singles. "I love coming back to Wimbledon, so thank

in Spam Area!!! 26.03.2019 08:25
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

BALTIMORE - Down by three runs in the eighth inning, the Baltimore Orioles had every reason to believe they could rally against the Tigers.Not only because the Orioles are capable of scoring in bunches, but more importantly, they were going up against Detroits leaky bullpen.Delmon Young drove in three runs with a pinch-hit double, and Baltimore used a four-run eighth to pull out a 7-6 victory Friday for a 2-0 lead in the best-of-five AL Division Series.Baltimore will try for a sweep in Game 3 Sunday at Detroit, when Miguel Gonzalez starts against the Tigers third straight Cy Young winner, David Price.Its huge going into Detroit up 2-0, said J.J. Hardy, who scored the go-ahead run with a sweeping slide. Weve got to go over there and do our job.A day after the Orioles battered Detroit relievers during an eight-run eighth that produced a 12-3 win, they pushed the Tigers to the brink of elimination with an uprising against the beleaguered duo of Joba Chamberlain and Joakim Soria a€” the primary victims on Thursday night.It was 6-3 with one out in the eighth when Chamberlain hit Adam Jones with a pitch and gave up a single to Nelson Cruz. Steve Pearce singled in a run, and the towel-waving, orange-clad fans among the sellout crowd of 48,058 sensed another comeback win by a team that won 10 games during the regular season during its final at-bat.Soria entered and walked Hardy to load the bases for Young, who lined the first pitch into the left-field corner.We did it yesterday, weve been doing it all year against teams in our own division, Young said. So any time we have an opportunity and get guys on, we think we can win.Young went 10 for 20 as a pinch-hitter during the regular season. He also was the AL championship series MVP in 2012 a€” for the Tigers a€” when they swept the Yankees.Its very hard to sit around and not know where the consistent at-bats are coming, Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. He has done the things that you need to do to give yourself a chance to be successful.In the top of the eighth, baserunning was a key point. Miguel Cabrera was thrown out at the plate when he tried to score right behind Torii Hunter on Victor Martinezs double with no outs.I was watching the play develop and hoping they both would make it, Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said.Zach Britton got three straight outs for the save.Soria wound up with the loss, but Chamberlain tk the blame.This one is on me. Theres no getting around it, he said. Obviously, if I dont put us in that situation, then were having a different conversation.The defeat left Detroits bid to reach the ALCS for a fourth straight year in serious jeopardy. The Tigers wasted home runs by J.D. Martinez and Nick Castellanos, along with a solid start by Justin Verlander.Were 0-2. We understand it, Ausmus said. It doesnt really affect us playing Game 3. If you win Game 3, you go on to Game 4.Rted on by girlfriend Kate Upton, Verlander left in the sixth with a 5-3 lead. Unless the Tigers stage a comeback, it was his last outing of the season.This is frustrating. This isnt easy, he said. I dont think anybodys walking out of this clubhouse feeling great, but youve got to stay positive. We win two games and the pressure is squarely back on these guys.Brad Brach got the win, getting two outs in the eighth after Kevin Gausman allowed one run and three hits in 3 2-3 innings.Detroit trailed 2-0 before peeling off five straight hits against Wei-Yin Chen. Hunter singled, Cabrera doubled and Victor Martinez delivered an RBI single.J.D. Martinez and Castellanos followed with consecutive home runs, the second day in a row that Detroits done it.Chen lasted only three more batters in his shortest outing since June 28 and left down 5-2.Baltimore got a run back in the bottom half with a two-out RBI single by Hardy, and the Orioles turned a 5-4-3 double play against Cabrera in the fifth that began with a diving stop by Ryan Flaherty.Nelson Cruz led off the sixth with a single to chase Verlander, and Anibal Sanchez held the lead through the seventh.After that, however, Detroits bullpen crumbled.Anytime you can go into the eighth inning winning by three like that, you have all the confidence in the world with Joba going out there, J.D. Martinez said. But unfortunately it just didnt happen today.The game started shortly after nn, and the boisterous crowd had plenty of enthusiasm left from the night before.The volume decreased, however, after Verlander began mowing down a potent lineup that one night earlier banged out 12 hits in a lopsided victory.He retired the first eight batters before Jonathan Schp bounced a single up the middle. Nick Markakis then hit a 3-2 pitch off the rf of the grounds crew enclosure in right field.A replay confirmed the drive as a home run, ending Verlanders 32-inning scoreless streak in the ALDS. Markakis first homer off the right-hander in 50 career at-bats came on Verlanders 50th pitch.TRAINERS RMTigers: CF Rajai Davis (pelvic strain) was replaced in the fourth inning by a pinch-runner.It tightened up on him coming out of the box, Ausmus said.UP NEXTTigers: Price owns a lifetime record of 7-3 against the Orioles. Cruz is 7 for 19 (.36 with two homers against the left-hander.Orioles: Gonzalez will make his second career post-season start Sunday. Hes 0-2 with a 9.00 ERA in three lifetime starts against Detroit. Cheap Jerseys Online .com) - Tony Parker scored 17 points to lead the San Antonio Spurs to a comfortable 99-85 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday. Wholesale China Jerseys . The Brazilian-born strikers brace drew him level with Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo as the leagues leading scorers with 17 goals apiece through 16 rounds. "The important thing is to help the team win, not the goals," Diego Costa said. After a first half dominated by defence, Atletico pressed Valencia into its area and Diego Costa did the rest. http://www.wholesalestitchedchinajerseys.com/ . The right-hander pitched into the seventh inning and bsted Cincinnatis struggling offence by hitting a double and scoring as the Reds ended a seven-game losing streak by beating the Atlanta Braves 1-0 Saturday night. Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping . Having won the first leg 1-0 in Barcelona, Madrid entered the match at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium already in control and quickly sealed its place in the semifinals when Jese Rodriguez scored in the seventh minute. Cheap NFL Stitched Jerseys . Sami Vatanen had a goal and an assist and Anaheim used a four-goal first period to extend their winning streak to six games with a 5-2 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday night.LONDON -- Eugenie Bouchards historic run at Wimbledon is over, but she thinks shes just getting started. Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic beat Bouchard 6-3, 6-0 on Saturday in the womens final to claim her second Wimbledon title, ending an impressive run by the 20-year-old Canadian at the All England Club. No Canadian had ever reached a Grand Slam singles final in the Open era before Bouchard. "It was a big moment walking out on to centre court for a final. I have that experience now, I know what it feels like," said Bouchard. "I hope I can walk out to many more finals. Thats the goal. "Im going to go back, work on my game, try to get better. You always need to get better." Bouchard, from Westmount, Que., is currently ranked 13th in the world, seven positions below Kvitova. She will rise to seventh when the WTA standings are updated after Wimbledon. She beat Germanys Angelique Kerber 6-3, 6-4 in the quarter-final before topping Romanias Simona Halep 7-6 (5), 6-2 in the semis. The success at Wimbledon comes after a breakthrough season last year. Bouchard reached the semifinals at the Australian Open and French Open earlier this season. "I think its a tough road to try and become as gd as I want to be, no matter what," said Bouchard. "Im not going to win every single time. I think this was a gd experience for me -- my first Slam final -- so Im going to learn a lot from this match and hopefully use it to get much better." Bouchard was overwhelmed by Kvitova, who added a second to her first from 2011. Watching from the Royal Box was Britains Princess Eugenie, the royal for whom the Canadian was named. "Tough loss today at Wimbledon, but youre an inspiration (at)geniebouchard & Canada couldnt be more proud of you," said Prime Minister Stephen Harper in a tweet. Kvitova, her right thigh heavily wrapped as it was through the two-week tournament, quickly tk charge of the match. She handcuffed Bouchards attacking game with a strong offence of her own, putting the Canadian under pressure on every service game with break point. "I have to give full credit to my opponent, she played unbelievable," said Bouchard. "I know I wont win every match but I want to be as gd as I can be. This was a gd experience and something I will learn from. I can hopefully use it to get better." Bouchard was broken in the third and seventh games to fall to a 5-2 deficit. She showed her own form by breaking back for 3-5 affter Kvitova netted after chasing Bouchards cross-court shot.dddddddddddd. Despite Bouchards resistance, Kvitova wrapped up the first set in less than 30 minutes on a third set point. Kvitova picked up where she left off to start the second set with a break of Bouchard for 2-0. With the experienced Czech keeping up a lethally rapid pace, there was little time for Bouchard to react. Bouchard missed on a return at her feet to trail 4-0 as Kvitova tk a stranglehold on the match. The Czech dished out a love game for 5-0 and finished off the title performance on her first match point with a deeply angled backhand cross-court winner after 55 minutes on court. It has been a strong tournament for other Canadians as well. Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil and American Jack Sock beat Bob and Mike Bryan of the United States in a thrilling 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-4, 3-6, 7-5 victory to win the mens doubles final Saturday. Milos Raonic of Thornhill, Ont., made it to the mens singles semifinal before losing to seven-time champion Roger Federer of Switzerland in straight sets. The last Canadian to reach a mens final four at a major was Robert Powell at Wimbledon in 1908, according to Tennis Canada. Montreal native Greg Rusedski reached the U.S. Open final in 1997 but he was representing Great Britain at that time. Defending mixed doubles champions Daniel Nestor of Toronto and French partner Kristina Mladenovic will play a semifinal match against Max Mirnyi of Belarus and Hao-Ching Chan of Taiwan. Bouchard has done well at the All England Club in the past. She won the Wimbledon girls title in 2012, becoming the first Canadian to win a junior Grand Slam in singles. "I love coming back to Wimbledon, so thank you, guys," said Bouchard at centre court immediately after the match to a loud round of applause from the fans in attendance Saturday. Last year at Wimbledon, Bouchard won her second-round match against former world No. 1 Ana Ivanovic in straight sets before she was eliminated in the third round by Carla Suarez Navarro. Kvitova defeated Bouchard in straight sets in their lone previous meeting last year at the Rogers Cup in Toronto. Bouchard said she will return to Montreal to decompress after the Wimbledon final. "Ill take some time off -- much deserved, Ive been playing a lot of tennis at a high level recently," said Bouchard. "Ill take time for the mind and body and then hit the practice court again and get excited for the second half of the season." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 54 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen