yed in 257 career NHL games with Edmonton (

in Bewerbung 24.03.2019 13:24
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

DENVER -- The Atlanta Braves have gone more than two years at Crs Field without walking off the field, exchanging high-fives and savoring a victory.Indeed, the Colorado Rockies, who beat the Braves 7-3 in the opener of a four-game series Thursday night, have won seven straight games against the Braves at Crs Field, dating back to June 11, 2014. The Rockies seven-game winning streak against the Braves at Crs Field is the longest in franchise history.Julio Teheran will try to put an end to all that winning and continue his mastery over the Rockies when he makes his second consecutive start against them Friday night.On Sunday, Teheran pitched seven scoreless innings against the Rockies at Turner Field but wasnt involved in the decision when the Braves scored in the ninth to win 1-0.Teheran, who is 3-8 with a 2.79 ERA in 19 starts, is 4-1 with a 2.79 ERA against the Rockies in six starts.Jon Gray, who matched Teheran with seven scoreless innings Sunday, will again oppose him. Gray is 5-4 with a 4.33 ERA in 16 starts. He has a team-leading 103 strikeouts and 32 walks in 95 2/3 innings. He leads the Rockies with 11 quality starts and has pitched at least seven innings a team-high seven times. This will be Grays eighth start this season at Crs Field, where he is 3-0 with a 4.71 ERA and has allowed nine walks and 37 hits in 42 innings with 47 strikeouts.The latter statistic is a crucial indicator at Crs Field to Gray, 24, who is in his first full season in the big leagues.I think thats really the way you have to live here, he said. I dont necessarily think its a sinker thing or a ground ball thing. I just think you have to miss bats and be unpredictable. Dont let guys eliminate (the possibility of seeing) pitches.Gray has gotten considerably more comfortable as the season has gone on with his curveball, a pitch he started throwing in spring training.Even just show them the curveball first pitch for a strike -- they havent my slider yet and Ive already got a strike on them, Gray said. So Ive only got two more to go. Im lking for a quality pitch and with two strikes, its put-away time.In addition to a mid-90s fastball, a sharp-breaking slider and his curveball, Gray also throws a changeup.I feel like every pitch is there right now, he said. I feel like every pitch is a weapon.One of the Braves hitters Gray will oppose is Nick Markakis, who had a rather unusual streak end Thursday night. On his final at-bat in the ninth inning, Markakis struck out, swinging and missing strike three from Jason Motte.Markakis had gone 32 plate appearances without having swung and missed a pitch, a streak that began July 10 in the final game before the All-Star break and went seven full games and most of an eighth.Markakis hasnt reached 100 strikeouts in a season since 2008 and entered this season averaging one strikeout every 6.9 at-bats, which is gd in todays game. This season, Markakis is hitting .260 in 94 games with 23 doubles, five homers and 47 RBI. He has 58 strikeouts and is averaging one strikeout every 6.2 at-bats.Hes got such a great eye at the plate, interim Braves manager Brian Snitker said. He doesnt expand the strike zone. Hes as disciplined a hitter as Ive seen. Its almost like if he takes a pitch, it probably was a ball.Hes got a really gd eye, a gd feel for the strike zone. Its like his at-bats, he really slows everything down to where he stays with balls a long time. Doesnt go out of the strike zone, obviously.Discount Running Shoes Ireland . Fellow centre Pavel Datsyuk remains out because of a concussion. Zetterberg has 11 goals and 19 assists for a team-high 30 points, and Datsyuk has a team-high 12 goals and 11 assists. Running Shoes Outlet Ireland . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. http://www.cheaprunningshoesireland.com/ .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. Buy Running Shoes Online Ireland .ca! Hi Kerry, Its another day and here we are lking at another dubious hit to the head. In this case Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky elbowed Saku Koivu in the head about a second after he dished off the puck to a teammate, knocking him unconscious. Running Shoes Sale Ireland . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from.ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The Anaheim Ducks have signed right wing Zack Stortini and defenceman Nolan Yonkman to one-year contracts through the 2013-14 season. Stortini has played in 257 career NHL games with Edmonton (2006-11) and Nashville (2011-12), with 14 goals, 27 assists and 725 penalty minutes. He playeed last season in the AHL with the Hamilton Bulldogs, where he had two goals and four assists in 73 games.dddddddddddd Yonkman was scoreless in seven games with Florida last season. He also played for the Coyotes in 2010-11 and with Florida in 2011-12. He has played 12 seasons in the AHL. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 59 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen