record.Whats badNot surprisingly, the Knicks fare prly in bang for the buck (117th); very few wins and very high prices will do that. Knicks fans spent plenty of money n the team last season: New Yorks average ticket is the most expensive in the league, at $130.ddddddddddddThats more than $25 more than the second-most expensive, $48 more than NBA average and an astonishing $99 more than the leagues cheapest average stub (Surprise! The Knicks are 118th in affordability, worst in the NBA). Considering that they won just 32 games and failed to reach the playoffs for the third straight season, the Knicks faithful didnt get a great return on their investment.Whats newIf theres one area where fans feel a slight amount of optimism, its on the sideline. New York jumped 16 spots to No. 100 in coaching, which measures strength of on-court leadership. Jackson replaced the jettisoned Derek Fisher and interim Kurt Rambis with former Suns coach Jeff Hornacek in the offseason. Although cautiously hopeful, fans werent overly impressed by the Knicks new faces, which include Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah, Brandon Jennings and Courtney Lee. New York ranks 111th in players -- gd for a 10-spot increase from last season but still pretty pr when you consider there are 122 franchises ranked.Next: Phoenix Suns?| Full rankings ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 206 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen