that fight to get made without any problems,

in TeeLeague 21.03.2019 04:56
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

Australian Olympic rugby gold medal winner Charlotte Caslick has taken aim at hockey legend Ric Charlesworth for his description of the Pearls womens sevens victory in Rio de Janeiro as soft.Charlesworth, who coached Australias womens hockey team to Olympic titles in 1996 and 2000, said he was delighted the Pearls had won the gold medal but he described rugby sevens as a soft event at the moment.I dont think they had a try scored against them well into the competition, so some events are much easier than others,Australia defeated Colombia and Fiji by an aggregate 89-0 before wrapping up their pl matches with a 12-12 draw against the United States; they then defeated Spain 24-0 and Canada 17-5 to reach the final in which they defeated New Zealand 24-17 to claim the inaugural gold medal.Caslick, who featured strongly in the four-tries-to-three final victory, scoring one try and having a hand in Ellia Greens second-half score, said Charlesworths comments reflected the fact that I guess hes never played sevens.I used to do track running when I was younger, and rugby sevens is like running a 400m - but on steroids, Caslick said on The Big Sports Breakfast.It is the hardest sport that I have ever tried.If you try running a 400 and getting tackled and getting back up off the ground, its tough.Charlesworth, who featured in five Olympic tournaments with Australias mens team before coaching the Hockeyrs to success in the Atlanta and Sydney Games, said that Olympic hockey tournaments presented a bigger challenge over a longer period of time than rugby sevens.I think hockey is as hard as any of the team games you play, Charlesworth said. Basketball is similar, where you have to play for two weeks, day after day. You can win five or six games and end up with nothing and that is tough.I played in a bunch of teams that were undefeated until the semi-finals - that can happen, its a hard medal to win, you have to slog it out day after day. Womens Running Shoes Australia . Takahashi, who had a 10-point lead after the short program, received 268.31 points after the free skate to finish 15 points ahead of second-place Nobunari Oda. Wholesale Running Shoes Australia . -- Josh Sterk scored once and set up two more as the Oshawa Generals edged the visiting Belleville Bulls 3-2 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. http://www.wholesalerunningshoesaustralia.com/ . Uniteds eighth defeat of a wretched campaign means Liverpl, which currently occupies the fourth and final Champions League place, could go nine points clear of its fierce rival by beating West Bromwich Albion on Sunday. Charlie Adam scored both of Stokes goals at Britannia Stadium either side of Robin van Persies equalizer, with a miserable day for seventh-place United capped by first-half injuries to centre halves Jonny Evans and Phil Jones that forced them off. Clearance Running Shoes Australia . First off, the fans ripped the Cubbies introduction of a fuzzy new kid-friendly mascot named "Clark". Cheap Running Shoes Australia . The Masters champion and winner of last weeks Australian PGA has a three-round total of 14-under 199 at Royal Melbourne. "Im in a really gd position for tomorrow," Scott said. Ricky Burns is not dismissing the lack of big names on challenger Kiryl Relikhs record ahead of Fridays title defence.Burns (40-5-1, 14 KOs) makes a first defence of his WBA world light-welterweight title against Relikh at the SSE Hydro in Glasgow with the possibility that victory will set up a money-spinning fight with American Adrien Broner, who may be ringside.The 33-year-old became Scotlands first three-weight world champion when he stopped Michele Di Rocco in May to revive his career following three defeats in his previous six bouts.Belarusian Relikh, who is trained by Britains former two-weight world champion Ricky Hatton, has compiled an impressive unbeaten record of 21 wins, 19 by stoppage.My trainer Tony Sims and I have watched a few rounds of Relikh and hes got a lot of KOs on his record so he can obviously punch a bit, but its the level of opposition that hes been knocking out, said Burns.He can dig a bit but were not treating this any differently to any other fight Ive had. Ive had a gd long camp for this one so theres no fears for me.This is my 48th fight now and Ive been in with big punchers before, I always wind Tony up and say that its a gd job I dont mind being hit in the face, but my chin has always coped OK.Were expecting a tough fight, but were confident of getting the job done. There were some big fights offered to me. They fell through for this one but now weve got the mandatory to get out of the way.Thats not to disrespect to Relikh -- hes got our full attention -- but theres some massive fights out there. I boxed Di Rocco for the vacant belt [after Broner was stripped of it for failing to make the weight in April] so Ive had to do this mandatory sstraight away.dddddddddddd We get this win and it leads to massive fights.You have to take notice of the record he brings. They might not be top names that hes been facing, but hes been knocking them out regardless.Burns has put all thought of fighting Broner (32-2, 24 KOs) to the back of his mind until after the fight.But if the brash 27-year-old from Cincinnati, who was last in action in April when he stopped Londoner Ashley Theophane, is ringside in Glasgow he is sure to let Burns know about his presence.Everybody seems to be lking past Kiryl but he has my full attention and if I dont come through this then these big fights are not going to happen, said Burns.Burns promoter Eddie Hearn says a future fight is possible with four-weight world champion Broner.Adrien contacted me and said he is coming to Glasgow on October 7 to watch the fight and if Ricky defeats Relikh I expect that fight to get made without any problems, said Hearn.All money made from remaining ticket sales for the Burns-Relikh show will be donated to the family of boxer Mike Towell.Scotsman Towell, 25, died in hospital with severe bleeding and swelling to his brain caused by injuries in a fight against Dale Evans in Glasgow on Thursday night.One week from Mike Towells final fight, we will be donating 100 per cent of all ticket sales from midnight tonight to midnight on Thursday to the family of Mike Towell, said Hearn.Hatton also started an online fundraising appeal for father-of-one Towell and the former champion donated £5,000. The JustGiving appeal has raised over £41,000. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 444 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen