injured Peyton Manning last year with eventual Supe

in Laberecke 23.03.2019 04:28
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

LAWRENCE, Kan. -- Dan Monson never spent much time scouting Lagerald Vick in preparing to play Kansas.It wound up being a big mistake.The sophomore guard scored a career-high 23 points on near-perfect shting, Svi Mykhailiuk added 14 and fourth-ranked Kansas rolled to a 91-61 victory over the 49ers on Tuesday night.Thats what makes Kansas so gd. (Vick) was not one we were focused on, Monson said, shaking his head. He just opened up the game with his shting.Josh Jackson added 13 points and Devonte Graham had 12 for the Jayhawks (6-1), who doubled up the 49ers (1- at 50-25 out of the break and coasted to their 44th straight win at Allen Fieldhouse.Vick was 9 for 9 from the flr, one shy of the schl record held by Norm Ck and Danny Manning, and hit four 3-pointers. His only miss came on the second of two free throws with 5:47 left.It was pretty big, he said of the basket. Pretty big.Justin Bibbins had 13 points to lead Long Beach State, which has lost eight in a row -- all on the road and mostly to teams that will be in the NCAA Tournament.Kansas is a great team, Monson said, and when youre a great team and youre better than the opponent, and then you play harder than them, it gets ugly.Making his second straight start, Vick got the high-flying Jayhawks off to a quick start.The paper-thin shting guard knocked down a 3-pointer in the opening couple minutes, then showed his versatility with a shot-fake for an easy layup. Later in the half, he jumped in front of a pass and tk it coast-to-coast for a reverse dunk that got the crowd on its feet.He did play well. He shot it great, Kansas coach Bill Self said. Hes improved a ton. Hes confident. Hes reacting instead of thinking, for the most part.Vick matched his career-best of 15 points set last weekend in the first half.You could just tell during the game that he was hot, Graham said. I kept telling everyone to keep trying to find him. Thats what I tried to do.Just about everybody from Kansas had a hand in the rout: Jackson continued to make his early case for freshman of the year with some dynamic passing to go with his scoring and rebounding, and Graham and Frank Mason II continued to show why they form arguably the nations best backcourt.Missing from the party was big man Landen Lucas, who has played crucial minutes for Kansas the past couple of years but has struggled this season. He missed the game with an oblique injury.The Jayhawks got inconsistent production from the rest of their post players, t.Youre not going to win consistently against gd teams relying on making 3-point shots, Self said, because there are times youre not going to make them.STATS AND STREAKSKansas had a 41-24 advantage on the boards. ... The teams combined to go 19 of 37 from the foul line. ... Kansas was 14 of 26 from the 3-point line (53.8 percent) but 9 of 19 on foul shots (47.4). ... The Jayhawks committed 19 turnovers while the 49ers had 15.BIG PICTURELong Beach State lked weary after the opening few minutes. The 49ers have one more game left on a nine-game trip that covers more than 15,000 miles, and has included losses to North Carolina, UCLA, Louisville, Washington and Wichita State.Kansas had the final 20 minutes to toy with lineups, and Self emptied the bench for the second straight game. His son, Tyler Self, hit a 3-pointer to a huge roar in the final seconds.TIME WARPLong Beach State beat then-No. 1 Kansas at Allen Fieldhouse in 1993. Lucious Harris had 24 points to lead the 49ers to a 64-49 victory. It remains their only win in five meetings.UP NEXTLong Beach State finishes its grueling trip Saturday at New Mexico State.Kansas continues its homestand against Stanford on Saturday.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25. Cheap Tigers Jerseys . Siddikur, whose previous win on the circuit came in Brunei three years ago, finished his bogey-free round with a birdie on the 18th for a total of 17-under 199. Indias Shiv Chowrasia, who has finished runner-up in this tournament twice, was in second place after a 66. Cheap Tigers Jerseys China . After taking two big hits this week -- losing at home and dropping back-to-back games for the first time all season -- Indiana struck back by playing its most complete game of the year. http://www.cheaptigersjerseys.com/ . The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Lions have not announced the hiring, which was first reported by ESPN. Lombardi, the grandson of former Green Bay Hall of Fame coach Vince Lombardi, has been an offensive assistant on Sean Paytons New Orleans staff since 2007. Cheap Tigers Jerseys Authentic . The Brazilian goalkeeper signed a loan deal with the Major League Soccer club on Friday as he lks to get playing time ahead of this summers World Cup in his home country. Wholesale Tigers Jerseys . Klitschkos management company says the bout will be the Ukrainian fighters 25th world championship fight. The 1.83-meter (6-ft) Leapai defeated the previously unbeaten Denis Boytsov in November to become the WBOs mandatory challenger. MINNEAPOLIS -- His team was sharp in practice during the week, and Brock Osweiler brought a belief to Minnesota that he could help the Texans take home a win.The Vikings, with their relentless pass rush up front and coverage down the field, were ready with the reality check for Houstons $72 million man.Maintaining the NFCs only perfect record, Sam Bradford and the Vikings (5-0) built a big early lead before unleashing their defense on Osweiler and the Texans on the way to an easy 31-13 victory on Sunday.I knew we had a great challenge ahead of us, but I felt confident in what we could do, said Osweiler, who finished 19 for 42 for 184 yards, one interception and a late touchdown pass while taking four sacks. So Im very disappointed in the outcome today, and Im very disappointed in how I played.The Texans (3-2) were denied on 12 of 13 third downs, unable or unwilling to do much other than dump off short passes after the Vikings scored touchdowns on their first two drives. Houstons only two first downs in the first 26-plus minutes both came by penalty on Vikings cornerback Xavier Rhodes, who was otherwise busy hounding DeAndre Hopkins.Lamar Miller had eight carries for 20 yards during a dud of a performance by the Texans that lked a lot like the 27-0 loss at New England two weeks ago. Osweiler was under near-constant pressure in the pocket as 66,000 fans roared for the Vikings defense under the translucent rf at U.S. Bank Stadium.The crowd noise doesnt affect me or anything like that, Osweiler said. I try to use my feet as an internal clock of when I have to throw the ball away or when the ball needs to come out to a check down, but certainly theres always rm for improvement after a loss like this.Coach Bill OBrien tried his best to take the blame, perhaps in part because of the pressure on Osweiler, who signed a four-year contract thats worth as much as $72 million with a whopping $37 million guarantteed.dddddddddddd That was for a guy who had seven starts coming into 2016.Not only was Hopkins a nonfactor until the late score, but Will Fuller wasnt targeted until the first play of the second half. The rkie had only one catch, a head-scratching fourth-and-16 call in the third quarter at the Vikings 39 that netted 4 yards on a screen play.I thought that we had a gd practice week, but it didnt show up on Sunday, OBrien said. Thats a reflection of the game plan, especially offensively, and it just wasnt gd enough. Thats a reflection on me, and Im serious. I dont know any other way to tell you. Im not trying to cover for anybody.Houston has been hunting for a while for a quarterback to help make that deep run in the playoffs that has eluded the 15-year-old franchise. Matt Schaub was an important part of the 2011 and 2012 teams that each reached the AFC semifinals after winning one postseason game, but since he was hurt in 2013 the Texans have started seven quarterbacks since: Case Keenum, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett, T.J. Yates, Brandon Weeden and now Osweiler.Osweilers play for an injured Peyton Manning last year with eventual Super Bowl champion Denver made him the hot quarterback on the market, and the Texans were an obvious fit. Having the season opener at home against Chicago provided Osweiler a relatively comfortable way to debut during a 23-14 victory , but these games against the Patriots and the Vikings have exposed his inexperience.When youre out there and youre part of the offense, your job is to put points on the board, Osweiler said. Right now with our two road losses, we havent done that. Thats where it starts. We need to score more points. It starts with me. I need to do my job better.---Online:AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org and AP ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 162 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen