30 points when a first serve landed in,

in Spam Area!!! 22.03.2019 07:51
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

(STATS) -- The key question at Western Carolina heading into the season was whether the Catamounts could replace quarterback Troy Mitchell, a 3 1/2-year starter and their all-time leader in total offense.Redshirt freshman Tyrie Adams has proven to be the answer, which keeps the Catamounts dangerous in the Southern Conference.Adams dressed for all the games last year, although he didnt have his redshirt lifted, and learned just how to run the offense.Adams, Northern Colorados Kyler Sloter, North Carolina A&Ts Jeremy Taylor and Georgetowns Hunter Kiselick have been named the STATS FCS National Players of the Week for games played Sept. 8-10.---=OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK=Kyle Sloter, Northern Colorado, QB, Sr., 6-4, 215, Johns Creek, GeorgiaIn a Big Sky Conference full of headliners at quarterback, Sloter isnt as well known. But he came off the bench when starter Jacob Knipp suffered a shoulder injury on the Bears first series at Abilene Christian and produced 408 passing yards and seven total touchdowns in a 55-52 win. A transfer from Southern Miss last year, Sloter was the backup QB and a wide receiver as well a member of the return units in his first season with the Bears. Saturday night, he got his big chance, completing 25 of 32 attempts with six touchdowns -- tying the schl record and the most in the Bears Division I era -- and one interception. He also rushed for a 22-yard TD.Honorable Mention: Aaron Blockmon, WR, Campbell; Tarik Cohen, RB, North Carolina A&T; Peter Pujals, QB, Holy Cross; Spearman Robinson, WR, Western Carolina; Dallas Sealey, QB, Abilene Christian; Chris Streveler, QB, South Dakota; Christian Summers, WR, Towson---=DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK=Jeremy Taylor, North Carolina A&T, Jr., 5-11, 181, Kinston, North CarolinaTaylor filled the box score to help N.C. A&T outlast Kent State 39-36 in four overtimes -- the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conferences first win over an FBS opponent after three previous blowout losses. He led the Aggies defense with 15 tackles, including 12 solos. He had four tackles for loss, two sacks, intercepted a pass in his teams end zone to prevent a touchdown and help force OT, broke up two other passes and forced a fumble and recovered it. Taylor was a high schl teammate with Denzel Keyes, who caught the game-winning touchdown to end the fourth overtime.Honorable Mention: Dee Delaney, CB, The Citadel; Nick DeLuca, LB, North Dakota State; Ebenezer Ogundeko, DE, Tennessee State; C.J. Parvelus, LB, Sacred Heart; John Walker, CB, Montana State---=SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK=Hunter Kiselick, Georgetown, R-Sr., DL, 6-1, 250, Nutley, New JerseyMarist was 0 for 13 on third-down conversions against Georgetown, but Kiselick frustrated the host Red Foxes even more on fourth downs, blocking two field goal attempts to help his Patriot League team to a 20-17 win and its first 2-0 start since 2012. He blocked a 37-yard attempt in the second quarter to keep Marists 10-3 lead from growing. In the fourth quarter, he blocked a 48-yard attempt to preserve the Hoyas 20-17 advantage. Kiselick also had six tackles, a half sack in the fourth quarter and one pass breakup.Honorable Mention: Mike Basile, S, Monmouth; Miles Bergner, PK, South Dakota; Austin Crimmins, PK/P, Duquesne; Jerry Louie McGee, PR, Montana; Austin Watts, RS, Texas Southern---=FRESHMAN PLAYER OF THE WEEK=Tyrie Adams, Western Carolina, QB, R-Fr., 6-2, 180, St. Petersburg, FloridaThe suggestion that Adams has Armanti Edwards-type skills is high praise for Adams considering Edwards competed at former rival Appalachian State in the Southern Conference and was the only FCS player to win the national offensive player of the year award in two seasons. But Gardner-Webb saw firsthand when Adams had a schl-record 510 yards of total offense in Western Carolinas 44-14 win. Adams completed 36 of 43 passes for 427 yards and the first five touchdown passes of his career, and carried the ball 13 times for 83 yards. Adams also competes in track and field and was the Southern Conference high jump champion last spring.Honorable Mention: Keylan Brown, RB, Davidson; McNeece Egbim, OLB, Missouri State; Frankie Hickson, RB, Liberty; A.J. Hines, RB, Duquesne; Pop Lacey, S, New Hampshire; Storm Ruiz, PK, Stephen F. Austin China NFL Jerseys . Clarkson had been dealing with an elbow injury in early January and will be out of action for at least one week. He has three goals and five assists through 36 games with the Leafs this season. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . The third-ranked Ivanovic, who won the event in 2008 and 10, served five aces and broke Wickmayer, also a former winner in 2009, five times. "The result lked easier than it really was," Ivanovic said. http://www.jerseyswholesalenfl.net/ . -- Three close lks at the bucket, three misses. Nike NFL Jerseys Outlet . The Olympic champion curler and TSN curling analyst immediately went online to lk at the Halls long list of honoured members. Thats when the enormity of the honour sunk in. Wholesale NFL Jerseys China . -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December. NEW YORK -- Serena Williams now owns more victories in Grand Slam matches than anyone else in tennis Open era, surpassing Roger Federer with her 308th.So, Serena, wholl wind up with more?I dont know. Well see, Williams said during her on-court interview after reaching the U.S. Open quarterfinals by beating Yaroslava Shvedova 6-2, 6-3 on Monday.Hopefully well both keep going, she added. I know I plan on it. I know he does. So well see.Federer turned 35 on Aug. 8. Williams turns 35 on Sept. 26.Williams very first win at a Grand Slam tournament came way back when she was 16, a 6-7 (5-7), 6-3, 6-1 victory over Irina Spirlea in the first round of the Australian Open on Jan. 19, 1998. Williams first loss at a major came in her next match, which happened to come against older sister Venus.Nearly two decades later, through plenty of highs and lows, from championships to health scares, the younger Williams is still at it -- and still winning.Its a huge number, she said about getting to 308. I think its very significant, actually. I think its something that just really talks about the length of my career, in particular. Ive been playing for a really long time. But also, given that consistency up there -- thats something that Im really proud of.Although her 36-year-old sibling is active, many of Williams contemporaries have come and gone, including Justine Henin and Kim Clijsters, who are both younger, and Martina Hingis, who is only a year older.I definitely never thought I would be playing still, Williams said. Now I dont really see when Im going to stop, because Im just enjoying these moments out here, getting to break records that I didnt even know existed or I didnt even know was possible.Over her career, she is 308-42 at the majors, fr a winning percentage of .dddddddddddd880. Heres the victory breakdown: 88 at the U.S. Open, 86 at Wimbledon, 74 at the Australian Open, 60 at the French Open.Federer is 307-51 (.85 and cant increase his total until next season, because he is sitting out the U.S. Open and the rest of 2016 because of problems with his surgically repaired right knee. Indeed, he recently tweeted pictures of himself hiking in the Swiss countryside .Williams, meanwhile, still has work to do at Flushing Meadows as she pursues another mark: most Grand Slam singles titles in the Open era, which began in 1968. She pulled even with Steffi Graf by collecting her 22nd trophy at Wimbledon in July.Against the 52nd-ranked Shvedova, Williams hit a tournament-leading 126 mph serve, totaled 11 aces, won 28 of 30 points when a first serve landed in, and didnt face a break point. So far, through four matches, Williams has not been broken at all, facing only a single break point.Shes hitting much harder than a regular player. And the placement and the bounce is much different, Shvedova said. Its harder to reach.Williams has reached at least the quarterfinals in each of her past nine appearances at the U.S. Open. A year ago, she was stunned in the semifinals by Roberta Vinci, ending the Americans bid to become the first player since Graf in 1988 with a calendar-year Grand Slam.Shell try to get back to the semifinals by beating No. 5 Simona Halep next.I just feel like Im going out there, doing what I need to do, Williams said. Im not overplaying, Im not underplaying.---Follow Howard Fendrich on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrich ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 426 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen