with Evans saying he would explore every opportunity to ma

in Laberecke 23.03.2019 04:28
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers found out early in last Sundays game against the Chicago Bears what he could -- and couldnt -- do on his ailing right calf, and he said there will be more of the former Saturday.I would assume, based on how I felt after the game, that Ill be closer to 100 percent than I was in the Chicago game, Rodgers said Tuesday.It could even mean some actual practice time for Rodgers in advance of Saturdays game against the Minnesota Vikings. He did not do much -- if anything -- on the field last week.Even though he was in some pain against the Bears, Rodgers mobility wasnt as restricted as he or coach Mike McCarthy thought.Escaping is really the thing, and moving in the pocket, that Im concerned with my calf and my ability to move. Subtle movements, Rodgers said. I felt gd really the first third down of the game. [Bears linebacker Nick Kwiatkoski] comes clean, and I kind of slide some to the left, kind of a quick movement in the pocket, and threw it to Jared [Ck] for a first down.At that point, I knew I was able to make some quick movements in the pocket. As the game extended, I felt some freedom moving a little bit.The worst part, Rodgers said, was simply running on and off the field.[That] was actually more painful than the quick moments, he said.The concern this week is that Rodgers and the Packers have a short turnaround for Saturdays game against the Vikings. Because of that, McCarthy plans to limit practice time -- not just for his quarterback, but for the entire team.McCarthy said Monday he thought Rodgers calf would be better this week than it was going into last Sundays game. It could mean that Rodgers would participate in whatever limited on-field work McCarthy has planned this week.Really, the plan for the whole team is kind of a low workload, McCarthy said. Well do everything inside today, and then well practice at the end of the day tomorrow in shells. And then well do more in our Friday practice, which is our normal Saturday practice, just because weve got to make sure we give these guys a chance to get their bodies back. Discount MLB Jerseys . "Thank you for the warm welcome," Beckham said on an 80-degree February morning. In this case, it was soccer weather. The sport moved a step closer to returning to South Florida on Wednesday, when Beckham confirmed he has exercised his option to purchase a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in Miami. Cheap MLB Jerseys Free Shipping . Nathan MacKinnon, Jamie McGinn and Jan Hejda also scored for the Avalanche, who won despite being outshot 38-23. MacKinnons goal, also on the power play, came with just over a minute remaining. http://www.jerseysmlbwholesale.com/ .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Mre to take over as receivers coach. Authentic MLB Jerseys Outlet . -- PGA TOUR Canada member Steve Saunders tk a three-stroke lead Saturday in the Web. MLB Jerseys China . The All-Pro lineman got the leg bent under him while trying to make a tackle during the first half of a 22-20 overtime loss at Miami on Thursday night. The medical staff initially thought hed torn the ligament, and the test a day later in Cincinnati confirmed it. SAN FRANCISCO -- The Giants want to make sure Madison Bumgarner never goes elsewhere.San Francisco general manager Bobby Evans spoke with Bumgarner and reached out to the ace left-handers representatives to let them all know the Giants are ready to begin discussions on a new contract.Bumgarner signed a $35.56 million, six-year deal through 2017 that includes $12 million club options for the 2018 and 2019 seasons.We want to make sure Madison is here for the long haul, Evans said Thursday. Well certainly be available when theyre ready to talk. We continue to exchange volleys. Were ready when theyre ready. Ive even talked to Madison. Were very clear.MadBum pitched a four-hitter in a 3-0 road win against the New York Mets in the wild-card game last week to continue his October dominance, then had a no-decision in Monday nights 6-5, 13-inning Game 3 victory against the Cubs. Chicago eliminated the Giants the next night.The 27-year-old left-hander went 15-9 with a 2.74 ERA this season. Two years ago, his spectacular postseason instantly put him right up with the best ever in October. In 2014, he tossed 270 innings, including 21 with two wins and a save in a World Series that went to Game 7 against the Kansas City Royals.His value to the Giants, its sort of incalculable, said CEO Larry Baer, noting hes already fielding questions about when the pitcher will get a statue. Hes been a tremendous asset for us. Hes done historic things.The Giants like to keep around their homegrown players well into the future.In April, first baseman Brandon Belt received a $79 million, six-year contract that takes him through the 2021 season. Shortstop Brandon Crawford signed a $75 million, six-year contract last November through the 2021 season.I have spoken with Madisons agent about what the timing would be, Evans said. Again, this is a conversation Ive had with each of his representatives that hes had this year. Timing on that I cant speak to.While the sting of falling short in the playoffs was still felt by the brass two days later -- the Giants would have played a Game 5 on Thursday back at Wrigley Field -- a team that clinched the second wild card on the seasons final day was credited for sticking it out through a tough second haalf.ddddddddddddThe group still hates to lose as much as they like to win, and thats a powerful statement, said Brian Sabean, executive vice president of baseball operations.Manager Bruce Bochy insists his health is gd and he is ready to get exploring out in the mountains this offseason and prepare to win another championship. He spent a night in a Miami hospital in August but insists he is strong and energized to improve at age 61.Nobody is hurting more than this team and myself that were not playing tonight with a chance to move on, Bochy said. Im hungry to get back to the World Series, win another one. I couldnt feel better to be honest.San Francisco is strongly considering promoting from within the organization to fill spots in left field -- with Jarrett Parker or Mac Williamson -- while Eduardo Nunez and Conor Gillaspie are likely to play third. Nunez, whose strained right hamstring limited him down the stretch and in the playoffs, is someone Evans likes on an everyday basis with his fire offensively and athletically, and I think he did a really nice job defensively.Its important to value our internal options, Evans said, noting both third basemen are very strong options for us at third. Thats most likely the direction well go.Finding a closer will be a top priority, with Evans saying he would explore every opportunity to make sure that no ninth inning goes unstaffed.Well find ways to improve our bullpen. We have a gd core there for years to come, he said. An overhaul would be a tremendous overstatement.Game notes Buster Posey is likely to play regularly behind the plate despite down power numbers this season: 14 homers and 80 RBIs. ... Third-base coach Roberto Kelly and first-base coach Bill Hayes will not return to those duties. Evans said it hasnt been determined whether they will remain part of the organization in reassigned roles. ... Evans said he has exchanged messages with one National League West club with a managerial opening -- either Arizona or Colorado -- regarding bench coach Ron Wotus. ... San Francisco plans to offer a contract to reliever George Kontos. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 277 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen