Toronto hosts the B.C. d-2, Hawley had to be restrained from Reed and other

in TeeLeague 21.03.2019 04:56
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

AUBURN, Ala. -- Gus Malzahn and Auburn are in desperate need of a win. Les Miles and LSU are well acquainted with that feeling.The two Southeastern Conference Western Division rivals meet Saturday night having both dealt with disappointing losses and considerable angst among fans.No. 18 LSU (2-1, 1-0 SEC) has rebounded with two wins after an opening upset by then-unranked Wisconsin that renewed criticism of Miles. Auburn (1-2, 0-1) is trying to bounce back from a double whammy of home losses to No. 10 Texas A&M and No. 5 Clemson that Malzahn said have probably hurt me worse than any of the others.A win over LSU would ease some of that pain, especially after last seasons 45-21 thumping by Miles team. Malzahn promised his team will stay together and start winning.There will be no friction within this team, he said. The big thing for me is that our players are playing their guts out and they are playing hard. We have to coach them better and that starts with me.We are close, and when you really lk at it, we played two really gd teams and had opportunities. We just have to take that next step. We are going to get this thing turned around.Things dont get any easier, with four more ranked teams lming on Auburns schedule after this one.LSU has shown signs of turning things around with the emergence of quarterback Danny Etling, who led LSU to a 23-20 win over Mississippi State in his starting debut. But LSU was outscored 17-0 in the second half.---Some other things to watch when No. 18 LSU visits Auburn:STOPPING FOURNETTE: Auburn defenders are seeking redemption for the embarrassments dished out by LSU tailback Leonard Fournette. Fournette shk off, juked and ran over Auburn players en route to 228 yards, three touchdowns and a number of youtube.com videos. Malzahn said Auburn players will want to redeem themselves individually. Their running back had one of those Heisman-type games, but its a different year, he said. Were going to have to tackle well. Were going to have to gang tackle.FACING STEELE: Auburn first-year defensive crdinator Kevin Steele left the same job at LSU to work for Malzahn. Steele broke the news after LSUs bowl win over Texas Tech just after Miles returned to the hotel to eat. And I said, `Huh? Miles recalled. So I was relatively shocked. I understd, and I really wish him well.ETLING ON THE ROAD: LSU quarterback Danny Etling made his first start since transferring from Purdue against Mississippi State. Now he hits the road for the first time. Etling replaced a struggling Brandon Harris a week earlier against FCS Jacksonville State. I think Danny is going to be a mature guy, Miles said. Hes going to understand what hes supposed to do.PROTECTING WHITE: Auburn just faced Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett, and he had two sacks. Now, Steeles defense must find a way to block SEC sack leader Arden Key, whose five sacks ranks second nationally. Auburn ranks last among FBS teams in tackles for loss allowed.RUNNING AUBURN: Auburns 240-pound tailback Kamryn Pettway has two straight 100-yard games after not logging a carry in the opener or last season. Auburn will need him and Kerryon Johnson to come through because the passing game hasnt produced big plays or consistently moved the ball.---AP college ftball website: tball.ap.org" target="_blank">www.collegeftball.ap.org Wholesale Vapormax Australia . Kyle Denbrk, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, tk the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. Cheap Nike Vapormax Shoes .com) - The Pittsburgh Penguins placed forward James Neal on injured reserve Tuesday. http://www.wholesalevapormaxaustralia.com/ .Y. -- Syracuse has turned up the defence at the right time all season, and when High Point threatened to pull off a monumental upset the second-ranked Orange did what they do best with their quick hands and savvy play. Buy Vapormax Australia . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Nike Vapormax Australia . -- The Sacramento Kings are set to become the first major professional sports franchise to accept Bitcoin virtual currency for ticket and merchandise purchases. TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers center Joe Hawley has accused a Seattle Seahawks player of spitting in his face Sunday at Raymond James Stadium.Speaking Thursday on the Joe Hawley Show on Tampa Bay Sports Radio 620 WDAE, Hawley said he believes rkie Jarran Reed was the culprit.Yeah I think thats who it was, Hawley said of Reed, though he wasnt 100 percent certain. They were hitting me late and then one guy got up, and when I came up all fired up, he actually spit in my face after one of the plays. And that really got me fired up because I just dont think that should be a part of the game at all.Reed on Friday denied that he spit in Hawleys face.I dont know why he would think that, bring that allegation towards me, Reed said. I saw something saying we were hitting them late. ... You can go back and watch the film. You will see. If he thinks hes a clean player, then I dont know what to tell you. ?But as far as the allegations that I spit in his face, thats not true. Show me the play. Show me why I did it. Then you can say something. But other than that, I just think its funny.I thought we were all grown men. I think its pretty funny. He sounds like a 14-year-old girl, Oh he spit in my face and all that.The Bucs won 14-5 thanks to two early touchdown throws from Jameis Winston to Mike Evans?but struggled to move the ball for thhe remainder of the game against a stout Seahawks defense.ddddddddddddI mean, its one thing thing [to be] pushing, shouting, yelling. But as sn as he spit in my face, I was pretty fired up about that, Hawley said. Hes a young guy. I guess he just -- thats not the way to do it.At one point during the game, after the Seahawks made a stop on third-and-2, Hawley had to be restrained from Reed and other Seahawks players who were pushing and shoving. No flags were thrown, however.Hawley said he thinks Seahawks players were frustrated with Tampa Bays physical play.The way we were playing -- we decided we were gonna play hard and get after them because we knew thats the way they played, he said. And I think they were surprised when that happened, so they tried to talk about it and then we continued to do it and they started getting chippy with it. I just dont think they were used to the way we were playing, how hard we were playing. I guess they were the only ones who thought they were allowed to play like that.Said Reed:?I guess he couldnt block a rkie the way he wanted to. So Id be pretty pissed t. Hey, I guess he needs to do a better job.ESPN Seahawks reporter Sheil Kapadia contributed to this report. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 466 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen