obviously if there is an opportunity,

in Spam Area!!! 22.03.2019 07:52
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

AUSTIN, Texas -- For over 100 years, Texas had just four head coaches lead one of the most successful college baseball programs in the country. The last two left a legacy of winning national titles and thousands of career victories.Now the Longhorns turn the program over to David Pierce, a self-described slow-talking Texan who doesnt yet have 200 total wins in a career spent mostly as an assistant and just five seasons as a head coach.Texas introduced Pierce at a campus news conference on Thursday, a day after hiring him away from Tulane after just two seasons there. The former Texas high schl coach and player called landing the Longhorns job at age 53 a special day, a special journey.I hope you can handle a slow-talking Texan, because thats what you got, Pierce said.How fast he speaks will be of little importance to Texas fans so long as he quickly returns the program to the College World Series.Texas reassigned former coach Augie Garrido -- the winningest coach in college baseball history -- after 20 years and with a year still left on his contract because the Longhorns had missed the NCAA postseason three times in the last five years. Garrido liked to say Omaha is the standard at Texas.Pierce said hes ready to embrace that expectation, although he didnt make any immediate promises and insisted he wont be consumed by the pressure for postseason success.Theres absolutely no waiting, Pierce said. If you view it as greater than it is, it will control you.Pierce noted his Texas rts, serving as director of the state high schl coaches association. Hes also been a pitching and hitting coach at the college level.All these stops along the way truly set me up for this, Pierce said. Ive done everything, including dragging the dirt.Pierce spent nine seasons as an assistant at Rice before head coaching jobs at Sam Houston State and Tulane. He won four conference titles in five seasons as a head coach. His teams made the NCAA postseason every year but hes yet to reach a super regional.Texas fans expected the program to name one of the big-name coaches in the country and got nervous as athletic director Mike Perrins job search lasted for a month.Perrin said Pierce was the only coach he offered the job, but joked that his search resulted in pay raises for several coaches at other top programs in recent weeks.Perrin interviewed Pierce on June 18 but didnt offer him the job until Wednesday. Perrin said he wanted to wait until Texas President Greg Fenves returned from a trip to China. Fenves has shown to have a strong hand in Texas coaching searches, most notably making a flight with Perrin and ftball coach Charlie Strong to Tulsa, Oklahoma, in December to hire offensive crdinator Sterlin Gilbert.I couldnt be happier with the decision we made, Perrin said. Throughout the search, his name came up time and time again.Perrin refused to release Pierces contract terms, which under Texas law will be public record. Perrin said those details will be announced when Pierces contract goes before Texas regents in August.Withholding contract information for several weeks would be a change at Texas, which typically releases those details when coaching hires are announced. Fenves office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.Pierce said he feels like Texas No. 1 choice. After all, hes the one who got the job.Its not where you start, Pierce said. Its where you finish. Wholesale Nike Jerseys . The FA rejected Wilsheres appeal that the length of his punishment was "clearly excessive" and said Thursday his suspension begins with immediate effect. He will miss league matches against Chelsea on Monday and West Ham on Dec. Wholesale NFL Jerseys China . Note: The Calgary Flames announced Tuesday that Sean Monahan would not be made available to Canadas World Junior team. http://www.discountjerseysnfl.com/ . That gave fans outside Joe Louis Arena another chance to ask for autographs from the 19-year-old whose stardom in the NHL has arrived earlier than most expected. Cheap Authentic Jerseys . Goals from Jerome Boateng, Franck Ribery and Thomas Mueller extended Bayerns unbeaten run to a record 37 matches. "This record is incredible," Bayern coach Pep Guardiola said. Cheap Jerseys For NFL . The third-ranked Ivanovic, who won the event in 2008 and 10, served five aces and broke Wickmayer, also a former winner in 2009, five times. "The result lked easier than it really was," Ivanovic said. Ferrari protege Charles Leclerc believes he would be ready to make the full-time transition to Formula One in 2017, but knows he needs to win the GP3 Series title first.Leclerc, who leads the GP3 standings by two points, was 16th fastest in opening practice for Haas at the Hungaroring on Friday, in what was the Ferrari Academy drivers second of five scheduled FP1 appearances in 2016. It followed his debut practice run at the British Grand Prix and an outing with Ferrari during the two-day in-season test at Silverstone.When asked if he feels he could follow in the ftsteps of Valtteri Bottas and Daniil Kvyat in making the jump straight from GP3 to F1, the Monegasque replied: Yeah, I think so. Well see then with the opportunity I get at the end of the year, but obviously if there is an opportunity, I will jump on it.The more laps I do, the more confident I feel in the car -- it was already better than in Silverstone, I felt a lot more confidence.dddddddddddd I definitely need to win [GP3], and then we will see.Under the current FIA regulations, drivers must accumulate a total of 40 superlicence points to qualify for an F1 drive. The 18-year-old already has 17 super licence points -- as a result of finishing runner-up in the 2014 Formula Renault 2.0 Alps and fourth in last years Formula 3 European Championship -- but would have to win this years GP3 crown (worth 30 points) in order to qualify for a place on next seasons grid.Leclerc admitted that Haas, which is yet to announce its driver line-up for 2017, would be an option if he can convert a title-winning campaign in GP3.Of course. But well see in September. For now, I dont know anything more. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 308 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen