and that guy? Joshua said. I said, `Give me 12, 18 mo

in Bewerbung 19.03.2019 11:56
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

LAS VEGAS -- TCU coach Jamie Dixon has so much versatility with his group this season, he may have several different starting lineups.That flexibility is paying off as sophomore reserve guard Alex Robinson scored a career-high 24 points to lead the Horned Frogs to a 93-80 victory over Washington in the Global Sports Classic on Saturday night at UNLVs Thomas & Mack Center.We have guys we dont think of as bench, but more guys, said Dixon whose team outscored Washingtons reserves 48-18. Depth is a strength. I didnt anticipate it when I tk the job. Were having fun. (The players) have bought in. They committed and theyve sacrificed.Karviar Shepherd added 15 points on 5-of-6 shting both from the field and free-throw line for TCU (6-0), which shot 53 percent from the field and never trailed. Vladimir Brodziansky contributed 12 points, Kenrich Williams had 11 and Jaylen Fisher 10 for the Horned Frogs.This is the first of two consecutive games between the teams that are from different Power 5 conferences. They play Wednesday at TCU.Its a blessing to be playing this well early in the season and to be part of this, Robinson said. We have full confidence in ourselves. We feel we come out and beat anybody. Our coach gives confidence. We just rally behind him with our energy.Washingtons Markelle Fultz finished with 27 points, but fouled out with seven minutes left. Fultz, who is averaging 23 points per game, went 8 of 13 from the field and 10 of 12 from the free-throw line.He was on his way to 40, said Washington coach Lorenzo Romar, who was coaching his 650th career game. He got going. When he gets going, hes something.Noah Dickerson and David Crisp had 14 points apiece for Washington (4-2).In the second half, Washington cut the lead to 39-35, and later to 54-52, before the Horned Frogs put it away with a 19-6 run.TCUS FAST STARTThe Horned Frogs started the game with a 19-4 run spanning the first seven and a half minutes of the game.I dont think there is any question we came out flat and they came out with great energy, Romar said. Thats a bad combination for the team that comes out flat. We got down and we should have been down.TCU expanded the lead to 26-10, its largest margin, with 8:06 until halftime. Then, the Huskies defense started forcing turnovers and trimmed the TCU lead to 35-31 before the Horned Frogs scored the last four points of the half. Faultz ended with 16 points before intermission.FREE THROWSTCU from the line went 26 of 33 (79 percent). However, three of those misses were on one trip by Robinson, who failed on all his attempts with 13:23 left after being fouled on a 3-point attempt from the left corner. Robinson finished 4 of 6 from the foul line.(After) coach said, `find your target, Robinson said. It got me going. We really rally behind our coaches.The Huskies from the line finished 19 of 23 (82 percent).UP NEXTBoth teams play each other again on Wednesday at TCU. This will be the second game of a home-and-home series from 2015-16 season. The Huskies won the previous affair in December a year ago in Seattle, 92-67.Air Max Sale Uk . Deulofeu injured a muscle in his right leg in Evertons 4-1 win over Fulham in the English Premier League on Saturday. Barcelona says that its team doctors will "co-ordinate" with Evertons medical staff as Deulofeu recovers. Nike Air Max Clearance Uk . Halladay signed a one-day contract with the Toronto Blue Jays on Monday that allowed the veteran right-hander to retire as a member of team with which he broke into the majors and spent the bulk of his distinguished 16-year career. http://www.airmaxsaleuk.com/ . A forerunning sled crashed into the worker Thursday at the Sanki Sliding Center. The unidentified worker broke both legs and was airlifted to a nearby hospital. Air Max Uk Sale Online . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15. Cheap Air Max Uk Sale . The visitors tk a deserved lead in the 16th minute with midfielder Yohan Cabaye curling the ball beyond Adrian from inside the penalty area.MANCHESTER, England -- Hes the accidental challenger with a checkered boxing record who, away from the ring, teaches kids with special educational needs at a high schl.Eric Molina, in many ways, is an improbable contender for the world heavyweight title.The American was a late call-up to fight IBF champion Anthony Joshua after the British boxers proposed super-fight with Wladimir Klitschko failed to be approved in time.The experts see Molina as the latest fodder for Joshua on his inexorable rise to the top of the heavyweight division, where hes won all 17 of his professional fights by knockout.But it might be unwise to write off Molina ahead of Saturdays fight in Manchester, northern England.Molina prides himself on his ability to bounce back from adversity, and hes had plenty of that in a boxing career that began only in 2006. A strong all-round sportsman, especially at baseball, he was studying at college and working in a restaurant when he decided to give boxing a try.He lost in a first-round knockout on his pro debut in 2007, and again in 2012 when Chris Arreolo brutally ended Molinas run of 18 wins. A third career loss came last year against WBC champion Deontay Wilder in Molinas only previous shot at a world title.Still, he came back for more, and beating Polands Tomasz Adamek in Krakow with a 10th-round knockout earned Molina the vacant IBF intercontinental title. When talks with Klitschko broke down, Joshuas team turned to Molina.I started my career 0-1, so of course Im the underdog, Molina told The Associated Press in a Manchester hotel on Thursday. To get here, Ive busted all the underdog odds.Ive been down and Ive regrouped. ... Now I want to shake the world.Theres more to Molina than boxing. In 2012, he got a masters degree in special education from the University of Texas at Brownsville, and teaches in a schl in Edinburg. He hasnt worked at the schl since last summer to fully focus on boxing but plans to return, perhaps next August.They have a couple of strikes against them in their lifetime already, Richard Molina, Erics father, told the AP about his sons students, so he decided if he can help each one of them and make their lives better, thats what he does.It makes him unique (as a boxer). His humbleness will never fade.That hummbleness extends to the boxing ring.dddddddddddd Hes not one for trash talk before and after fights, and treats his opponents with respect. He turned up to Thursdays prefight news conference lking sharply dressed, wearing a waistcoat and a bow tie.Joshua is making the second defense of the IBF title he won in April by beating Charles Martin in London. He beat Dominic Breazeale in June, also in the British capital, after being taken seven rounds -- his longest fight since turning pro in 2012 after winning an Olympic gold medal in London that year.Joshua has barely been tested as a pro but most are in agreement that Molina is a credible challenger, and Joshuas most dangerous fight to date.Weve specifically trained to land the knockout shot, Molina said, when asked how he has prepared for the fight. Theres nothing else weve worked on, other than landing that shot.That one big punch is his calling card. Against Wilder, it was a clean left hk that wobbled the champion in his home state of Alabama, but Molina couldnt follow it up and was knocked out in the ninth round.Molina described Wilder as the best heavyweight in the world right now. Joshua, with his chiseled physique and ferocious punching power, might have something to say about that, although theres a sense that he still has something to prove.The fight with Klitschko has finally been sanctioned by the WBA for next year, but he said he will not be lking beyond Molina.People were asking me 12 months ago, 18 months ago, when you going to fight this guy and that guy? Joshua said. I said, `Give me 12, 18 months, and thats now.Everyone is here because there is the potential of me taking a loss. Thats the heavyweight division.Joshua, though, promised to make Eric lk like a novice, and it will be a big shock if the Briton loses in front of 21,000 spectators at Manchester Arena. Even Molina said hell need to be lucky to win but believes his back-story gives him strength and hope.Anthony Joshuas at the point in his career where he needs to get tested, Molina said. Hes hitting that time of his career where hes going to have to start facing situations he hasnt faced before. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 347 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen